Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Derailers Anonymous (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34166)

Shaolin Crane 08-22-2013 12:16 AM

Since I can't lift i've been doing legs and I am happy to say I finally did one plate on squats. For those that know about my previous knee injury know how much of an accomplishment that is. And i'm talking a full squat, hamstrings touching my calves, elbows past the knees, ass to the grass. Happy.

Vettezuki 08-22-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 120092)
Since I can't lift i've been doing legs and I am happy to say I finally did one plate on squats. For those that know about my previous knee injury know how much of an accomplishment that is. And i'm talking a full squat, hamstrings touching my calves, elbows past the knees, ass to the grass. Happy.

I thought the full squat puts entirely unnecessary strain on the knee?

Shaolin Crane 08-22-2013 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 120095)
I thought the full squat puts entirely unnecessary strain on the knee?

Yup. Every leg exercise puts unnecessary strain on the knee, retractions, extensions, save for adduction movements. All bad for the knee, but I have been doing a crazy amount of straight leg work to allow my legs the strength to do squats without my knees being torn apart. However, it's needed since I can't do much else, and I need to up my strength on shooting and other take downs.

Vettezuki 08-22-2013 02:21 AM

My point is relative to say just short of a half squat. The motion still gives the muscle stress, but doesn't put anywhere near the same strain across the knee as a full squat.

Shaolin Crane 08-22-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 120100)
My point is relative to say just short of a half squat. The motion still gives the muscle stress, but doesn't put anywhere near the same strain across the knee as a full squat.

And doesn't build the muscle properly.

enkeivette 08-23-2013 08:09 AM

Full range of motion is best to build the muscle, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to save your joints.

Shaolin Crane 08-23-2013 09:38 AM

I'm at the point now where I need to go full range to build them better then they are now. They've actually pretty good, just gotta focus on my form while running.

Shaolin Crane 08-23-2013 01:13 PM

Ford, Y U KNO Sell Her

enkeivette 08-23-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 120228)
Ford, Y U KNO Sell Her

You want a G8 rip off? Why not just buy a G8?

Shaolin Crane 08-23-2013 07:48 PM

AWD electronic 6sp supercharged 5.0. Sorry, nothing like a G8, more like M5 but better. you couldn't pay me to drive a pontiac anything.