Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Derailers Anonymous (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34166)

Vettezuki 11-28-2012 06:06 PM

The sellers want a removal of contingency on our $10k deposit if we can't close by the 26th. That's tight in this lending market, especially with the quirks of the property that make most lenders balk. Might have to tell the sellers to go pound sand. I'm not about to fork of $10k for nothing for things out of my control.

Shaolin Crane 11-28-2012 06:08 PM

Who's your realtor?

Vettezuki 11-28-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 107644)
Who's your realtor?

Gene Levesque

He's family. I can recommend him categorically as an absolute straight shooter and a "go getter." He's working with us as both our buying agent in this deal and will be listing for us shortly as well. The rates are all fixed as a function of sale price. He has his own lending contacts.

Additionally, my "money guy" is former family (divorced out) who has decades of experience and access/knowledge to a wide range of lenders, including ones who specialize in goofy shit like this.

enkeivette 11-28-2012 10:23 PM

"Rates are a fixed function of sales price" is a nice way to say Im not doing it cheap, but its uncomfortable to negotiate with family.

Vettezuki 11-28-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 107653)
"Rates are a fixed function of sales price" is a nice way to say Im not doing it cheap, but its uncomfortable to negotiate with family.

That's not a coherent sentence, but I'll bottom line it for you. I don't negotiate for other people, particularly on big ticket professional services.

AFIK, Guy is looking to buy. Seller pays commission. A buying agent works to get the price down and hopes to get your business in the future to get your sale price up.

Real Estate, probably more than most anything I can think of is a fixed percentage commission and it's not so much in your interest to even bother trying to break them down from 3% for a variety of reasons. Don't like it, don't buy or sell through an agent. Or get your own license and undercut the market, or buy from "sale by owner" on your own. I think Redfin has a slightly discounted rate. Maybe there are others.

enkeivette 11-28-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 107653)

Ya it is, your quote is a cop out is all Im saying. But it doesnt matter, I didnt understand, I thought you were talking about selling your house.

Quote, is a nice way to say:

Im not doing it cheap (for free or at a lower commission)
but
I dont want to say that to you directly (or negotiate price details with family)

Ya?

Vettezuki 11-28-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 107659)
Ya it is, your quote is a cop out is all Im saying. But it doesnt matter, I didnt understand, I thought you were talking about selling your house.

Quote, is a nice way to say:

Im not doing it cheap (for free or at a lower commission)
but
I dont want to say that to you directly (or negotiate price details with family)

Ya?

- I'm not doing anything, it's not my work.
- I thought "I don't negotiate for other people was pretty clear."

enkeivette 11-29-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 107662)
- I'm not doing anything, it's not my work.
- I thought "I don't negotiate for other people was pretty clear."

No no, I meant thats what he was implying, not you. It was a confusing post, Ill retract it. Ha

Shaolin Crane 11-29-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 107656)
AFIK, Guy is looking to buy. Seller pays commission. A buying agent works to get the price down and hopes to get your business in the future to get your sale price up.

Only moderately withing hopefully the next 2-3 years. Sooner if i'm employed by an agency. My question was only out of curiosity to ensure you weren't using a stranger. My grandpa is a very successful realtor investor as well as having some other family that are realtors. Blood and martial arts family.

Vettezuki 11-29-2012 11:18 PM

First time for me to see this.

Shaolin Crane 11-30-2012 03:03 PM

Always cool to see, but too bad it's fake.

Vettezuki 11-30-2012 04:16 PM

I know. But it's still awesome!

enkeivette 11-30-2012 06:46 PM

Mines bigger than yours.

94cobra69ss396 12-01-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 107794)
Mines bigger than yours.

What sub is that?

Shaolin Crane 12-01-2012 11:22 AM

I think its the MTX sledgehammer

enkeivette 12-01-2012 12:07 PM

Its a 26" sub that my Dad was working on, dont remember the co. Biggest size you can buy buy retail is usually 12," or in pro audio stores you can get a 15" or an 18."

Electrovoice used to sell a 30" mail order, but this one is unique because of the fat surround. The 30" had ribbon surround like most of the pro stuff... which is actually superior, but not as cool... haha

enkeivette 12-01-2012 12:20 PM

I want to get a vinyl sticker for my rear windshield that reads:

"TURN SIGNALS ARE NOTICE, NOT A REQUEST"
(PRETTY LOGO)
"YOU JUST CUT YOURSELF OFF"

Is it obvious what I mean by that? Its prob my biggest pet peeve when I signal and people speed up. It was so bad in downtown SD that I refused to signal.

And! If I do signal and someone intentionally speeds up, I turn anyways, fuck em.

Vettezuki 12-01-2012 01:45 PM

Simpler is better.

THEY'RE CALLED TURN SIGNALS
NOT TURN REQUESTERS.

Shaolin Crane 12-01-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 107805)
I want to get a vinyl sticker for my rear windshield that reads:

"TURN SIGNALS ARE NOTICE, NOT A REQUEST"
(PRETTY LOGO)
"YOU JUST CUT YOURSELF OFF"

Is it obvious what I mean by that? Its prob my biggest pet peeve when I signal and people speed up. It was so bad in downtown SD that I refused to signal.

And! If I do signal and someone intentionally speeds up, I turn anyways, fuck em.

It's always been my motto. Especially when driving the great white or the white elephant. It's a warning that i'm on my way over, if you're in my way you will be another piece of dirt in my tire tread.

I will mark tire, you will mark sheet metal.

Shaolin Crane 12-01-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 107803)
Its a 26" sub that my Dad was working on, dont remember the co. Biggest size you can buy buy retail is usually 12," or in pro audio stores you can get a 15" or an 18."

Electrovoice used to sell a 30" mail order, but this one is unique because of the fat surround. The 30" had ribbon surround like most of the pro stuff... which is actually superior, but not as cool... haha

15's are available retail no problem. The 18's are left to the pro audio stores.
However, this is technically a retail subwoofer, even if no one is dumb enough to buy one
http://shop.mtx.com/p/l_232/MTX_Audi...r/listing.html

Vettezuki 12-01-2012 05:08 PM

Some of these are hysterical.

19 People Who Are Having A Way Worse Day Than You

Vettezuki 12-01-2012 05:38 PM

Hey Guy, is it possible to convert that old fuel storage tank into a water storage tank, or once something is used for fuel, forget abuot using it for anything else? I'm pretty sure it was storing diesel and that was a very long time ago, I imagine most everything has evaporated, but I'm sure there is some residue. Just wondering if there might be some flushing procedure with enzymes to eat away the remaining petroleum product and make the tank fresh for other uses.

Vettezuki 12-01-2012 06:17 PM

Shaolin Crane 12-01-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 107818)
Hey Guy, is it possible to convert that old fuel storage tank into a water storage tank, or once something is used for fuel, forget abuot using it for anything else? I'm pretty sure it was storing diesel and that was a very long time ago, I imagine most everything has evaporated, but I'm sure there is some residue. Just wondering if there might be some flushing procedure with enzymes to eat away the remaining petroleum product and make the tank fresh for other uses.

Nope, even using active enzyme solvents will still contaminate anything you put in there. Once its had fuel, it stays that way.

enkeivette 12-02-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 107811)
15's are available retail no problem. The 18's are left to the pro audio stores.
However, this is technically a retail subwoofer, even if no one is dumb enough to buy one
http://shop.mtx.com/p/l_232/MTX_Audi...r/listing.html

That thing is crazy, Ill bet its one of the most inefficient subs ever made though. But then again, if you can afford it, you can afford a big enough amp for it too. And a 2 ohm 6.5" coil can prob take everything you can throw at it.

Some of these speakers are getting ridic. The 12 I used to have in my Vette had such a massive coil and so much travel that my Dad thought it would be cute to plug it straight into the wall... made a 60Hz resonance like you wouldnt believe.

But you havent really heard bass till youve heard a double 18" folded bass horn. I heard one with 2500 watts at his lab and the ceiling tiles started to fall down.

enkeivette 12-02-2012 09:45 AM

http://www.b-52pro.com/products/LX1818V3.html

Shaolin Crane 12-04-2012 08:50 AM

New gripe for today.
You fuckers at the gym who only use the weight bench. Your rest sets should be between 2-3 minutes. Not 7-12 fucking minutes, it should not take you an hour to do 4 sets of 6 reps on free weights. Its fucking ridiculous, especially when you're using the only decline bench in the place.

fiveohwblow 12-04-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 107919)
New gripe for today.
You fuckers at the gym who only use the weight bench. Your rest sets should be between 2-3 minutes. Not 7-12 fucking minutes, it should not take you an hour to do 4 sets of 6 reps on free weights. Its fucking ridiculous, especially when you're using the only decline bench in the place.

I. Hate. That.

Shaolin Crane 12-04-2012 10:27 AM

I wanted to fart in his face during his reps

Vettezuki 12-04-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 107919)
New gripe for today.

My rest is 45 seconds, period. And I let anyone work in who wants to as long as they keep moving. Machines should be in constant use.

Shaolin Crane 12-04-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 107927)
My rest is 45 seconds, period. And I let anyone work in who wants to as long as they keep moving. Machines should be in constant use.

2-3 minutes is perfectly appropriate, anything more and you're just wasting time.

Vettezuki 12-04-2012 12:57 PM

Depends on your goal. . I do things more related to endurance and anti-fatigue.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek11.htm

I did something like the superset circuit described at the bottom of this article when wrestling. They were brutal.

Shaolin Crane 12-04-2012 01:28 PM

If you're looking to gain, then the 2-3 minute rest while lifting is perfect. If you want anarobic and endurance IMO you shouldn't even be using weights, the body has plenty of it for that purpose. For endurance and fatigue response it's all body control workouts for me.

Vettezuki 12-04-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 107940)
If you're looking to gain, then the 2-3 minute rest while lifting is perfect. If you want anarobic and endurance IMO you shouldn't even be using weights, the body has plenty of it for that purpose. For endurance and fatigue response it's all body control workouts for me.

It bit lower weight, higher reps, builds lactic acid tolerance, common adjunct training for tri-athlons etc. But some of the more intense Pilates/Yoga hybrids are also great, but I can never get my schedule to line up with the GroupX.

The longer wait periods are more idealized for building actual strength as that's the period for your body rebuilding ATP.

Shaolin Crane 12-04-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 107955)
It bit lower weight, higher reps, builds lactic acid tolerance, common adjunct training for tri-athlons etc. But some of the more intense Pilates/Yoga hybrids are also great, but I can never get my schedule to line up with the GroupX.

The longer wait periods are more idealized for building actual strength as that's the period for your body rebuilding ATP.

GroupX blows. Like I said, for lactic acid tolerance and anarobic strength etc., I.E. overall endurance, no weights are required, Isometric, plyometric and body control is all you need. Use the weight of yourself.

94cobra69ss396 12-04-2012 05:14 PM

So now that you're all on the fitness thing how many have done a mud run? My wifes cousin (Steve) does them but he's only 25 and still in great shape. He's been asking Phil to do one with him and I think I want to do one too. Some of you know that I recently lost 30lbs. I started at 217 and am now down to 187.

Since then I started running to maintain my weight. At first I could only do 1.5 miles. I'm now doing 3 miles 4 to 5 days a week and it takes me about 23 minutes. I also walk a half mile home as a cool down. The mud runs Steve does are about 3 miles. I know I can run 3 miles but then there's the added obsticles that I'm not currently ready for.

Today on my walk home I stopped at a park and did 2 sets of what we used to call lines when I played basketball in high school. A line is a sprint that starts at the baseline. You run from the baseline to the free throw line, back to the baseline, then to the half court and back, then the other free throw line and back, then full court and back. It's roughly a 470ft sprint changing directions. I could only do two sets. I also did 10 pushups and 40 situps before, in between and after the two sets. I figure these will also help prepare me.

So for those who have done a mud run do you think these will help or should I do something different?

Shaolin Crane 12-04-2012 06:38 PM

I've never done a mud run, but we have done sand and water fighting so its pretty similar.

Anything that involve dynamic power exercises, weighted jumps, frog hops, monk hops, and typically anything that requires an "explosion" motion, jumping, switch knees, etc

Shaolin Crane 12-05-2012 10:00 AM

So I took my placement exam today for citrus, scored very well on my English placement, but I have a question when the fuck did they start including letters in math?

Vettezuki 12-05-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 107983)
So I took my placement exam today for citrus, scored very well on my English placement, but I have a question when the fuck did they start including letters in math?

As you probably saw it, since the early 800s or so. . . :huh:

Shaolin Crane 12-05-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 108010)
As you probably saw it, since the early 800s or so. . . :huh:

Being a caveman was never more instilled in my mind then today. Every time I saw a question like 3x +4y(3 x 1y-1) = ? I wanted to punch the monitor in the hopes of fucking up the computer and getting to go home.