Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Apple (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42347)

Vettezuki 09-11-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 103031)
Ben... c'mon. Like Bose Im willing to bet they dont sell anything without at least a 500% mark up. The iPhone av cable is over $100... unlike smaller companies, they dont have to pass the cost of customer support on to the consumer. They can just be minimally less greddy and swallow it.

iPhone gross margins run around 35% as I recall. And no, they obviously do not have to just swallow it. People accept the trade on offer.

Vettezuki 09-11-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 103034)
My toshiba still works great too. I still use norton but i back it up with malware bytes

My Toshiba has been running essentially 24/7 for a couple years. Believe it or not MS Security Essentials seems to be adequate.

Vettezuki 09-11-2012 03:14 PM

Carlos's drunk post inspired me to get an SIII. ;) :p

Chuck 09-11-2012 05:12 PM

Good choice Ben SIII Ftw.

BADDASSC6 09-11-2012 05:25 PM

Drunk post from Droid. Don't care about the mark ups when every Apple product I have purchased works great. I can't say the same for my previous laptops from (Toshiba, Gateway, Sony).

blackax 09-11-2012 06:42 PM

I'll never buy an apple product but that is because I care more about how stuff works then how it looks.

Apple makes stuff that work with other apple stuff that's it. The flavor of BSD that they use is crap and crippled and its hard as hell to find software that will compile correctly on the damn thing with out a ton of shit that needs to be upgraded for no damn reason.

And i've never run any AV software (still have one windows pc in the house) and have never gotten a virus. But I dont go to shady sites and install crap like that.

enkeivette 09-12-2012 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 103051)
Drunk post from Droid. Don't care about the mark ups when every Apple product I have purchased works great. I can't say the same for my previous laptops from (Toshiba, Gateway, Sony).

What kinda anti-virus were you running? PCs need good anti-virus software, because the poor people who make viruses cant afford to buy Macs.

Ben, no way, my phones msrp was $750. No way does it cost apple $400 to make an iphone. And I assume thats not their bread and butter anyways, accessories pull in a much higher profit, proportionally.

And Im not saying they have to eat it, but they certainly can. Its Apple... heard of em? Ha

fiveohwblow 09-12-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 102994)
I take back what I said about the iPhone, it is an amazing machine... but Apple charges for customer support... :l Are you kidding me? Wont be buying a Mac Book Pro like I was plannig to. Ill stick with Toshiba :)

This is a very common response from most who end up using and owning it. Most who hate haven't OWNED it and I laugh at their uneducated snap judgements.

Shaolin Crane 09-12-2012 09:34 AM

I didnt like it, i used one for about a week. No keyboard sucks and the call quality was CRAPPY. Plus not being compatible with anything else i own is really annoying.

BADDASSC6 09-12-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackax (Post 103055)
I'll never buy an apple product but that is because I care more about how stuff works then how it looks.

Apple makes stuff that work with other apple stuff that's it. The flavor of BSD that they use is crap and crippled and its hard as hell to find software that will compile correctly on the damn thing with out a ton of shit that needs to be upgraded for no damn reason.

And i've never run any AV software (still have one windows pc in the house) and have never gotten a virus. But I dont go to shady sites and install crap like that.

Have you ever tried an Apple product? I bought all sorts of video editing software to edit my track videos and they all worked like shit. Until I got an Apple, then magically Imovie works great. I even tried different brand of cameras (gopro, sony, kodak) all the same.

I will state it again every PC i have ever owned has had problems. Every Apple I have owned has been flawless.