Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Project Cars (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Dropping T56 from C3 RnR Time? (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83)

Vettezuki 12-25-2007 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette
True true. Someone might have dropped it, causing a hairline fracture. Or it might have been in an accident. This trans was probably moved around a lot, from the junkyard, to the speedshop.

I'm free tomorrow during the day, and Wednesday all day and night. I'm leaving for Big Bear this Friday, but after Xmas I should have loads of free time.

Great. How's today (12/26)?

enkeivette 01-02-2008 12:00 PM

What's up with the trans G money? Rebuilt yet? :huh:

Vettezuki 01-02-2008 12:07 PM

Quote:

What's up with the trans G money? Rebuilt yet? :huh:

The internals looked okay. The shop says probably by Friday. Soo ah, how's your friday :)

PS Got my DS from O.C. Driveline today. They did very nice work at a fair price. It's a new shaft with new Gucci Spicer joints, cleaned up yoke and balanced of course: $230.

enkeivette 01-02-2008 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki
The internals looked okay. The shop says probably by Friday. Soo ah, how's your friday :)

PS Got my DS from O.C. Driveline today. They did very nice work at a fair price. It's a new shaft with new Gucci Spicer joints, cleaned up yoke and balanced of course: $230.

$230

Vettezuki 01-02-2008 08:30 PM

Quote:

$230

HA! I should do an actual price breakdown and analysis of how much my conversion cost if you think that's anything. :laugh: :sadbanana:

enkeivette 01-13-2008 03:20 PM

Buy those blades yet?

Vettezuki 01-13-2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Buy those blades yet?

Que es "blades"?

I did get the metal spherical joints and solid pinion mount. I got both TAs off and the spindle apart from one of them, oh so much fun. Honestly, the play was from the spindle nut, just had to tighten it down, but I figure, this is a good learning project from the more advanced DIY realm so I'm going for it.

enkeivette 01-14-2008 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki
Que es "blades"?

I did get the metal spherical joints and solid pinion mount. I got both TAs off and the spindle apart from one of them, oh so much fun. Honestly, the play was from the spindle nut, just had to tighten it down, but I figure, this is a good learning project from the more advanced DIY realm so I'm going for it.

Blades to cut that TA bolt. How did you get it out?

Vettezuki 01-14-2008 01:19 AM

Quote:

Blades to cut that TA bolt. How did you get it out?

Oh, those blades. :laugh: Yeah, I cut it out. It was a lot of fun.