Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Engines, Transimissions, Suspension, etc. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Bye bye old boat motor. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24163)

enkeivette 01-15-2011 12:11 PM

Damn... sounds like you have money. I demand pics now. :)

enkeivette 01-15-2011 05:35 PM

enkeivette 01-17-2011 11:54 AM

My mom helped me drop it in by the way. My mom is pretty cool. :)

injdinjn 01-17-2011 04:21 PM

A street vehicle air cleaner is not required on a boat - no dust on the water. At least not yet. So just a flame arrestor is all that is needed, mostly to keep the bottle caps out of the intake. :)

When I had mine, 79 350vette with VP IO, it had some funky distributor on it. Normal GM distributors were not marine approved - DUH. Since marine parts are 4x as expensive as car parts we spent about a hours matching up the point, cond and cap to car numbers. Same $hit diff number and price. One thing that is a real good idea on a boat is a fuel filter.

enkeivette 01-17-2011 05:24 PM

Sand and salt are pretty common though. I'd prefer to keep the sand out.

Chuck 01-17-2011 07:49 PM

Its coming together so when is the turbo going on?

Shaolin Crane 01-17-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 66629)
Damn... sounds like you have money. I demand pics now. :)

Ha, my dad has the money, and apparently I have the great honor of doing the work for him.

enkeivette 01-18-2011 12:02 AM

Sexy...

I'm going to get it running this week probably. This boat is definitely a budget project. You wouldn't believe how little I have invested into it. So the turbos will come from pick your part. I'm hoping to get lucky and find two Mercedes diesel turbos. There was one last time I was there. I will remove the mufflers and send the water out the rear, separate from the exhaust, and port the exhaust from the water logs directly into each turbo, which will boost a carb pad (so I don't have to modify the carb or buy a bonnet. Carb pads are rare, so I might have to fab one.

Shaolin Crane 01-18-2011 12:38 AM

I have a powerstroke turbo if you want it, needs a rebuild though.

enkeivette 02-14-2011 04:46 PM

L48 breathed fire after sitting for 6 years (literally, timing was way retarded how I had the dist in there at first and I had some craaazy backfires), took some coercion but runs like a champ in the boat! Just like it did when it took me to school everyday. Haha. How funny.

I don't think I'm going to boost this boat. I think I want to reupholster is myself this summer when I have time, sell it and buy a longer one with an open bow in the future, when I move and hopefully have room for it. It sucks only being able to take 5 people.