Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Auto (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   What was the first car you bought? (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7383)

joedls 08-31-2009 08:51 PM

My first car was a 1970 Chevelle SS 396. I paid $250 for it in 1976. It didn't run. The engine was seized. By the time I had a license, my buddies and I had it running.

BADDASSC6 08-31-2009 09:43 PM

Fist car was a 1985 Monte Carlo SS:thumbs_up:
Second car was a 1994 Geo Prizm. It is also the only car I've ever owned that wasn't a RWD american v8.

kdracer73 08-31-2009 10:01 PM

The first vehicle I owned was a Kawasaki 305 cruiser style. Got my first ticket on it too. I found out today my Ca driver Lic is suspened because of that ticket I got in 1985. ...In Arizona..... And being 18 yr old with no money I did not pay it. 25 yrs later it is coming back to haunt me. o :censored::censored::censored:
I paid my mail in renewal in June. today I thought...MMMMMM, I never got my new lic. Went to DMV and the music started when I walked in...
I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I riiiide... WAAAANTTEDDD...dead or ALIIIIIIIIVE !!!
They will not renew me until I take care of it. Modern technology is linking all States to collect past penalties. :judge::judge:
And because my job involves driving customer cars, My boss ain't to happy.

SeanPlunk 08-31-2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdracer73 (Post 31019)
The first vehicle I owned was a Kawasaki 305 cruiser style. Got my first ticket on it too. I found out today my Ca driver Lic is suspened because of that ticket I got in 1985. ...In Arizona..... And being 18 yr old with no money I did not pay it. 25 yrs later it is coming back to haunt me. o :censored::censored::censored:
I paid my mail in renewal in June. today I thought...MMMMMM, I never got my new lic. Went to DMV and the music started when I walked in...
I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I riiiide... WAAAANTTEDDD...dead or ALIIIIIIIIVE !!!
They will not renew me until I take care of it. Modern technology is linking all States to collect past penalties. :judge::judge:

Wow, that's crazy. How much do they want to take care of it?

If we need to take up a fund to bail you out of jail just let us know :judge:

kdracer73 08-31-2009 10:20 PM

I have to call AZ in the Morning. They gave me my AZ dr lic # and told me to contact them.

enkeivette 08-31-2009 10:29 PM

78 Corvette 350 Auto

kdracer73 09-01-2009 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdracer73 (Post 31022)
I have to call AZ in the Morning. They gave me my AZ dr lic # and told me to contact them.

All that over a 10 buck clearance charge. The ticket's statute of limitations expired in 1992. :smack:

SeanPlunk 09-01-2009 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdracer73 (Post 31039)
All that over a 10 buck clearance charge. The ticket's statute of limitations expired in 1992. :smack:

LOL, you're a smooth criminal :rolling:

94cobra69ss396 09-01-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRIAN (Post 30994)
First car I bought with my money was a 1990 Toyota Supra turbo. Drove it home after laying down $300 bucks. :thumbs_up:

Good buy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 31002)
I remember when I was looking for my Mustang it was January of 2000. The newer body style was out, but the GT's were too expensive for me. I almost bought a 1999 V6 that some kid had dressed up to look like a Cobra :bang:

My friend Jeff (Jeep) told me that was a major car party foul and made me by the 94 GT instead. What a good friend :drink:

Make sure you thank Jeff.

94cobra69ss396 09-01-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kdracer73 (Post 31019)

You're lucky. My buddy had that happen to him when he was around 22 or so. He got a ticket when he was 17 that his mom was taking care of but she never paid it. He went to court to try and take care of it and they told him that he had to pay $500 and something dollars or do jail time. He didn't have the money so they put him in jail. He called me with his one call and I went and paid it for him to get him out.