Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   RX-Snake (Project Car) (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   RX-Snake: Body, Paint, Name, Logos (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1053)

enkeivette 06-05-2009 03:56 PM

Ben, I'll be around this weedkend if you want to do some glassin. If you want to get it prepared, take some 2x4s and stand them up near the rear bumper to get an idea of how much to foam it. Then foam it so it'll be ready for us to shape.

Vettezuki 06-05-2009 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 23963)
Ben, I'll be around this weedkend if you want to do some glassin. If you want to get it prepared, take some 2x4s and stand them up near the rear bumper to get an idea of how much to foam it. Then foam it so it'll be ready for us to shape.

We're deep into it homeslice. I'll take a picture later tonight, but this weekend is a bit shot for me.

enkeivette 06-05-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 23987)
We're deep into it homeslice. I'll take a picture later tonight, but this weekend is a bit shot for me.

Things gonna be painted before I know it! :beer: I'm in NY next week, then after that I'll be free as a bee if you need mee. Don't forget, I know how to do mechanical shtuff too.

Vettezuki 06-05-2009 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 23990)
Things gonna be painted before I know it! :beer: I'm in NY next week, then after that I'll be free as a bee if you need mee. Don't forget, I know how to do mechanical shtuff too.

There will be plenty to do. Looking forward to your return ;)

enkeivette 06-07-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 23991)
There will be plenty to do. Looking forward to your return ;)

Is that red white and blue respirator still over there? Be nice with it, I need to plastic weld that strap and return it to Eric's dad.

Vettezuki 06-07-2009 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 24034)
Is that red white and blue respirator still over there? Be nice with it, I need to plastic weld that strap and return it to Eric's dad.

Yes.

SeanPlunk 06-07-2009 11:15 PM

After Angeles Crest I'll be ready to dive back in too. I miss working on it.

Vettezuki 06-07-2009 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 24051)
After Angeles Crest I'll be ready to dive back in too. I miss working on it.

Good to hear. I've tried to kick the ball down the field as best I can on various parts while keeping some good old fashioned knuckle-dragger work ready for a group day.

Vettezuki 06-08-2009 01:14 AM

Just a few pics of the front and rear bumper fab status. These are still just the bucks (patterns) in a fairly rough status. The molds will be cast from these and finally the parts from the molds.

Front Bumper:

Rear bumper: You can see the basic shape and the space made for the diffuser. Yes. We're going to have a slick under carriage diffuser.

The spare tire well will be cut out and a piece of square tubing welded in to replace what was the rear bumper structural member.

enkeivette 06-08-2009 02:30 PM

You guys rock! :hail:

Not sure if you guys have an action plan for the flanges. I was going to cut a groove around the foam, and dip the edge of the glass into the groove, pop it off, then lay pieces from the back side and use pieces of wood to get the right angle.

:thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

So are you guys going to run that wooden plastic glass bundle as the front bumper or just use it as a mold?