Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Stupid things you used to do as a kid. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22652)

94cobra69ss396 11-22-2010 02:58 PM

When I was about 13 or 14 Phil and I would go out to the hills in Diamond Bar where we lived and have BB gun wars with our friends. We'd make up teams and then just try to shoot each other. You could hear the BB's wiz by.

enkeivette 11-22-2010 05:30 PM

That is nuts.

I used to play fire ball with my friends. We used to soak a tennis ball in gasoline, light it on fire, then play catch with gardening gloves. It made a really cool sound as it flew through the air.

94cobra69ss396 11-22-2010 08:22 PM

Hopefully that was an outside game.

Redondo Jon 11-22-2010 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 63224)
Did you go indoor or outdoor rockclimbing?

Outdoors. Twentynine Palms area mostly. I’m having fun with this. I forgot all about explosives & B.B. gun fights. A friend of mine figured out that you could disassemble Estes rocket engines and make really good smoke-bombs. When I was in Jr. High we rubber cemented a bunch of them together, lit ‘em on fire, then closed them in my locker. It took a while, but they finally ignited into this huge white smoke cloud. A teacher ran out of a nearby classroom with an extinguisher trying to “put out the fire” but it was empty or something because it didn’t work.

enkeivette 11-23-2010 12:18 AM

Glad you said outdoor, I was about to call you Nancy. Haha.

Vettezuki 11-23-2010 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redondo Jon (Post 63253)
Outdoors. Twentynine Palms area mostly. I’m having fun with this. I forgot all about explosives & B.B. gun fights. A friend of mine figured out that you could disassemble Estes rocket engines and make really good smoke-bombs. When I was in Jr. High we rubber cemented a bunch of them together, lit ‘em on fire, then closed them in my locker. It took a while, but they finally ignited into this huge white smoke cloud. A teacher ran out of a nearby classroom with an extinguisher trying to “put out the fire” but it was empty or something because it didn’t work.

You'd almost certainly be expelled, if not incarcerated for that now.

kdracer73 11-23-2010 08:50 AM

One time, while cruising the industrial park, we foung a case of 8"x8" glass sheet/tiles. They where thin and fragile. Decided to fling them like frizbees to the street below a park. Light traffic wizzing past ! Got a little less stupid and just lined the crosswalk with them and watched the cars run over them.

ZexGX 11-23-2010 12:47 PM

Street luge. With a skateboard. 25 MPH while laying down on a skateboard = epic

enkeivette 11-23-2010 02:16 PM

I've got another one, we used to go "couching." Haha. When someone would leave an old couch on their curb we would tie each corner (at the base so it wouldn't fall on its face) with a tow strap to a truck, then sit on the couch while someone dragged it down the street. It was really fun.

enkeivette 11-23-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 63263)
You'd almost certainly be expelled, if not incarcerated for that now.

Oh yeah, hahaha.