Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   RX-Snake (Project Car) (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   RX-Snake: Body, Paint, Name, Logos (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1053)

Vettezuki 06-08-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 24100)
You guys rock! :hail:

Not sure if you guys have an action plan for the flanges. I was going to cut a groove around the foam, and dip the edge of the glass into the groove, pop it off, then lay pieces from the back side and use pieces of wood to get the right angle.

:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

So are you guys going to run that wooden plastic glass bundle as the front bumper or just use it as a mold?

The front and back above is just a buck, not even the mold. We'll cast the mold off these "patterns".

Thanks for the suggestion on the flanges.

Flares:
We're considering not using any flares. My research indicates a 28x10 on a 9.5x15 is about the biggest wheel/tire comb we can get under there. I'm thinking a full 10" slick is enough for our modest 450~whp. I'd actually like this better, keeping the stock front and rear "flaring".

Leedom 06-09-2009 08:35 AM

Ben,

You and your brother are doing a great job! :thumbs_up: The pieces look good.

Flares:

Go big or go home!!! Flare those things and stick a fat tire under there. :smack:

eric97srad 07-06-2009 05:49 AM

bump:

I just read through this whole thread - I'm trying to catch up on everything with the project - I love all the ideas everyone has come up with. The body work looks great so far too :hail:

Any projection as far as paint time? I'll be back state-side in November and would really like to contribute with some of the "knuckle-dragger" work. I'll have nothing but time on my hands for at least a couple of months.

Vettezuki 07-06-2009 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric97srad (Post 26280)
bump:

I just read through this whole thread - I'm trying to catch up on everything with the project - I love all the ideas everyone has come up with. The body work looks great so far too :hail:

Any projection as far as paint time? I'll be back state-side in November and would really like to contribute with some of the "knuckle-dragger" work. I'll have nothing but time on my hands for at least a couple of months.

We'll see how things unfold over the summer and into the fall. I have limited control over my schedule and available funds are lean at the moment, so I'd say there's a decent chance there will still be something left to do around then. :thumbs_up:

enkeivette 07-16-2009 01:34 AM

Thought on the firewall. If you want it to look all pretty and special, rather than filling up those holes you should cut out a big piece, punch a hole for the steering and brakes and weld it or rivet it over or in place of the stock wall. Will look a lot more clean and save hours of welding and sanding and body work.

Vettezuki 07-16-2009 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 27096)
Thought on the firewall. If you want it to look all pretty and special, rather than filling up those holes you should cut out a big piece, punch a hole for the steering and brakes and weld it or rivet it over or in place of the stock wall. Will look a lot more clean and save hours of welding and sanding and body work.

Don't think it'd blend with the many contours, studs and holes of the rest of the engine compartment. :huh: But I know where you're coming from.

enkeivette 08-25-2009 09:28 AM

That rear bumper is 5 mins away from being glass ready, have you guys done anything to it?

Vettezuki 08-25-2009 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 30330)
That rear bumper is 5 mins away from being glass ready, have you guys done anything to it?

No. The rear bumper is your ball game. So when you coming over to cast a mold?

big2bird 08-25-2009 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 27096)

Good call Adam.:thumbs_up:

kameleongt 08-27-2009 10:30 PM

Let me know if YOU guys need any other supplies part #'s work best I should be able to give you close to my price on everything.