Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   10/31 Halloween Street Legals. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9088)

99BlownSScamaro 10-21-2009 11:05 PM

i've never tried too....i dont see why you couldnt

CooBra07 10-26-2009 12:30 AM

I will be there for sure on the 31st!

I have a question for anybody that might know the answer???

The rumor is that California Dragway (aka..AutoClub Dragway) will be shutting down the Street Legal Events Effective Jan 2010.???

can anybody confirm!

99BlownSScamaro 10-26-2009 12:46 AM

I have heard that too but as far as I've learned it's not going to happen...I even called the speedway but couldnt get any info

Vettezuki 10-26-2009 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99BlownSScamaro (Post 36473)
I have heard that too but as far as I've learned it's not going to happen...I even called the speedway but couldnt get any info

Nobody has ever been able to get any info from the Speedway on anything . . . ever. :leaving:

99BlownSScamaro 10-26-2009 02:39 AM

yea what part of that doesnt surprise me lol

SeanPlunk 10-26-2009 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CooBra07 (Post 36471)
I will be there for sure on the 31st!

I have a question for anybody that might know the answer???

The rumor is that California Dragway (aka..AutoClub Dragway) will be shutting down the Street Legal Events Effective Jan 2010.???

can anybody confirm!

I have heard the same thing. Someone from the track called me about 5 months ago and mentioned it. He said that he had seen the site and thanked us for taping runs and promoting the street legals. He said he might come along on the Angeles Crest cruise, but didn't show up. At the time he said there was a lot of pressure to shut down the events and mentioned that 2009 might be the last year.

SexyLxy 10-26-2009 12:03 PM

Is anyone driving out that isn't racing that I might be able to hitch a ride from?

Husband is racing but I don't want to have 2 cars at the track, and I don't want to get up at the crack of dawn. :)

Vettezuki 10-26-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 36500)
I have heard the same thing. Someone from the track called me about 5 months ago and mentioned it. He said that he had seen the site and thanked us for taping runs and promoting the street legals. He said he might come along on the Angeles Crest cruise, but didn't show up. At the time he said there was a lot of pressure to shut down the events and mentioned that 2009 might be the last year.

Where's the pressure coming from? Community groups or more professional drag organizations that want the track more available for competitive events?

joedls 10-26-2009 01:43 PM

I emailed the president of Auto Club Speedway and asked him if the rumor was true that there would be no more Street Legal races after Jan 1. Here is the reply I received:

"We have never had a conversation about this. I continue to believe the rumors in the drag racing community are disruptive. My advice to you - Don’t spread them. Don’t listen to them. If it doesn’t come from us, I wouldn’t trust it."

Vettezuki 10-26-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 36527)
I emailed the president of Auto Club Speedway and asked him if the rumor was true that there would be no more Street Legal races after Jan 1. Here is the reply I received:

"We have never had a conversation about this. I continue to believe the rumors in the drag racing community are disruptive. My advice to you - Don’t spread them. Don’t listen to them. If it doesn’t come from us, I wouldn’t trust it."

I'll put this on our MS page and spread the word there as well.