Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Orange County (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=152)
-   -   Irwindale Speedway 4.30 anyone? (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3469)

SoCalC55 04-30-2009 05:02 PM

my bad, misinterpreted your question. Well with Thursday night traffic it would take at least an hour and a half to get there, likely closer to 2 hours. Too far to get to with work and class

Vettezuki 04-30-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalC55 (Post 21494)
I would assume he ment 1/8 mile Irwindale track and not the 1/4 mile Fontana(California Speedway) one.

Although both traks are having a "street legal drag day" tonight according to their websites. I would consider going to Fontana if others were going

Im just not a fan of the whole 1/8 mile meaning anyting than how good you are at launching. I could care less if there is a car that can blow away anyone in the 1/8 but then turns in a less than steller 1/4 time... in the real world that car would get killed

Anybody who street races from a dig more than an 1/8th mile should be publicly beaten. I'm screaming past 90mph at the 1/8th. You gonna do that coming off an intersection?

In fact an 1/8th mile is more of a drivers race, where actual skill matters, past the 1/8th it's just a cock measuring contest for power/weight/aero.

Anyway, Irwindale is run about 10 times better than Fontana, with far better drag cars on an average Thursday night. It's very well prepped and lower altitude than Fontana. Plus they have a Taco truck which really takes it over the top.

Average day at the Fontana street legals will be 4 runs in 8 hours (plus being there a couple hours earlier. Average TNT Thursday at Irwindale is 10+ runs in 4 hours total. Plus they have king of the hill if you think you're hot shit.

Leedom 04-30-2009 09:32 PM

I am going to have to make it our to Irwindale some time. I would love to see how I run there compared to Fontana.

I agree with you Ben, 1/8 is where the skill comes in.

Vettezuki 04-30-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 21510)
I am going to have to make it our to Irwindale some time. I would love to see how I run there compared to Fontana.

I agree with you Ben, 1/8 is where the skill comes in.

If I had to guess, your Mach will be about three tenths faster than at Fontana. :huh: Between the night air, altitude, and prep, it's completely different. It's also a cooler vibe. And being 1/8th keeps things moving a lot faster.

heypal 04-30-2009 11:49 PM

Went tonight it was fun. As usual and I still say irwindale is one of the best prepped track out there. Maybe fontana could learn a thing or two.

SeanPlunk 04-30-2009 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heypal (Post 21519)
Went tonight it was fun. As usual and I still say irwindale is one of the best prepped track out there. Maybe fontana could learn a thing or two.

I think Fontana could use help relearning everything...

How bad is your buddies motor?

heypal 05-01-2009 12:25 AM

toast from what I heard

SoCalC55 05-01-2009 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 21506)
Anybody who street races from a dig more than an 1/8th mile should be publicly beaten. I'm screaming past 90mph at the 1/8th. You gonna do that coming off an intersection?

Good point there, i rarely go over 70 when im provoked so the quarter wouldnt mean jack :leaving:

still though, if I hear "my car can do X.XX in the 1/8" it dosent mean much compaired to "my car can do XX.XX in the 1/4" :huh:

BTW, how did you do Rekko??

Vettezuki 05-01-2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalC55 (Post 21610)
Good point there, i rarely go over 70 when im provoked so the quarter wouldnt mean jack :leaving:

still though, if I hear "my car can do X.XX in the 1/8" it dosent mean much compaired to "my car can do XX.XX in the 1/4" :huh:

I certainly understand. :drink:

94cobra69ss396 05-02-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalC55 (Post 21610)

BTW, how did you do Rekko??

Or even better if you can say my car does X.XX in the 1/4. Hopefully I will be able to say that soon.