Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Derailers Anonymous (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34166)

joedls 11-20-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 123790)
You're a sick fuck! :lmfao:

No, I didn't spar with him. I'd rather not have my brains rattled, thank you. Plus, he was preparing for a fight and I'm sure didn't want to spar with someone of my limited experience.

I'll leave all that "shit kicking" to you younger guys. I'm too old for that. I went 3 rounds with my trainer the other night and that just about killed me.

Here's a pic of what he did to Joey Beltran on Friday. Exactly why I wouldn't spar with him. He's a beast and has knocked out his sparring partners even though he doesn't mean to.

fiveohwblow 11-20-2013 02:59 PM

Looks normal

Shaolin Crane 11-24-2013 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 123971)
You included Jackie Chan but omitted Bruce Lee. :picard:

And you don't spar with a pro boxer like that. They're not martial artists. They are martial artists plus a freight train. You don't play with someone like that, you get clipped and get brain damage.

Bruce Lee is dead, the others listed are not.

Shaolin Crane 11-24-2013 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 124135)
Here's a pic of what he did to Joey Beltran on Friday. Exactly why I wouldn't spar with him. He's a beast and has knocked out his sparring partners even though he doesn't mean to.

Does not influence my desire to spar, I have been knocked out, many a times, expecting it not to happen is stupid.

Vettezuki 11-24-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 124285)
Does not influence my desire to spar, I have been knocked out, many a times, expecting it not to happen is stupid.

As long as I don't have to pay for your Depends when your brain gets scrambled beyond repair, knock yourself out. :jester: (See what I did there?)

joedls 11-24-2013 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 124285)

I guess this is where we are different. You sound as if getting knocked out is something to be desired, a badge of honor. I think staying healthy is more important than feeding my ego. You say expecting to not get knocked out is stupid. I think doing something when you know it's highly likely you'll get knocked out, just for "fun", is stupid. Would I fight him if he were threatening me or my loved ones? Absolutely. Without hesitation. But for "fun". Not a chance.

Shaolin Crane 11-24-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 124289)
I guess this is where we are different. You sound as if getting knocked out is something to be desired, a badge of honor. I think staying healthy is more important than feeding my ego. You say expecting to not get knocked out is stupid. I think doing something when you know it's highly likely you'll get knocked out, just for "fun", is stupid. Would I fight him if he were threatening me or my loved ones? Absolutely. Without hesitation. But for "fun". Not a chance.

No, i'm saying that every time I put on gloves and fight, I expect the worst, I could get knocked out, I could die, break something etc. Remember this is also my job, so I have a different feeling going in. Do I want to get hurt? No, is it the end of the world if I do? No.

fiveohwblow 11-25-2013 03:47 PM

I'll hurt anyone IRL

joedls 11-26-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 124300)
No, i'm saying that every time I put on gloves and fight, I expect the worst, I could get knocked out, I could die, break something etc. Remember this is also my job, so I have a different feeling going in. Do I want to get hurt? No, is it the end of the world if I do? No.

OK. So, if I'm understanding you ( which is entirely possible that I'm not, because I'm not the brightest guy), you're telling me that you expect to get knocked out or possibly die when you spar and you do that for fun? Yeah, OK. But not me.

And I never said that getting hurt is the end of the world. Just that I try to avoid getting hurt if possible. And I sure don't go looking to get hurt for fun.

joedls 11-28-2013 04:23 AM