Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Body Work, Paint, Detailing & Fabrication (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Widen Rims? (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11664)

enkeivette 01-15-2010 12:24 AM

I talked to Gary already before I installed the blower. He says the weak links are the side yokes, the ring gear bolts? and the posi clutches. I guess I could take it apart and just upgrade all of that stuff and see if it holds. Before I dump 3.5K into a 12 bolt.

big2bird 01-15-2010 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 42628)
I talked to Gary already before I installed the blower. He says the weak links are the side yokes, the ring gear bolts? and the posi clutches. I guess I could take it apart and just upgrade all of that stuff and see if it holds. Before I dump 3.5K into a 12 bolt.

I wouldn't bother till it grenades, but if I were you, I'd install safety yokes, so that when it goes, you don't have a half shaft up your ass.:D
Before you spend any more $$ on upgrades, I would install an SFI bell housing, flywheel, and saftey yokes. :thumbs_up:
Right now, your tires are the "saftey valve." Hook them up hard, and it will become somewhere else.;)

enkeivette 01-15-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 42638)
I wouldn't bother till it grenades, but if I were you, I'd install safety yokes, so that when it goes, you don't have a half shaft up your ass.:D
Before you spend any more $$ on upgrades, I would install an SFI bell housing, flywheel, and saftey yokes. :thumbs_up:
Right now, your tires are the "saftey valve." Hook them up hard, and it will become somewhere else.;)

I asked this question on VM with no response. Who makes a safety bellhousing for the T56? And will it fit in my tunnel? I'll answer the 2nd question for you. No.

BRUTAL64 01-15-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 42688)
I asked this question on VM with no response. Who makes a safety bellhousing for the T56? And will it fit in my tunnel? I'll answer the 2nd question for you. No.

Call McLeod they are local. They do safety bellhousings.:drink:

enkeivette 01-16-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 42721)
Call McLeod they are local. They do safety bellhousings.:drink:

Nothing is going to fit in my tunnel. And Mc Leod would want too much money.

Vettezuki 01-16-2010 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 42780)

ATI Makes one for a lot less. As for fitment I don't know, good question. As for cost, how much are your feet worth?

ATI SFI Bellhousing

enkeivette 01-16-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 42784)
ATI Makes one for a lot less. As for fitment I don't know, good question. As for cost, how much are your feet worth?

ATI SFI Bellhousing

That's not going to bolt up to a T56. This is the problem I keep posting to everyone. That looks like it's for a SB to a 4 speed.

BRUTAL64 01-16-2010 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 42780)

You didn't say anything about cost.:boggled:

enkeivette 01-16-2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 42795)
You didn't say anything about cost.:boggled:

OK, but does Mc Leod even make a bellhousing for the T56?

big2bird 01-16-2010 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 42798)
OK, but does Mc Leod even make a bellhousing for the T56?

Someboday asked about this on VM awhile back, and Marck had the answer. I can't find it now.:uh: