Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   User Project Cars (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Reaching out to Motorgen (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4979)

SeanPlunk 06-29-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn (Post 25798)
kason23 has this same setup with the diablosport and made 388fwhp ;)

DAMN, in a 2900lb car that's going to move hard :surrender:

When are we going to work on your car? Leedom and I are considering BBQing at a park on Sunday and you guys are all invited if we do. I figure just a nice hang.

BlacknBoostn 06-29-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinaSRT-4 (Post 25844)
:dancenana: Damn! Who did the tune?

turbojon666 i think.. not sure. it's a wicked tune tho. beautiful car. I can't wait to get my setup :thumbs_up:

BlacknBoostn 06-29-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 25851)
DAMN, in a 2900lb car that's going to move hard :surrender:

When are we going to work on your car? Leedom and I are considering BBQing at a park on Sunday and you guys are all invited if we do. I figure just a nice hang.

yes it will most certainly move hard.. With Meth Inj. and 24lbs of boost it should easily knock a good amount of cars on their asses.

Sunday sounds nice... lm check with my lady and i'll let ya know :)

BlacknBoostn 07-04-2009 11:02 AM

#1 is done... TPS is good as new, thanks Joe!

BlacknBoostn 08-12-2009 03:04 PM

still wanting to tackle this stuff, an update is TOB fork and Clutch will be coming pretty soon... gotta get it done

enkeivette 08-12-2009 03:06 PM

Better fix that trans while it's out.

BlacknBoostn 08-15-2009 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 29420)
Better fix that trans while it's out.

the TOB fork is step one of that. If i could afford to fix the shift forks and third gear right away i would... actually if i could afford to by a new and improved transmission gearset thats what i would rather do. Anyone want to help me rip apart my spare to see whats usuable?

SeanPlunk 08-15-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn (Post 29600)
the TOB fork is step one of that. If i could afford to fix the shift forks and third gear right away i would... actually if i could afford to by a new and improved transmission gearset thats what i would rather do. Anyone want to help me rip apart my spare to see whats usuable?

I'm in Santa Barbara with the wife this weekend, but next weekend I think I'll be down in your area. What does your schedule look like?

enkeivette 08-16-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn (Post 29600)

I've never taken a trans apart, but I'm willing to bet it takes a ratchet and a socket, like eeeverything else. Have at it! It's not an automatic, it won't bite.

BlacknBoostn 08-17-2009 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 29668)
I've never taken a trans apart, but I'm willing to bet it takes a ratchet and a socket, like eeeverything else. Have at it! It's not an automatic, it won't bite.

I'm not incapable... i know what it takes but i dont have the tools to pull the gears apart... u always make it sound like im asking the stupidest questions lol... pulling the actual guts out (the gear assembly etc) is not difficult at all. Pulling the gear assembly apart is something i don't have the tools for... like a shop press.

BlacknBoostn 08-17-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 29630)
I'm in Santa Barbara with the wife this weekend, but next weekend I think I'll be down in your area. What does your schedule look like?

i'm not sure, it might be kinda busy. I might have to help my parents with some stuff that this weekend...

SeanPlunk 08-17-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn (Post 29716)
i'm not sure, it might be kinda busy. I might have to help my parents with some stuff that this weekend...

I totally understand. What about the 1st weekend in September?

94cobra69ss396 08-17-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 29668)

It takes more than just a socket and ratchet to take apart a trans. I've only taken apart my T56 and that was with the help of my brother and with the GM instructions in hand. I do remember that we needed a special tool to be able to remove part of it but I don't remember exactly what. I do remember that it wasn’t that difficult to do but only because Phil had done it many times and had all the tools we needed. I know that I do not have every tool we needed in my tool box.

BlacknBoostn 08-17-2009 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 29719)
I totally understand. What about the 1st weekend in September?

first weekend in september sounds like it might be a little better :thumbs_up: