Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   RX-Snake (Project Car) (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   RX-Snake: Body, Paint, Name, Logos (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1053)

enkeivette 04-07-2009 09:01 PM

BTW, you might want to try a pressure washer to remove all of that rubber coating. Get up close with it and I'll bet you could blast it off.

big2bird 04-07-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 19926)
Posted on the autobody forums about this. I really think you don't know what you're getting yourself into if you expect to sand the whole interior.

I would consider the following alternatives:
Lizard skin
Splatter paint/trunk paint
Satin black wrinkle paint
Battleship Gray enamel
Spray on Bedliner material

big2bird 04-07-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 18474)

I vote for lexan/ open/ or a net. It'll save time, weight, cost, and you can sell that top on e-bay for prob a decent amount.

After thinking about this, I would vote to weld it in, or lexan. The weight savings would be far negated by the loss of aerodynamics.

Vettezuki 04-07-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 19927)
BTW, you might want to try a pressure washer to remove all of that rubber coating. Get up close with it and I'll bet you could blast it off.

The rubberized coating is gone. What do you think I am, some kind of flake? ;)

Vettezuki 04-07-2009 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 19930)
After thinking about this, I would vote to weld it in, or lexan. The weight savings would be far negated by the loss of aerodynamics.

Probably Lexan, or possibly bare carbon fiber as I think I'm going to begin exploring that material.

Leedom 04-08-2009 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 19928)
Spray on Bedliner material

Exactly what I was thinking. It is very durable, helps to keep heat and sound out and in my mind fairly inexpensive. :thumbs_up:

Vettezuki 04-08-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 19956)
Exactly what I was thinking. It is very durable, helps to keep heat and sound out and in my mind fairly inexpensive. :thumbs_up:

No spray in bedliner. You're going to be assaulted by heat, sound, vibration, and generalized violence.

Vettezuki 04-12-2009 01:26 AM

My brother and I worked again no Friday for a while on the front bumper and still more stripping and cleaning. We also shaved the rear bumper a bit more and began thinking about some shaping. I'm pretty sure I'm going to cut out a relief for a diffuser. I also cleaned the old 13B and 5 Spd. more. It's almost presentable. I kinda want to keep it and use it in some other future weirdo death cart, but storage is an issue and some cash would be nice. Anywho, here's the time lapse

This was using an actual quite high quality camera as opposed to futzing with video. Eventually I'll get the process dialed in to be fast and cool looking.

enkeivette 04-12-2009 02:22 AM

Bumper looks cool, I was thinking we'd cut off those lower quarter fenders and flare it out. Have you guys decided against that?

Vettezuki 04-12-2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 20230)
Bumper looks cool, I was thinking we'd cut off those lower quarter fenders and flare it out. Have you guys decided against that?

Yes. We'll follow the stock line there. It's actually a good flow. The part when complete will in fact be a true bolt on.