Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What'cha Listen'n to Now? (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=191)

SeanPlunk 08-18-2009 11:34 PM

This is cool too, I particularly like the part at the 5 minute or so mark:

Vettezuki 08-27-2009 02:53 AM

SeanPlunk 08-27-2009 10:46 PM

New Pearl Jam - The Fixer

SeanPlunk 08-27-2009 10:47 PM

Doves - Break Me Gently

Doves - Winter Hill

Vettezuki 08-31-2009 01:20 AM

Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence

This is a pretty cool movie from the 80s, including David Bowie. The composer of this track is actually the young officer. The bald guy at the end is one of my favorite Japanese "personalities", commonly known as Beat Takeshi. The guy is a bit of a genius, having written many interesting movies himself, acting in them, and a painter.

He's also the creator of Takeshi Jo (Takeshi's Castle). Like Wipe Out? Well, this is the original from long ago and far away.

enkeivette 09-01-2009 09:27 AM

Property 2 lecture on statute of frauds.

Vettezuki 09-08-2009 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 31049)
Property 2 lecture on statute of frauds.

Property 1 was much better. The second album is always a difficult one.

Vettezuki 09-08-2009 12:59 AM

I was venturing out past the wire on Rhapsody and stumbled across these guys. Cool!

Check out this copy:

Calexico includes members of ragged country punks Giant Sand and OP8. Their music is the desolate sound of waking up alone in a deserted border town with only a pack mule and a half-empty bottle of Mezcal to keep you company. Lonely, desert-soaked ballads filled with Flamenco guitars and flashes of the best moments of Sergio Leone's Spaghetti westerns abound in Calexico's sound, while sublime hints of a distant mariachi band and the weeping notes of a pedal steel intertwine with the squeeze of an accordion. Joey Burns' hushed vocal will bring you to a dusty, heartbroken land of caballeros and bandidos. If Lee Marvin were still with us today, he'd be a Calexico fan.

- Eric Shea"

BRUTAL64 09-09-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 31563)
I was venturing out past the wire on Rhapsody and stumbled across these guys. Cool!

Calexico - Two Silver Trees

Check out this copy:

Calexico includes members of ragged country punks Giant Sand and OP8. Their music is the desolate sound of waking up alone in a deserted border town with only a pack mule and a half-empty bottle of Mezcal to keep you company. Lonely, desert-soaked ballads filled with Flamenco guitars and flashes of the best moments of Sergio Leone's Spaghetti westerns abound in Calexico's sound, while sublime hints of a distant mariachi band and the weeping notes of a pedal steel intertwine with the squeeze of an accordion. Joey Burns' hushed vocal will bring you to a dusty, heartbroken land of caballeros and bandidos. If Lee Marvin were still with us today, he'd be a Calexico fan.

- Eric Shea"

Yep, always been a Lee Marvin fan. :drink:

Well, maybe not Cat Ballou:leaving:

Vettezuki 09-17-2009 01:41 AM

Gloria - La Messe de Notre Dame - Machaut