Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Engines, Transimissions, Suspension, etc. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Drama - Cobra Pulleys (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435)

SeanPlunk 06-27-2008 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordfreak (Post 3708)
We should all give Sean a break... he will be running 13.4 at 120!! New personal best for Sean, but still slower than Brian. :D

Maybe so, but still a full second ahead of your personal best :thumbs_up:

Leedom 06-27-2008 12:15 PM

That it is. Can not wait to get a ride in the new and improved Cobra. Anyone got a extra blower lying around they might want me to slap on my car?

SeanPlunk 06-28-2008 12:18 PM

The subframe connectors make a HUGE difference. It really feels like a whole new car. It doesn't rattle at all and is much quieter when cruising at highway speeds. It also just feels a lot more stable when going over bumps and what not. I went to Impulse Engineering to get them done and I can't say enough about the job they did. I highly recommend them. They do a little bit of everything. They had a Viper with a blower and NOS that had over 1000hp, and they had a couple Supras that each ran 9's. They do fab work, dyno tuning, clutch work, etc. I also want to thank Greg at Racers Edge Tuning. It was really a pleasure working with him. For anyone looking for Cobra (or late model mustang) tuning I highly recommend him.

Vettezuki 06-28-2008 12:24 PM

It's always nice when you can do business with people who know what the hell doing. :thumbs_up:

Vettezuki 06-28-2008 11:40 PM

Here's a video of the pull. Nice Sean. Now why don't let a man show you what it can do . . . I'm well insured. :smack:

SexyLxy 06-30-2008 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 3734)
Here's a video of the pull. Nice Sean. Now why don't let a man show you what it can do . . . I'm well insured. :smack:

Tehe, I'd like to think you're well insured but in all honesty it doesn't matter. It's our policy if you do any damage. Insurance follows the car and if you cause any damage while driving the car to any other vehicle, per the state of california property damage drops to any policy regardless of company to 5k.....

I know I know, i'll shut up now. I'm an insurance nightmare......I hate insurance too, they're all fraud, but I have to keep everyone aware since they write my paycheck. :P

Vettezuki 06-30-2008 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexyLxy (Post 3755)
Tehe, I'd like to think you're well insured but in all honesty it doesn't matter. It's our policy if you do any damage. Insurance follows the car and if you cause any damage while driving the car to any other vehicle, per the state of california property damage drops to any policy regardless of company to 5k.....

I know I know, i'll shut up now. I'm an insurance nightmare......I hate insurance too, they're all fraud, but I have to keep everyone aware since they write my paycheck. :P

I was just hoping you guys would let me drive it with a false sense of security. :D

bgn8711 07-02-2008 10:00 PM

check book racing for the win! :bigthumbsup:

Brian

enkeivette 07-02-2008 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgn8711 (Post 3836)

Brian

:nutkick:

Whatever, if I had the money I'd probably pay someone else to get dirty and bust their knuckles. Would you rather spend your time driving the car or working on it?

Then again, I wouldn't trust anyone else to work on my Vette. ASE certified tech or not.

Vettezuki 07-03-2008 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgn8711 (Post 3836)

Brian

What's check book racing?

SeanPlunk 07-03-2008 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 3839)
What's check book racing?

He means "magazine racing" but he's gay and says check book instead.

enkeivette 07-03-2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 3841)
He means "magazine racing" but he's gay and says check book instead.

I thought he was giving you crap for paying someone else to do the work.

What's magazine racing?

Vettezuki 07-03-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 3855)
I thought he was giving you crap for paying someone else to do the work.

What's magazine racing?

I agree.

Leedom 07-05-2008 12:25 AM

I am going to take a shot at this one and say it is someone who has not idea what they are doing on a car and pay someone to make them the baddest and fastest car and never actually race it or put it through its paces. thus gracing the covers of magazines as a "show" car rather than a real work weekend warrior.