Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Meet and Greet (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Hola from Orange County! (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23289)

jedhead 12-15-2010 12:45 AM

Welcome

Bob

Chuck 12-15-2010 03:42 PM

Welcome, Bugatti Veyron I think that would do the trick and it meets all criteria both insurance and price range.

Sonic03SVT 12-15-2010 04:01 PM

No third-gen F-body love? Cheap car, cheap insurance, maybe a touch down on power but a great handling car with tons of aftermarket support. Plus the 87+ T/As just look good :thumbs_up:

94cobra69ss396 12-15-2010 08:46 PM

Welcome. Start with something that doesn't have too much power at first so that you can learn to control the car. Something that can slowly be upgraded. Then start taking it to tracks like Adams Motorsports Park, Irwindale and California Speedway for the street legal drags. That way you get both the experience and a baseline to build upon to beat.

enkeivette 12-16-2010 01:59 AM

WRX, AWD so it'll be harder for you to lose control/ total the car/ get hurt.

AARP 12-16-2010 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck (Post 64589)
Welcome, Bugatti Veyron I think that would do the trick and it meets all criteria both insurance and price range.

Yep, and I think this paint job would be fantastic.

(Oh god, the horror)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic03SVT (Post 64592)
No third-gen F-body love? Cheap car, cheap insurance, maybe a touch down on power but a great handling car with tons of aftermarket support. Plus the 87+ T/As just look good :thumbs_up:

I don't think I could grow the mullet to do it justice. And interestingly my insurance hates 3rd gens as well for some reason.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic03SVT (Post 64592)

Take your best shot at something around $3000. :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 64632)
WRX, AWD so it'll be harder for you to lose control/ total the car/ get hurt.

Bit too pricey.

SeanPlunk 12-16-2010 03:52 PM

Seriously, buy this. He's down to $2700. It's a steal.

AARP 12-16-2010 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 64680)
Seriously, buy this. He's down to $2700. It's a steal.

Hmm, I don't know much about Fox body 'stangs but that one looks interesting. Such a small car with so much power (and cheap insurance!). Looks like he's only a city away from me, so I'll shoot him a text. Thanks Sean!

SeanPlunk 12-16-2010 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AARP (Post 64686)
Hmm, I don't know much about Fox body 'stangs but that one looks interesting. Such a small car with so much power (and cheap insurance!). Looks like he's only a city away from me, so I'll shoot him a text. Thanks Sean!

No problem.

Fox Body stangs are excellent first cars. Not too much power stock, but suspension and drivetrain parts are cheap and they're easy to work on :drink:

Vettezuki 12-16-2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 64695)
No problem.

Fox Body stangs are excellent first cars. Not too much power stock, but suspension and drivetrain parts are cheap and they're easy to work on :drink:

:iagree: and there are several people here expert on what you can do with them.