Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Derailers Anonymous (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34166)

Vettezuki 03-26-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 112682)
Sale are up. There is even a new billboard downtown advertising ARM Loans. People don't learn.

That's more concerning. On the up side, qualifying is MUCH harder and more rigorous than it was before.

Shaolin Crane 03-26-2013 01:33 PM

Well that sucks, unless I start making buku bucks i'll have to put my housing plans off for a while it seems.

Vettezuki 03-26-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 112702)
Well that sucks, unless I start making buku bucks i'll have to put my housing plans off for a while it seems.

Do you enjoy or are you at least capable of basic construction/handy man type stuff? If so, you can find "fixer uppers" or houses that need "TLC" for an ok discount, though they are getting chewed up by flippers now.

This all might just be a flash in the pan and settle out once liquidity gets used.* In any event, save for a 20% down to stay conventional and avoid PMI and other hassls if you can, find a house that needs a little attention in an ok neighborhood and you *might* be able to find something that wouldn't break the bank, especially if you were willing to go out a little ways towards Fontana/Riverside. This is where a lot of people get really fucked up. A house is not really an asset, it's a liability sucking money and time away. It's only an asset if you're renting for positive cash flow or at the time (and only at the time) you sell it for a profit. Always assuming the price of real property will be higher in the future just cuz is not all that bright. A few million people have had there asses handed to them in the last couple years on that little error.

*Liquidity
The banks are flush with cash. If they open the flood gates (lowering requirements for example) for whatever reason(s), all bets are off, property values would sky rocket to who knows where. On a tangent, there's already some signs of general inflation (and definitely in the producer prices area). Fortunately productivity is always increasing and people and banks on the whole are a "little" more careful on the spending side than before, so things might stay reasonably under wraps, but no guarantees. The gun is loaded, it's just matter if we're going to put it to our heads and pull the trigger. :smack:

enkeivette 03-27-2013 12:29 AM

Ben, your house is freaking awesome. And your wife is awesome enough to allow you two project rooms. Dont cry.

enkeivette 03-27-2013 12:30 AM

Omg omg omg plasti dip is sooo amazing omg Im gonna spray my lights and my wheels and my trim panels and my entire car and my cock and balls with it omg.

Vettezuki 03-27-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 112743)
Omg omg omg plasti dip is sooo amazing omg Im gonna spray my lights and my wheels and my trim panels and my entire car and my cock and balls with it omg.

Instead of benching, one day, you and Carlos should have a drunk posting contest. . .

Vettezuki 03-27-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 112742)
Ben, your house is freaking awesome. And your wife is awesome enough to allow you two project rooms. Dont cry.

I do like it , and location to work is about as good as it gets. Gonna do a patio room conversion, and pick up a couple hundred square feet. There some really nice product on the market that makes them pretty nice, like a pleasant sun room. Gonna continue with making the garage a nice shop space and keep the snake here.

I was worried about some safety issues, but in the last year or so the Koreans have been moving in big time and displacing some of the riff-raff in surrounding neighborhoods. There's already a nice Asian market here now (across from Nick's loaded with goodies round-eyes aren't hip to.) We'll see how it goes, but it should work for at least a few more years.

Shaolin Crane 03-27-2013 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 112703)
Do you enjoy or are you at least capable of basic construction/handy man type stuff? If so, you can find "fixer uppers" or houses that need "TLC" for an ok discount, though they are getting chewed up by flippers now.

This all might just be a flash in the pan and settle out once liquidity gets used.* In any event, save for a 20% down to stay conventional and avoid PMI and other hassls if you can, find a house that needs a little attention in an ok neighborhood and you *might* be able to find something that wouldn't break the bank, especially if you were willing to go out a little ways towards Fontana/Riverside. This is where a lot of people get really fucked up. A house is not really an asset, it's a liability sucking money and time away. It's only an asset if you're renting for positive cash flow or at the time (and only at the time) you sell it for a profit. Always assuming the price of real property will be higher in the future just cuz is not all that bright. A few million people have had there asses handed to them in the last couple years on that little error.

*Liquidity
The banks are flush with cash. If they open the flood gates (lowering requirements for example) for whatever reason(s), all bets are off, property values would sky rocket to who knows where. On a tangent, there's already some signs of general inflation (and definitely in the producer prices area). Fortunately productivity is always increasing and people and banks on the whole are a "little" more careful on the spending side than before, so things might stay reasonably under wraps, but no guarantees. The gun is loaded, it's just matter if we're going to put it to our heads and pull the trigger. :smack:

My dream is to find a ample piece of land in Glendora and build my house with my own hands, I have the skillset and the ability, just not the money.

Vettezuki 03-27-2013 01:09 AM

There's loans for land + construction like anything else and you could theoretically do for less if you had all the right connections and a lot of patience to work through all the hoops. My family back in Wisconin has done this sort of thing several times. My favorite story is a distant cousin who bought 40 acres heavily forested with hard woods. He thinned the hardwoods (mostly maple) and sold for high grade lumber damn near the purchase price of the land. Scratching around in the middle to make a clearing he discovered the water table there was pretty high so made himself a little lake. In WI, you can buy stockers basically free, so he put in like a couple thousand fish for like $100 or something ridiculous like that. Of course, that was a one time deal, never have to do that again since he's about the only one fishing there. Naturall there are all the deer you could ant (too many in fact), etc. Then a cottage on the river that runs along the back. All in, said an done, basically he has a private 40 acre park for well under $100k.

Shaolin Crane 03-27-2013 01:59 AM

I have the connections, buddies who own rental companies, only thing I would really have to contract out is someone to pour the concrete for the rebar reinforced walls. Everything else i can do.

enkeivette 03-27-2013 07:44 AM

Ive always wanted to get a house with an atrium, and convert it to an indoor spa.

fiveohwblow 03-27-2013 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 112743)

Couldn't agree more. Sick of this obsession with the redneck nectar.

87LX 03-30-2013 05:36 AM

I thought Pabst was the redneck nectar?

Vettezuki 04-01-2013 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87LX (Post 112898)
I thought Pabst was the redneck nectar?

Don't be hatin. Rolling Rock is pretty good too. Though, homey don't play, Mickey's Big Mouth

87LX 04-01-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 112925)
Don't be hatin. Rolling Rock is pretty good too. Though, homey don't play, Mickey's Big Mouth

nah homie. you need a quart of Old E

enkeivette 04-01-2013 10:41 AM

Miller Highlife in that hand held 3 liter glass bottle is the red neck nectar

Shaolin Crane 04-01-2013 01:06 PM

Found out my dad's partner has some pretty serious lung cancer today. No bueno, remind me not to smoke.

blackax 04-01-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 112948)
Found out my dad's partner has some pretty serious lung cancer today. No bueno, remind me not to smoke.

That sucks, hope they found out soon enough to save their life.

Vettezuki 04-01-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87LX (Post 112937)
nah homie. you need a quart of Old E

Old E is ok. I have actually drunk King Cobra. . . on purpose . . once.

Worst.Hangover.Ever.

Vettezuki 04-01-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 112948)

Don't smoke. But you can get LC without smoking (small percentage). Shit is deadly, BUT science is making crazy rapid advances in fighting against cancer. Many of us might live long enough for it to be a historical point like small pox or something.

Shaolin Crane 04-01-2013 06:33 PM

This is bad apparently, found out last thursday, going for surgury and kemo this thursday. Apparently they're going to hit him hard enough there's a good chance he might die from the kemo alone, but thats how bad it is.

enkeivette 04-03-2013 09:14 AM

Our bodies fight cancer naturally, we grow cancers all the time, but we eat so much synthetic crap it slows our bodies down. My best friends Dad had prostate cancer, he elected to do the organic diet over the chemo... cancer shrunk, and disappeared.

First hand info, not an old wives tales. Freakin crazy.

Also, people dont understand how cancer works. Its not prolonged exposure to something that causes it, its one single occurrence. One puff of smoke, one beam of light. The reason people who tan and smoke have an increased risk is simply because they have better odds with more exposures. Crazy.

enkeivette 04-08-2013 02:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Table artwork from my Friday night date:

Attachment 815

blackax 04-08-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 113204)
Table artwork from my Friday night date:

Attachment 815

Sexy

enkeivette 04-10-2013 11:09 AM

"Having a big cam at idle is like being really horny and not being able to fuck" -Jake

enkeivette 04-10-2013 03:10 PM

Ever wonder why Brea is a Blvd and not a Street? Brea St... BreaSt

Ryridesmotox 04-12-2013 10:47 AM

I wonder about things... today I was wondering about this:

Nicolas Guaman
ILLEGAL ALIEN from Ecuador
He was driving drunk with his 6 year old son in the car. Ran over a motorcyclist, then drug his body for about a 1/4 mile (the motorcyclist was alive the whole time), a bunch of bystanders were running after the truck banging on the windows trying to get him to stop, then ran off the road, hit a curb which dislodged the motorcyclist, after running off the road he backed up and ran over the motorcyclist again finally killing him, the he fucking drove off!!! The judge in the case recently said that he isnt competent to stand trial yet because he can't communicate with his lawyer. well FUCK ME he has been here for over a decade working illegally and he cant communicate with anyone?!?!? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. Has all common sense fallen out of the asshole of society? If I was the motorcyclist's father I would get arrested to be put in prison to slit this fucker's throat and watch the life drain out of his eyes.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...f_milford_man/

fiveohwblow 04-12-2013 01:58 PM

Un real. I don't even know what to say....

Ryridesmotox 04-12-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiveohwblow (Post 113425)
Un real. I don't even know what to say....

Call, email, talk to your congressmen/women and tell them to enforce the immigration laws on the books. Other than that, I have no idea since its fairly obvious that most of America doesn't give a shit about it. There really isn't anything to do or say really. Just feel comforted in the fact that our tax dollars go to represent people who illegally entered the country and who should have no right to the justice system which they mock every damn day

Vettezuki 04-12-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 113342)
Ever wonder why Brea is a Blvd and not a Street? Brea St... BreaSt

Deep Thoughts, with enkeivette.

enkeivette 04-13-2013 12:54 AM

Public Defenders and OAC always have Spanish speaking lawyers. If he was given a lawyer who cant speak Spanish its prob because no one gives a fuck about him and theyre not planning to fight very hard, and the judge just wants to make sure things go fairly and by the book so nothing will be turned over on appeal.

Dont worry, give it time, he will be fucked by the long dick of the law. My money is on negligent homicide if he plea bargains, reckless indifference murder if he doesnt. (Based on what Ive read here.) If he was drunk or stoned, felony murder.

enkeivette 04-13-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 113449)
Deep Thoughts, with enkeivette.

Im wondering how many people didnt get it at first.

Shaolin Crane 04-13-2013 01:59 AM

I want to know why streets are still named parkways when we drive on them

Vettezuki 04-13-2013 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 113458)
Public Defenders and OAC always have Spanish speaking lawyers. If he was given a lawyer who cant speak Spanish its prob because no one gives a fuck about him and theyre not planning to fight very hard, and the judge just wants to make sure things go fairly and by the book so nothing will be turned over on appeal.

Dont worry, give it time, he will be fucked by the long dick of the law. My money is on negligent homicide if he plea bargains, reckless indifference murder if he doesnt. (Based on what Ive read here.) If he was drunk or stoned, felony murder.

This is all I'm going to say about it unless ya'lls want to move it the politics forum which is hidden from non-registered users and doesn't hit the front page.

The machinations of judicial process are hard to grock when confronted with a senseless death.

As for the law, it should be treated the same as if it were a tourist visiting the US, a legal alien resident, a citizen, etc.

I cannot blame a poor Mexican peasant who comes from the hinterlands North a bit to find work and send money home to his family. Why? It's the best option available to him for the reality of life. I would do the same thing. I cannot blame someone for doing what I would do. What would you do?

My ancestors came to the US in the mid 19th century. There was no particularly formal process. They showed up and started making their lives. (We'll side step the minor detail that there were people here before any of our ancestors . . except MustangRay . . and that they got the most epic fucking of all.) Nevertheless, America's remarkable position in history is a function of its openness over the centuries, NOT a very typical closed attitude.

Treat criminals as criminals regardless of where they are from. A person is not a criminal because of where they are from.

Vettezuki 04-13-2013 02:41 AM

I'm enjoying the shit out of Vikings on the History channel.

Shaolin Crane 04-13-2013 08:55 AM

On my way to Formula D to inhale some tire smoke

enkeivette 04-13-2013 12:53 PM

Did you construe my post as prejudice somehow?

Vettezuki 04-13-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 113474)
Did you construe my post as prejudice somehow?

No. Did you construe my response as construing your post as prejudice?

enkeivette 04-13-2013 04:47 PM

Yes. Did you construe my response as construing your response to construing my response as prejudice?

Vettezuki 04-13-2013 05:09 PM

Si.