Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What'cha Listen'n to Now? (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191)

Vettezuki 04-12-2008 03:05 AM

No Doubt - It's My Life

One of the few remakes that's possibly better than the original. The video is rad.

Vettezuki 04-14-2008 01:25 AM

Cositas Buenas - Paco de Lucia

Vettezuki 04-16-2008 11:44 PM

I'm gett'n kinda lonely in here, but fu*k it.

"The Chauffer" - Duran Duran

Rio is the first album I ever bought. I payed for it by mowing a lawn. I think it was like $7 (what I was paid for mowing the lawn) for a cassette in 1984+-. I remember getting a lesson from my friend's dad on negotiating. I shouldn't have just agreed to pay the asking price (because the seller, one of his sons, new what I had), should have offered $5. It's funny how these little things stick with you and can make serious differences over time.

Anyway, "The Chauffer" is one of my favorite songs from Duran Duran. Heck, the lyrics are even car related. Give it a listen some time.

gunfish 04-17-2008 08:33 AM

Billie Joe Shaver - Slim Chance and The Can't Hardly Playboys

BRUTAL64 04-17-2008 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 1710)
I'm gett'n kinda lonely in here, but fu*k it.

"The Chauffer" - Duran Duran

Rio is the first album I ever bought. I payed for it by mowing a lawn. I think it was like $7 (what I was paid for mowing the lawn) for a cassette in 1984+-. I remember getting a lesson from my friend's dad on negotiating. I shouldn't have just agreed to pay the asking price (because the seller, one of his sons, new what I had), should have offered $5. It's funny how these little things stick with you and can make serious differences over time.

Anyway, "The Chauffer" is one of my favorite songs from Duran Duran. Heck, the lyrics are even car related. Give it a listen some time.

I went to a Duran Duran release party for Rio. OK, "maybe" it was Rio, it was in 1981 or maybe 82. Ok, I'm not sure -but it was Duran Duran and it was an Album release party in the early 80's. The 80's is such a BLURR for me.:confused:

Yea, and it was in Hollywood at the Palace.

Vettezuki 04-19-2008 01:47 AM

I just started a Rhapsody subscription. Currently I'm reliving my early music memories and discovering some new stuff. I always wanted to listen to more Kraftwerk and now I'm doing it. It's a bit different than I imagined, and frankly a bit better. I'm now listening to:

Sex Object - Kraftwerk

Vettezuki 04-19-2008 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenn64vette (Post 1712)
I went to a Duran Duran release party for Rio. OK, "maybe" it was Rio, it was in 1981 or maybe 82. Ok, I'm not sure -but it was Duran Duran and it was an Album release party in the early 80's. The 80's is such a BLURR for me.:confused:

Yea, and it was in Hollywood at the Palace.

You know, I've never been to the Palace. Rumor has it that it's but merely a former shadow of itself (i.e., it kinda sucks now).

BRUTAL64 04-19-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 1772)
You know, I've never been to the Palace. Rumor has it that it's but merely a former shadow of itself (i.e., it kinda sucks now).

Haven't been there since. I did hear the same thing years ago.:(

Vettezuki 04-22-2008 11:05 PM

"Diary of a Madman" - Ozzy

Randy Rhoads
was one of the great guitar players of Rock history.

vonage6591 04-26-2008 12:31 AM

Your love - The Outfield