Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Engines, Transimissions, Suspension, etc. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Drama - Cobra Pulleys (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435)

SeanPlunk 06-19-2008 08:31 AM

I believe the pulley is pressed on. Also, I don't want to drive the car any distance untuned. I'd rather just have him do it. I know if I keep my foot out of it that it would probably be okay, but why risk it? For $50, I'd rather have someone with the correct tool and experience just handle it.

SeanPlunk 06-19-2008 01:22 PM

I swear to God I'm cursed. The main distributor called to tell me they didn't have black pulleys in stock and they were back ordered a month. I asked if I could switch to silver, and they said yes, but that they didn't have silver idlers. This meant in order to have a matched set I'd have to go blue or red (which both look like ass, especially on a white car). My lovely wife stepped in though, managed to order direct from Billetflow and I'll be getting them sooner now :hail:. Not sure how she did it, I talked to a billerflow rep and they said you could only get it through distributors. I just need to stop trying to do anything :sm_laughing:

SeanPlunk 06-19-2008 01:24 PM

Pictures for reference:

SeanPlunk 06-19-2008 01:25 PM

I'm getting the ones on the bottom now. I hate the blue, and they don't have a picture of the red. Oh well, silvers look good :sm_laughing:

BRUTAL64 06-19-2008 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 3583)
I'm getting the ones on the bottom now. I hate the blue, and they don't have a picture of the red. Oh well, silvers look good :sm_laughing:

Will it be done by the next McDonalds meet?

SeanPlunk 06-19-2008 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glenn64vette (Post 3584)
Will it be done by the next McDonalds meet?

I'm hesitant to say yes because I'm cursed :o, but it should be... The car should be putting down somewhere between 445-465 RWHP, and 450-475 RWTQ with any luck by then.

Vettezuki 06-19-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 3585)
. . .The car should be putting down somewhere between 445-465 RWHP, and 450-475 RWTQ with any luck by then.

Then 14s at 118 are right around the corner. :smack:

enkeivette 06-19-2008 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 3568)
Pulling pulleys without a pulley puller? Mmm, sounds, uh, diffiuclt.

Let me clarify... Or I will get in the Zone, Autozone! and rent the tool for free.

Yes they have pulley pullers. :D But $50 aint nothin' And red would have looked sweet BTW, almost as sweet as blue!

BRUTAL64 06-19-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 3585)
I'm hesitant to say yes because I'm cursed :o, but it should be... The car should be putting down somewhere between 445-465 RWHP, and 450-475 RWTQ with any luck by then.

There might be some changes to my car by then too. But, mine is completely unexpected by anyone--except maybe Ben.:(

SexyLxy 06-19-2008 02:43 PM

Yes, let me clarify....a woman stepped in, and saved the day, ok year. Yes, that is right, I called the manufacture and ordered direct and they will be doing a 2 day ship, so that means that they will either be here Monday or Tuesday. We'll probably schedule the putting on and tune for wed or thursday.

Watch out boys, here we come. Ok, we might be able to play with the civic running 11's.....but after the tune, we need traction. :)

Now for the subframs, tires, and rims. Hand over the phone number and the exact part # and I'll do the talking.

See you in our smoke on Thursday suckaz! Ok I'm really talking to brian and ben.......:D