Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Import (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Most iconic Japanese car? (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12022)

enkeivette 01-13-2010 12:07 PM

Skyline R-34, no more hype about any Jap car ever. The Supra was sexier IMO, but in any Jap racing video, the Supra always bows down to the Skyline in the end.

BADDASSC6 01-13-2010 04:43 PM

In order:
Skyline
Z cars
Supra
Rotary

Hondas never really mattered.:(

SeanPlunk 01-13-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 42476)
In order:
Skyline
Z cars
Supra
Rotary

Hondas never really mattered.:(

LOL, Honda's are really well made cars. My family has owned many of them and never had a lemon. Having said that, to me their current lineup is uninspired at best. And don't even get me started on Acura's designs - I can't figure out what the hell they're doing.

I still love me some S2000 though :drool2:

big2bird 01-13-2010 10:30 PM

Icon implies infamous. I am 55, and remember the impact the Z car had in the so cal scene in the 70s. The rotary caused quite the stir, then fizzled. Honda was thought of like Hyndai is today.
Untill I read this thread, I never even heard of a Syline, so icon it's not.

SeanPlunk 01-13-2010 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 42507)
Icon implies infamous. I am 55, and remember the impact the Z car had in the so cal scene in the 70s. The rotary caused quite the stir, then fizzled. Honda was thought of like Hyndai is today.

Your point is very valid - the first Skyline we have seen in the states is the current one :huh:

The Z's have been around for a very long time.

BRUTAL64 01-14-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

So true. The first jap car I ever rode in was a 69 Toyota. The VW beetle was better thought of than the Toyota back then. I remember hearing back then that Honda was going to make cars. My thoughts were "That'll be a piece of crap.":smack:

enkeivette 01-14-2010 12:27 PM

Quote:

Datsun Z with a rotary?

BADDASSC6 01-14-2010 04:05 PM

Sean,
Just because you had hondas doesn't mean that they matter or anybody cares.:( THey are still open deck shit boxes. S2000 suck too. They pretty much stripped the SRT-4s crown for off throttle spins into walls.
CNJ

Vettezuki 01-14-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 42566)
. . . S2000 suck too. They pretty much stripped the SRT-4s crown for off throttle spins into walls.

Why that dynamic? I know why the old 911s used to go ass end into everything, but the S2000? Snap over steer? Never heard that before.

Throttle Crazy 01-14-2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 42551)
Datsun Z with a rotary?

I think he was stating that the Mazda rotory came in and fizzled out, but the z car remained popular.