Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Project Cars (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   The Solution... (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11412)

enkeivette 01-16-2010 12:29 PM

Civil assesment means you were late, and for every 30 days or so that you go past your arraignment date they will stick it up your ass a little further. Those you can't get around.

If you think you can hire a lawyer for any less than $450 to make this go away, think again.

You may have a fighting chance to appeal the "pollution device" offense and win if you post the exact vehicle code violation so that I can see what it is.

BlacknBoostn 01-16-2010 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 42783)
Civil assesment means you were late, and for every 30 days or so that you go past your arraignment date they will stick it up your ass a little further. Those you can't get around.

If you think you can hire a lawyer for any less than $450 to make this go away, think again.

You may have a fighting chance to appeal the "pollution device" offense and win if you post the exact vehicle code violation so that I can see what it is.

Whoa ok so even tho I made every court appearance, needed to request an extension (granted) in order to fix this and that etc to get it to pass I get fined?? Wow. I'm disgusted. For real. That's f*cking ridiculous.

BlacknBoostn 01-16-2010 04:46 PM

I'll post the violation in a while, thanks Enkei

enkeivette 01-16-2010 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn (Post 42796)
Whoa ok so even tho I made every court appearance, needed to request an extension (granted) in order to fix this and that etc to get it to pass I get fined?? Wow. I'm disgusted. For real. That's f*cking ridiculous.

No, if you were granted an extension you should not have to pay a late fee. Appeal that too. Provide paperwork of the previous arraignment where they granted you an extension.

BlacknBoostn 01-16-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 42799)
No, if you were granted an extension you should not have to pay a late fee. Appeal that too. Provide paperwork of the previous arraignment where they granted you an extension.

Hmm what paperwork? All I have is the stupid little slip of paper that says the next date

enkeivette 01-17-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn (Post 42803)
Hmm what paperwork? All I have is the stupid little slip of paper that says the next date

That would be the paperwork.

BlacknBoostn 01-18-2010 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 42828)
That would be the paperwork.

http://arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/de...o/D-265-22.pdf

ok good to know, i didn't toss any of that. I'll be going back asap to deal with this shit. what do you think about that document enkei? I dug that up before my first ref appt but cause i didn't have an actual sticker, he didn't care.

ugh i'll post the violation today for sure.

BlacknBoostn 01-18-2010 11:36 AM

ok enkei, case no. is ORE12938 (just in case it helps), the violation number for the "pollution device" is 27156(b) VC

The exhaust one (which i'm not worried about lol) is 27150(a) VC

enkeivette 01-18-2010 03:58 PM

27156(b) Smog Device, vehicle not equipped with device when required, or device has been disconnected or modified.

First of all, a muffler has nothing to do with smog. Although a judge may not understand this. So, if I were you I'd take the car to Dodge and have the service dept. write you something saying that your exhaust is entirely stock and properly functioning. Then show that to the judge, along with pictures comparing your pipes to those on another stock SRT.

Now that you've passed the sound test ditch that Neon muffler and put the stock or better back on. And next time you drive by a cop be light on the throttle.

Dress up and address the judge only as your honor. Make eye contact and never interrupt him. Allow him to interrupt you. Assert your position logically and calmly, practice before you go in.

BlacknBoostn 01-18-2010 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 42915)
27156(b) Smog Device, vehicle not equipped with device when required, or device has been disconnected or modified.

First of all, a muffler has nothing to do with smog. Although a judge may not understand this. So, if I were you I'd take the car to Dodge and have the service dept. write you something saying that your exhaust is entirely stock and properly functioning. Then show that to the judge, along with pictures comparing your pipes to those on another stock SRT.

Now that you've passed the sound test ditch that Neon muffler and put the stock or better back on. And next time you drive by a cop be light on the throttle.

Dress up and address the judge only as your honor. Make eye contact and never interrupt him. Allow him to interrupt you. Assert your position logically and calmly, practice before you go in.

Hmmm, yeah but the exhaust thing is fine and dandy. he's charging me 25 bucks for that violation. the problem was my intake... the mopar CAI didn't originally come with a CARB sticker, but it does now. I haven't been able to get ahold of that. Thats the actual violation thats causing the issue. Cop wrote me up and sent me to the ref for an intake. So, logically, I don't care about the exhaust crap at this point, it's not costing me anything than annoyance. the "smog device" crap is the bigger deal...

I was being EXTREMELY light on the throttle. I always am around a cop. The cop still told me my car sounded a damn truck. I'm not about to come charging off the line with that particular setup within ear shot of ANY cop lol. Why does everyone seem to think that I run around at WOT all the time lol? It's because i have a 4 cylinder isn't it... :rolling:

Thanks for ur help Enkei!!! lmk about that intake issue... did you check out that PDF???