Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Derailers Anonymous (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34166)

enkeivette 07-31-2013 10:05 AM

Ya huh, SBF HB's are built the same as SBC HB's. Sort of like the rest of the engine

Shaolin Crane 07-31-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 118878)
Ya huh, SBF HB's are built the same as SBC HB's. Sort of like the rest of the engine

We've been down this road before, the LS is more similar to a SBF than a SBC is. A ford balancer has the weights on the inner portion of the balancer. So removing the weight at the elastomter would still have the weight in the same sport.

enkeivette 08-01-2013 09:51 AM

Its a chunk of steel, it is a big weight. Removing the ring gets rid of the outer weight, SBF or SBC.

Moreover, the point of a harmonic dampener is to have weight past the isolating rubber. To absorb. Therefore it must have weight past the rubber ring.

enkeivette 08-01-2013 09:54 AM

Gonna fab up some brackets to set my Vette up for flat towing. My gf bought me a tow bar. How fucking amazing is that? I found a girl that buys me car parts... sold :judge:

enkeivette 08-01-2013 10:10 AM

If I didn't argue with Guy on a daily basis my brain would go soft.

enkeivette 08-01-2013 10:11 AM

Dear Bruno Mars:

. Shut the fuck up.

Sincerely,

Me

Shaolin Crane 08-01-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 118951)
Its a chunk of steel, it is a big weight. Removing the ring gets rid of the outer weight, SBF or SBC.

Moreover, the point of a harmonic dampener is to have weight past the isolating rubber. To absorb. Therefore it must have weight past the rubber ring.

OK so it turns it into a non harmonic balancer. There still weight towards the center portion of the weigh under the isolator. So it still wouldn't be a neutral balance, look close and see. I could remove it and it would still be off balance

enkeivette 08-01-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 118960)
OK so it turns it into a non harmonic balancer. There still weight towards the center portion of the weigh under the isolator. So it still wouldn't be a neutral balance, look close and see. I could remove it and it would still be off balance

Nah, outer ring isnt balanced to counter the inner ring. Especially not on a neutral balanced HB

enkeivette 08-01-2013 11:44 AM

I wonder if running kills brain cells. I dont even feel this out of it when Im drunk

Shaolin Crane 08-01-2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 118961)
Nah, outer ring isnt balanced to counter the inner ring. Especially not on a neutral balanced HB

Are you drunk? You said all I had to do was remove the outer weight and I'd have a neutral balance dampener. Can't do that because the counter weight is on the inside.