Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WANTED: Motorgen Shirts (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324)

Vettezuki 05-13-2008 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorruptCulture (Post 2416)
One of my wrestling coaches I've known for years works at a shop that does T-Shirts. He's a great guy and has given me a great deal in the past. I don't remember what exactly it came out to though.

How many colors/layers will it be? That's the important thing. If it's just white on a black shirt (like the sticker for example) it'll be really cheap. I'll call him in a few mins when I'm out of class.

He uses Haynes "Beefy Tees" and the silk screen is high quality.

Use the logo in the upper left as a reference. I don't know how many colors he'd qualify that as. Thanks for checking on this.

enkeivette 05-13-2008 12:27 PM

It would be cool if we all wore them on track days, like a bunch of star trek geeks. It would spark some curiosity amongst the crowd.

Leedom 05-13-2008 12:30 PM

I not have people in mind, but we get all out stuff here from China and I know that the owner has a guy I can get bigger runs from (maybe even some smaller ones). As far as putting up some concepts here...oh... not yet. All I need is some marching orders and a high rez image of the firing helix pistons and I can bang out one BW concept that I have so we can be cost effective for now. :D I used the same argument with Sean about having some basic shirts we wore at track days and he is scared of becoming too commercial.

Vettezuki 05-13-2008 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 2419)
It would be cool if we all wore them on track days, like a bunch of star trek geeks. It would spark some curiosity amongst the crowd.

Yep. Kinda gay, but yes ;) And with the bumper stickers FordFreak made, it would be like a branding blitzkrieg. An 11 second C3 Corvette would spark some interest in the crowd too. . .

CorruptCulture 05-13-2008 12:41 PM

Alright, I just got off the phone with my friend Kyle.

For a single color on the front with a small logo on the chest pocket area and a full size, full color (5-6 color levels) logo across the back it would cost about $10 for black and $8 for white. Black is more work and they have to lay down a white layer first so the colors show up. The quote was for 100 Haynes Beefy Tees in an assortment of sizes.

He said if I sent over an image he could give me an exact quote. Send me a high-res rendering of the logo and I'll clean it up so it's tshirt friendly and email it to him.

CorruptCulture 05-13-2008 12:47 PM

I forgot to add, that regardless of price, I would prefer white.

enkeivette 05-13-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 2421)
Yep. Kinda gay, but yes ;) And with the bumper stickers FordFreak made, it would be like a branding blitzkrieg. An 11 second C3 Corvette would spark some interest in the crowd too. . .

You mean to say a 14 second corvette at 120mph! :leaving:

enkeivette 05-13-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CorruptCulture (Post 2423)
I forgot to add, that regardless of price, I would prefer white.

:iagree: Black would suck under the sun.

Leedom 05-13-2008 01:18 PM

:iagree: I second the white...shirt that is.

Vettezuki 05-13-2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 2425)
You mean to say a 14 second corvette at 120mph! :leaving:

If you ask nicely, I'll let you use my DRs I'll be getting. Of course, you'll have to get yourself towed should anything shatter into a million little pieces. But that won't happen . . . probably.