Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Project Cars (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Advice on a mustang... (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7928)

Leedom 09-15-2009 09:42 PM

I have AAA 100 mile towing and I would be willing to let one of my towes go for you. Let me know. If you can find a trailer here in So OC I can tow you up to Ron's house in my truck.

BlacknBoostn 09-16-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 32472)
I have AAA 100 mile towing and I would be willing to let one of my towes go for you. Let me know. If you can find a trailer here in So OC I can tow you up to Ron's house in my truck.

Thanks adam :thumbs_up: hopefully finding a trailer won't be too difficult... my goal is to try and keep things as convenient as possible.

Sean, already had to drive it back to lake forest from past the 15fwy (we were on our way to elsinor when the crack blew)... not good. We're gonna let it sit.

thisgirlkera 09-16-2009 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 32468)
Tyler,

Why not try to drive it around your immediate area a little bit and see how it does?

i wish i could drive my car but because i'm loosing back pressure i'm not able to accelerate very well, and when it gets worse from driving it i pretty much can't go very far.:rant:

BRUTAL64 09-16-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisgirlkera (Post 32543)
i wish i could drive my car but because i'm loosing back pressure i'm not able to accelerate very well, and when it gets worse from driving it i pretty much can't go very far.:rant:

Back pressure does not make an engine run better. There is something else going on here. :drink:

Leedom 09-16-2009 12:53 PM

If you can find the crack you might want to try and put some JB weld on it till you get it fixed. Might allow you to drive it and have it run a bit better till you get it fixed for good.

BlacknBoostn 09-16-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 32546)
Back pressure does not make an engine run better. There is something else going on here. :drink:

to little back pressure isn't good either tho, try putting a 4in exhaust on a NA civic... sllloooowwww

BlacknBoostn 09-16-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 32547)
If you can find the crack you might want to try and put some JB weld on it till you get it fixed. Might allow you to drive it and have it run a bit better till you get it fixed for good.

that might be a really good idea... i bet if we did that we could at least get it out there

BRUTAL64 09-16-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn (Post 32558)
to little back pressure isn't good either tho, try putting a 4in exhaust on a NA civic... sllloooowwww

Over scavenging can effect power ( lowers it), back pressure does not help power, it only hurts it.

Scavenging, when done correctly, will assist the filling of the cylinder not slow it or even push mixture back into the intake like back pressure will.

Over scavenging will pull the fuel air mixture into the cylinder and right out the exhaust causing less power. It's all a balancing act.:drink:

BlacknBoostn 09-16-2009 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 32572)
Over scavenging can effect power ( lowers it), back pressure does not help power, it only hurts it.

Scavenging, when done correctly, will assist the filling of the cylinder not slow it or even push mixture back into the intake like back pressure will.

Over scavenging will pull the fuel air mixture into the cylinder and right out the exhaust causing less power. It's all a balancing act.:drink:

So I could be correct in stating that running open header on a car not tuned to take advantage of that can cause a loss in hp correct? I drove kera's car before and after this happened, and rode in it after the first time.. No engine damage that is noticeable, but clearly a loss of torque and slow accel :)

Vettezuki 09-16-2009 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn (Post 32619)
So I could be correct in stating that running open header on a car not tuned to take advantage of that can cause a loss in hp correct? I drove kera's car before and after this happened, and rode in it after the first time.. No engine damage that is noticeable, but clearly a loss of torque and slow accel :)

Perhaps. But you're talking just a leak right? That's not going to be much of a drop in pressure. Does that engine have an EGR? Is that leaking or otherwise somehow damaged? If so, that can definitely screw you up.