Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Motorgen GMR Cruise February 20th! (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12540)

SexyLxy 02-13-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 45019)
So my wife and I ran it today and it was great. The time of day is perfect. We ran at the exact time we would be going through and had plenty of light. Traffic was light and I didn't see a single cop all day (we actually ran two routes as well).

The first section, Glendora Ridge Road (12 miles) had some water on it but was mostly nice. It is unmarked (all one lane basically) so I was basically keeping it right around 25 mph. It was still nice and curvy though and the scenery is beautiful.

Now, the second section is where we'll have to make a decision. I went both ways with this today. The original route has us taking a right at Glendora Moutain Road to the east loop and onto San Gabriel Canyon road. Going this way is longer, but the road is more mellow. Nice scenery though and it's a direct shot down to La Tolteca.

The alternative is to turn left and take Glendora Mountain Road all the way down. It's shorter, but I actually liked the drive better. The other downside besides being shorter is that it makes it a slightly longer drive to the restaurant. Nothing major, but it is longer.

When my wife and I got to La Tolteca I counted about 40 open spaces. We rolled in right around 5. Their was plenty of seating inside and I'm guessing next Saturday would be less busy (I figure some people were out for Valentine's Day tonight). The food was incredible as always :)

I've checked the weather for next week and it looks clear. If it was anything like today, it was just about perfect. So we're definitely on, but which route does everyone prefer?

Ok so Sean was very kind not to bash me in this post but today I totally deserve it. I was sitting co-pilot and took us the wrong direction not once, but TWICE and almost a 3rd but he caught me on that one! Total detour miles were about 60 miles. Ug. :(

The first of which was the wrong way on the 210 for about 12-15 miles before I figured it out, and then the second was the wrong way on the mountain which resulted in our experiment route and I didn't realize we took the wrong way until we were at the bottom of the mountain so we had to head back up.

My prego brain is totally SHOT! But we eventually made it through the mountain and we're home safe and sound now. I'll have Sean post a few photos of the trip tomorrow so you guys can see how pretty it was. It was very green, quiet, and peaceful. Make sure you go slow through the first part without any divider lines or else you'll have a head on collision in no time, but the other parts let loose and don't go over a cliff.

I won't be seeing you guys next weekend (prior obligation) but have fun and make sure you follow the route. It's perfect now and I won't be calling the shots. :P

Leedom 02-13-2010 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexyLxy (Post 45022)
Ok so Sean was very kind not to bash me in this post but today I totally deserve it. I was sitting co-pilot and took us the wrong direction not once, but TWICE and almost a 3rd but he caught me on that one! Total detour miles were about 60 miles. Ug. :(

The first of which was the wrong way on the 210 for about 12-15 miles before I figured it out, and then the second was the wrong way on the mountain which resulted in our experiment route and I didn't realize we took the wrong way until we were at the bottom of the mountain so we had to head back up.

My prego brain is totally SHOT! But we eventually made it through the mountain and we're home safe and sound now. I'll have Sean post a few photos of the trip tomorrow so you guys can see how pretty it was. It was very green, quiet, and peaceful. Make sure you go slow through the first part without any divider lines or else you'll have a head on collision in no time, but the other parts let loose and don't go over a cliff.

I won't be seeing you guys next weekend (prior obligation) but have fun and make sure you follow the route. It's perfect now and I won't be calling the shots. :P

Don't feel to bad Alexis. Shannon has co-piloted for me a few times and lets just say she does not quite have the grasp of what a navigator does. We went out to my cousins for the superbowl and went through the 74. I printed directions and told her I had been to their house once over a year ago. As I was driving out of the canyon I had to continually ask her where to do at streets. I turned to her in a very calm tone (and yes it was calm but you would not have known it from her reaction) that I view a navigator as someone who guides me on where to go. Man if look could kill. :crutches: She then said I thought you knew where you were going. I just sat there and thought to myself, do people routinely print directions to places they know how to get to?

BoomBoomKid 02-14-2010 06:32 PM

Really doesn't matter, I'll follow the leader.

SexyLxy 02-14-2010 09:53 PM

Photos from yesterdays test run are uploaded - check them out.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=9b9bac4b07

SeanPlunk 02-15-2010 09:17 PM

Bump, this is on Saturday. Here are some of the pics from the scouting run this weekend:

enkeivette 02-16-2010 01:36 AM

I might be coming in my friend's Magnum. Still haven't had a chance to glass up the Vettes interior.

BRIAN 02-16-2010 10:11 AM

Might rain Saturday :(

kdracer73 02-16-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRIAN (Post 45172)
Might rain Saturday :(

Less tire wear when drifting :thumbs_up:

SoCalC55 02-16-2010 08:28 PM

Arg, it better not rain!

Sean, do we have a time/place to meet in OC then caravan?

ZexGX 02-16-2010 09:41 PM

I'm still a maybe but leaning towards in. I don't think I'll be trying to stay up in the front this time due to my front tires being 9 years old and thus not very sticky. They also don't deal with gravel or sand well at all...

OC4g63 02-17-2010 12:31 PM

hope it doesnt rain ...I gots no WIPERS! I know I could put them back on but mehhh. lol. I just figured since I never drive my talon in the rain id never need wipers.

ZexGX 02-17-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OC4g63 (Post 45257)
hope it doesnt rain ...I gots no WIPERS! I know I could put them back on but mehhh. lol. I just figured since I never drive my talon in the rain id never need wipers.

I removed the windshield washer fluid reservoir and all my relatives, parents, and non-car friends thought I was crazy. I'd never go as far as removing the wiper blades and arms though... lol

Plus, it's easy to crack the windshield on an F-body when removing them.

BRUTAL64 02-17-2010 01:57 PM

Use Rain-X. It actually works.:boggled:

BRUTAL64 02-17-2010 06:15 PM

60% chance of rain on Saturday.

We might need a plan "B".:rolleyes:

SeanPlunk 02-17-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 45284)
60% chance of rain on Saturday.

We might need a plan "B".:rolleyes:

I'm watching it, but it's only a 30% chance of a few showers. It doesn't sound major. I predict everything will be fine.

SeanPlunk 02-17-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalC55 (Post 45214)
Arg, it better not rain!

Sean, do we have a time/place to meet in OC then caravan?

I have not yet. The Camaro5 guys are doing something for lunch and I'm thinking of stopping by. If not, we could meet at the Target off of the 57 and Yorba Linda Blvd and caravan out.

SoCalC55 02-17-2010 08:10 PM

Time depending I may meet up with you back in AH. I have a test at CSUF at 8:45am but I should be out by noon.

BRUTAL64 02-17-2010 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 45292)
I'm watching it, but it's only a 30% chance of a few showers. It doesn't sound major. I predict everything will be fine.

Everywhere I check it has 60% for rain. So................:p

BRUTAL64 02-17-2010 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 45293)
I have not yet. The Camaro5 guys are doing something for lunch and I'm thinking of stopping by. If not, we could meet at the Target off of the 57 and Yorba Linda Blvd and caravan out.

OK what time?

blackax 02-18-2010 01:09 PM

Im thinking of getting one of those little flip cam's and mounting it to my car for the cruse. so we can have some video of it.

Vettezuki 02-18-2010 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackax (Post 45354)
Im thinking of getting one of those little flip cam's and mounting it to my car for the cruse. so we can have some video of it.

We always get some, but mo is better. What would be kinda cool is if you could pass the video to me at the end of the cruise so I could integrate it.

BRUTAL64 02-18-2010 01:50 PM

Ok, since I decided to do this run. I'm building "Another" starter ( from 3 other starters ) for Brutal.:rolleyes:

See how much I love you guys!:lmfao:

blackax 02-18-2010 01:55 PM

My fan belt just decided it doesn't like being a inch wide. So now i have to limp it home (50 miles) and put on its replacement and i have to do this all after i leave from work witch wont be till 0400 (4 am)

Chuck 02-18-2010 05:16 PM

Looks like I will be co-pilot for Leedom Saturday. See ya all there.

BRUTAL64 02-19-2010 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 45361)
Ok, since I decided to do this run. I'm building "Another" starter ( from 3 other starters ) for Brutal.:rolleyes:

See how much I love you guys!:lmfao:

Got the starter built tonight. Started 30 times in a row no problem.

That'll be it until I get to the run,:rolleyes:

BRUTAL64 02-19-2010 01:45 AM

So where and what time are the OC guys meeting???

OC4g63 02-19-2010 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 45406)
So where and what time are the OC guys meeting???

yah....what he said!

need to know where the OC guys wanna meet up.

OC4g63 02-19-2010 09:13 AM

another question...its raining here in Mission Viejo today...is it supposed to rain/snow at GMR on sat?

SeanPlunk 02-19-2010 10:26 AM

The weather is now predicting rain, and even snow on Mt. Baldy. I'm debating what to do. I don't mind rain, but the Cobra isn't exactly a great snow car. It appears last weekend would have been the far superior choice :censored:

OC4g63 02-19-2010 12:28 PM

Well Im down for what ever but im not interested in taking the freshly painted talon through the snow regaurdless of the AWD ;-). If we decide to move the location Im cool with that too.

kdracer73 02-19-2010 04:02 PM

I am hoping for the best:lmfao: On my way to top off the gas tank.

Vettezuki 02-19-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 45448)
The weather is now predicting rain, and even snow on Mt. Baldy. I'm debating what to do. I don't mind rain, but the Cobra isn't exactly a great snow car. It appears last weekend would have been the far superior choice :censored:

The vette doesn't even have ABS. But I got Jeep - yee haw!

joedls 02-19-2010 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OC4g63 (Post 45461)
Well Im down for what ever

Really?????????? I don't think I wanna know.

BRUTAL64 02-19-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdracer73 (Post 45480)
I am hoping for the best:lmfao: On my way to top off the gas tank.

You want to top off mine too?? The rain is SUPPOSE to be over by noon.:rolleyes:

BRUTAL64 02-19-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 45482)
Really?????????? I don't think I wanna know.

Joe, you going???? :drink:

BillyMike 02-19-2010 08:59 PM

I'm new to Cali and this looks like a good way to meet fellow car people.
I'll se ya'll tomorrow then.

BillyMike

kdracer73 02-19-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 45495)
You want to top off mine too?? The rain is SUPPOSE to be over by noon.:rolleyes:

Us old schoolers will have to hang together :thumbs_up:

SeanPlunk 02-19-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyMike (Post 45507)
I'm new to Cali and this looks like a good way to meet fellow car people.
I'll se ya'll tomorrow then.

BillyMike

Cool - what kind of car are you in?

SeanPlunk 02-19-2010 09:16 PM

We're on tomorrow -weather and all. Anyone that wants to caravan up from the OC, I will be at the Target off of the 57fwy and Yorba Linda Blvd at about 1:45. I'm going to leave for Kohl's no later than 2:10. The address for Target is:

2920 Yorba Linda Blvd
Fullerton, CA 92831

I have about 70ish sets of directions. I typed them up myself and simplified things down as much as possible. It should be a great day. See you all tomorrow!

Sean

BRUTAL64 02-19-2010 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdracer73 (Post 45508)
Us old schoolers will have to hang together :thumbs_up:

Think you could keep up? You know the 2nd gen is my favorite. Sounds good.:drink: