Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I need everyone's opinion :) (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56133)

nordy racer 02-13-2014 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mustangray (Post 126722)
no matter what you decide on just be aware that used performance cars for the most part have been beat on at least a little so keep your eyes open when looking them over now that being said my minor opinion is
Camaro is a no go to many blind spots very uncomfortable (for me)
Cobra is great I love them but again it's old with miles and the prices have been going up lately
'12 GT I'd stay away from there some engine and tranny issues
'13 GT is probably the best Mustang I've driven prices are good right now just make sure to look for a Track Pack car
now that's just my humble opinion I'm sure there are a lot more out there so good luck and can't wait to see what ever you pick

I have not motor or trans problems with my 12 GT.. the only trans problem was with the sticks in 2011. the Autos are amazing..

mustangray 02-13-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordy racer (Post 126925)
I have not motor or trans problems with my 12 GT.. the only trans problem was with the sticks in 2011. the Autos are amazing..

true the Auto trans is actually pretty good they were having some issues on the MT-82 and the motor issues usually popped up with aftermarket tunes
Ford did some changes on the '13-'14 engines from lessons they learned from the Boss 302's .
So I never recommend buying a used '11-'12 GT since you really never no what kind of tune or abuse it might of gone through, the '13-'14s will put up with a lot more due to the internal changes

nordy racer 02-13-2014 04:27 PM

you would be surprised that the tune problem was because the person tuning didn't know what they were doing and was leaning the cars out to much and that's why #8 pops.. I have had a tune on my car since 300 miles and it now has 26,000 miles and over 150 1/4 slips.. yes I would try and stay away from the stick cars due to being made in China but other then that 2011 and 12's are great cars..

oh and the only chance from 12's to 13's are oil squatters and a new undated tune to pick up that extra 8 HP..

mustangray 02-13-2014 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordy racer (Post 126932)
you would be surprised that the tune problem was because the person tuning didn't know what they were doing and was leaning the cars out to much and that's why #8 pops.. I have had a tune on my car since 300 miles and it now has 26,000 miles and over 150 1/4 slips.. yes I would try and stay away from the stick cars due to being made in China but other then that 2011 and 12's are great cars..

oh and the only chance from 12's to 13's are oil squatters and a new undated tune to pick up that extra 8 HP..

yes I agree with you on the tunes some of them were just wrong and they were the main reason for the piston failures (and not covered by warranty) but since you never know what was done on a used car I would stay away from one that you don't know what its history was.
as for the engine changes on the newer engines they also changed pistons, rings , piston coating and valves all done to help withstand heat better and the Track Pack cars ran heavier oil with the oil cooler bigger radiator and the boss 302 emissions set up (which is different)
Now if you bought one brand new and have a good tune then great they are a fantastic car for the money but like I said before I just wouldn't recommend buying one used :thumbs_up:

enkeivette 02-13-2014 10:13 PM

While I love those Cobras, they are now a decade old and I dont think they handle the boost in OD.

Id drive the new GT and the new SS, see which one you like better.

enkeivette 02-13-2014 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 126735)
I almost bought a V6 before I bought the truck.

I think that V6 would make a good rail motor. And Ill bet they will be cheap and unwanted in a few years.

BADDASSC6 02-14-2014 07:32 AM

Hard to believe, but I personally witnessed a 2013 v6 pull the fuck out of a Nismo 370z. Not bad cars. Here is an idea:

ghost what is the primary use of the car(other than DD) road racing/ autocross/ drag racing.......

GHOST 02-14-2014 09:40 AM

Road racing mostly and it has to be a v8 no matter what car.

GHOST 02-14-2014 11:37 AM

LOL now my wife is telling me I should just get another GTO, what a pain

Shaolin Crane 02-14-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 126938)
I think that V6 would make a good rail motor. And Ill bet they will be cheap and unwanted in a few years.

They're not all that expensive now, few dudes on c-c have already done the swap in their foxes with them. Complete running set with ECU went for 4k. Not too bad IMO