Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Engines, Transimissions, Suspension, etc. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Truck debate. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15465)

Chuck 04-20-2010 07:15 PM

:p
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 49821)
Awesome! The blue oval is kicking A$$ and taking names right now! I like this. Those King Ranches are loaded trucks and nice as hell.

2008 6.4L Power Stroke:poo: 350@3,000 (hp) & 650@2,000 (ft/lb)

Oh Yeah!:barf:

Okay I fixed it.:p

BADDASSC6 04-20-2010 07:59 PM

Seriously, it's like you can buy any 2008 for less than $35k. I get the vette back this week. I will be posting my truck for sale on E-bay after that and buying a new truck.

-The Fords have a MUCH better interior than any other truck, but I have heard from several people about the 6.4 having issues. Seriously, it has a better interior than my buddies E350 or his 996TT.

-The Dodge's have the Cumming's and they just look mean. I haven't heard any issues with them at all. I haven't been happy with the reliability of my 1500. It's a 2003 and I already had to replace the transmission Valve body, water pump, power steering pump, O2 sensors, shocks, 1 key fob, the driver seat motor, and finally 1 power window switch. Also my Dash is starting to crack:bang:. I would hate to buy a truck with a 1000000 mile drive train and I am dying to get rid of it at the 100k point because the interior is fucked.

-The Duramax will probably get my vote. I'm going to try to whore myself to Chevrolet dealers for some sponsorship money for racing. Also have the lowest ownership cost. I have been happy with the reliability of the vette:lmfao:. I rape it like a 14 year old girl at the Puerto Rican Day Parade, but at 33K I have gone through:
8 sets of tires
too many brake pads to count
6 sets of rotors
1 driver seat back
1 clutch slave cylinder
3 sets of rims
1 top end motor upgrade
1 complete new motor
2 cat back exhaust
1 tire pressure monitor failure
everything in the suspension except the A arms, bushings and rear sway bar.
1 front fender

The reality was that I was solid in 2nd place last year until the mechanical failures took me out last year.

Vettezuki 04-20-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 49954)
. . .

-The Dodge's have the Cumming's and they just look mean. I haven't heard any issues with them at all.

It's what me mum has. There are no issues with them as they're basically an industrial application engine. Note however, they are LOUD, and I don't mean in a pretty way unless you like the sound of a big rig. Duramax is probably the best overall choice and like you said, maybe some sponsorship options. :huh:

enkeivette 04-20-2010 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 49954)
I rape it like a 14 year old girl at the Puerto Rican Day Parade

This is where any good moderator would step in and remove an extraordinarily offensive post. Yes, that's what a good moderator would do.

Leedom 04-20-2010 10:36 PM

Honestly, you could not go wrong with any of them. Style wise I think Ford is the best. Suspension = Ford. Engine probably Chevy, Tranny = Chevy. The only one I would not want is a Dodge personally, not sure I could bring myself to buy a Chevy though.

enkeivette 04-20-2010 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 49964)
Honestly, you could not go wrong with any of them. Style wise I think Ford is the best. Suspension = Ford. Engine probably Chevy, Tranny = Chevy. The only one I would not want is a Dodge personally, not sure I could bring myself to buy a Chevy though.

When you see a bare SBF next to a bare SBC, you'll lose some of your prejudice, like I did.

Vettezuki 04-20-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 49961)
This is where any good moderator would step in and remove an extraordinarily offensive post. Yes, that's what a good moderator would do.

We don't really do anything well. We just "do"

enkeivette 04-21-2010 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 49971)
We don't really do anything well. We just "do"

We're going to paint the snake this summer Ben. I can feel it.

Vettezuki 04-21-2010 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 49979)
We're going to paint the snake this summer Ben. I can feel it.

Hopefully we get a little further than that. It's all about the scrilla.

enkeivette 04-21-2010 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 49980)
Hopefully we get a little further than that. It's all about the scrilla.

What's up with the blower? Same story?