Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Auto (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   Sold the Cobra (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30915)

Leedom 08-09-2011 12:07 PM

Why are we even discussing Sean getting a C6Z? He would drive it no faster than a regular C6. Save the money and buy a C6. He had the Cobra and still drove it slower than a Mach 1. Just saying. :rolling:

Shaolin Crane 08-09-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 80899)
Put a blower on your LS3 and call it a day. You'll have more Go than the LS7, and unless you're actually road racing where temp control is a major issue, it'll be plenty reliable, etc. But there's more to it than even engine performance, the C6Z has a different look/stance. That's why you can pick them out on the road fairly easily from the base. They have more swagger.

Whats the cheapest blower kit, like 4k? Thats not even in the same ballpark

Vettezuki 08-09-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 80907)
Whats the cheapest blower kit, like 4k? Thats not even in the same ballpark

It's going to be heads and shoulders above a cam and head work, and an LS7 for raw power for that matter, and still way less than a C6Z. That's my point.

AARP 08-09-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 80903)
Why are we even discussing Sean getting a C6Z? He would drive it no faster than a regular C6. Save the money and buy a C6. He had the Cobra and still drove it slower than a Mach 1. Just saying. :rolling:

Exactly why a miata is perfect :sm_laughing:

Shaolin Crane 08-09-2011 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 80908)
It's going to be heads and shoulders above a cam and head work, and an LS7 for raw power for that matter, and still way less than a C6Z. That's my point.

Well if we're upping the cost to a base model blower a rotating assembly is cheaper and will bring it to a 427ci, well enough to match everything but the dry sump.

mdpalmer 08-09-2011 05:39 PM

Wow Sean... cobra is gone... you got good money for it, nice to see it held its value well. I always had a soft spot for the termis, wanted to have one years ago but just couldn't afford it. If I ever get rid of my rex, my next quick car will probably be a C6 ZO6, and I will probably leave it bone stock except for wheels/tires. I absolutely love those cars. I've been lucky enough to spend some time riding in one and a ZR1 and they are both complete animals and can do it all. Hell, last track day I was riding in one and the driver had the A/C on the whole time lol. Awesome.

Anyway, good luck with your house buying and raising the kid. And I thought cars were money pits :) Hope to see you around sometime.

Chuck 08-09-2011 05:50 PM

:popcorn:

Chuck 08-09-2011 05:52 PM

I have been looking at maybe getting one instead of the cts-v only because of cost but I really like the idea of having a 500hp sedan.

SoCalC55 08-09-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 80817)
I didn't have to do anything to it other than oil changes and just fixing the AC.

mmm i recall something else taking a sh*t in a race... haha even though you still won

in all seriousness that was an awesome car but i know that you'll find something that fits your needs but is still plenty bad ass... Your kid would do real nice in a v8 4-door :bigthumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 80940)
I I really like the idea of having a 500hp sedan.

I like your thinking

Sonic03SVT 08-09-2011 10:05 PM

There is a lot...LOT more than just engine to set the C6Z apart from the standard C6. Aluminum frame is a big one, and obviously impossible to replicate. Second, to your point about dry sump not being a big deal? Go peruse the road racing forums on vetteforums and see how many people have blown up LS3s in left hand turns on good tires. Go ahead, ill wait.

Crazy right? You wouldnt catch me dead on a track with any vette that didnt have an LS6, or a dry sump LS3/7. Just wouldnt do it, these have not been isolated incidents. They dont all blow up, but lots do. Carlos can probably weigh in here, hes probably aware of this.

C6z is so much more than a C6 with a big engine. IMHO totally worth the extra $, but if its a deal breaker, cant beat a good C6 Z51, just might want to invest in a dry sump setup.