Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Drunken Brawl Cafe (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   My other pony "Dedicated Service" (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29275)

Damian 06-18-2011 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 77480)
Parts for foxes are cheap

That and you can damn near build a whole car from aftermarket parts.

Shaolin Crane 06-18-2011 08:44 AM

As I did, the only ford parts left is the original chassis, 95 cobra brakes, m179 cobra rims, engine block, wiring harness and the interior plastic parts. Everything else has been changed to aftermarket parts, probably have 20k if not more into the chassis before motor, obviously you don't need to go that extreme to get a nice handling driver but I wanted to build a car that could out perform a c6z

94cobra69ss396 06-18-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 77491)
As I did, the only ford parts left is the original chassis, 95 cobra brakes, m179 cobra rims, engine block, wiring harness and the interior plastic parts. Everything else has been changed to aftermarket parts, probably have 20k if not more into the chassis before motor, obviously you don't need to go that extreme to get a nice handling driver but I wanted to build a car that could out perform a c6z

You don't need to do anything to a Mustang to take a C6Z on a road course. Have you ever been on a road course with one? The owners drive like grandmas in the corners and then floor it in the straights. I pretty sure I could take one in my Suburban. :lmfao:

The last time I ran the Cobra at CSW there were three C6Zs in my run group and I laped all three. One of them took me two laps to pass though because he wouldn't point for me to pass (we were allowed to pass without a point by). I just stayed on his bumper and on the second lap he finally did.

Shaolin Crane 06-18-2011 12:42 PM

I wanted it to be able to best the car not the driver :rolling:

Damian 06-18-2011 01:49 PM

It is cheaper to be the better driver.

Shaolin Crane 06-18-2011 01:52 PM

I agree, but its also cheaper to replace the shitty parts on a car with good aftermarket replacements.

Shaolin Crane 06-24-2011 09:16 PM

So yesterday we got back from vegas so i stopped in at my builder to see how progress is going, my builder spent more time on the heads than originally thought but it was worth the time, plus his dad left for hawaii so it will be some more time, which is fine since he is taking care of me, here are some pics of one of the heads

BRUTAL64 06-24-2011 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 77910)
So yesterday we got back from vegas so i stopped in at my builder to see how progress is going, my builder spent more time on the heads than originally thought but it was worth the time, plus his dad left for hawaii so it will be some more time, which is fine since he is taking care of me, here are some pics of one of the heads

Real pretty!

Damian 06-25-2011 12:26 AM

I wish my chambers and ports looked like that.

Shaolin Crane 06-25-2011 02:51 AM

They arent done yet, he says he wants to smooth them some more and do some more work on the valve pockets, heads should flow quite well