Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   RX-Snake (Project Car) (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   RX-Snake: Body, Paint, Name, Logos (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1053)

BRUTAL64 03-26-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 18801)
You'll get use to it if you keep it up. I pulled one of the heads on the Chevelle last night and while I was doing it I leaned my arm against the radiator support and noticed there was blood on it. I looked at my arm and it had a 1 inch scrape that was bleeding and I didn't even know it. You get us to the little one like that.

Yea, it almost funny how used you can get to getting cut. One time, I was working on an engine and walked across the shop, looked back and saw a blood tail behind me. I was leaking badly. Well, it was funny then.:rolleyes:

enkeivette 03-27-2009 12:32 AM

Ben, figured out what's cheaper than Bondo... drywall filler! Seriously. Also, Home Depot sells 16oz cans of foam for $4. Not sure what size cans we had, but they looked smaller than the 16ozers.

Vettezuki 03-27-2009 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 18841)
Ben, figured out what's cheaper than Bondo... drywall filler! Seriously. Also, Home Depot sells 16oz cans of foam for $4. Not sure what size cans we had, but they looked smaller than the 16ozers.

I actually have dry wall filler in my shed, though it may be dehydrated now. WTF, if it doesn't work we can always start over. All it has to do hold the shape stable while casting the mold. :huh: Worth a go.

enkeivette 03-27-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 18842)
I actually have dry wall filler in my shed, though it may be dehydrated now. WTF, if it doesn't work we can always start over. All it has to do hold the shape stable while casting the mold. :huh: Worth a go.

Splash some water in there and let it sit overnight.

SeanPlunk 03-28-2009 12:26 PM

It sucks I have that conference today and can't work on the snake :(

big2bird 03-28-2009 12:31 PM

Ben, I dropped off a box of misc. paint you guys might be able to use. Just keep the box, use it, give it away. I don't care.:drink:

Death Cult Aaronmageddon 03-30-2009 12:38 AM

Yo where's time lapse 3. :thumbs_up:

Vettezuki 03-30-2009 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Death Cult Aaronmageddon (Post 19017)
Yo where's time lapse 3. :thumbs_up:

Rendering as we write. I made a *real* time lapse from the hundreds of little videos which was about 100x more work. Gotta find a better way.

Vettezuki 03-30-2009 01:35 AM

Here tis. The music is not ideal, but something to give a pace.

The Day's activities:
I shaved the rear bumper and began stripping all the rubberized sound insulation in the cabin, as well as removing the harness from the engine bay. Aaron spent his time continuing with the pattern for the mold of the front bumper. At the end we foamed up the rear bumper again with insulating foam. We're sort of experimenting with two totally different methods.

Death Cult Aaronmageddon 03-30-2009 01:53 AM

Ben it's awesome. Not my favorite band for the music but I didn't have to spend the time making the video. Good work Ben.

As far as the two methods, we need to find someone to play the banjo while we do one of the methods. I'll bring my own soundtrack for the other. haha