Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Monday was a bad car day. (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20955)

Chuck 10-01-2010 05:58 PM

Me and Courtney (the old lady) were walking out to go to dinner. I look down at the Left rear tire and its flat. We pull around to the garage I put air in it and I hear it just gushing out I look around the tire and there is a big ass shard of metal in it. So I take it to Goodyear around the corner and its unrepairable the tires were not brand new they needed to be replaced just not tonight. She had a blow out on the freeway a few months ago and replaced the one tire. Now with the shard we have to replace the other one the other two are not that good so I just said lets do all three. So now we are eating at home. Oh well Shit happens. Oh also Tuesday my sister parked where they were going to repave the street and got her car impounded. Yeah not the best week.

injdinjn 10-01-2010 06:27 PM

On the Exploder. Not sure if this would apply but the wifes T Bird was acting up, after A LOT of plug and plug wire changes the plastic, er composite, intake was leaking when it got hot at the heater outlet and shorting out the plugs.
Anyone need a overpriced coil pak for a 4.6 from ripoff power Ford.:(

94cobra69ss396 10-03-2010 07:58 PM

I did some more testing and it turned out that the coil had a weak spark on cylinder 3. I replaced the coil and it's running great. The coil must have been bad since the day I installed it about a year ago because I've had a weird misfire at idle since I installed it. It's now gone.

kdracer73 10-03-2010 08:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
On Friday, Frankie's son had the gremlins strike him. Adjusting the a/c and somebody had the balls to stop for a stop sign !!
The radiator and condenser are bent, but not leaking.I told him they could last or could fail soon. Short on cash, he is gonna run it.

Chuck 10-04-2010 02:32 AM

Okay let's hope for a better week!

Vettezuki 10-04-2010 03:31 AM

Only communists stop for stop signs. They ruin everything.

kdracer73 12-20-2010 08:35 PM

Update ! This is the damage Frankie's son did. I had to heat the bumper with a heat-gun to get some kinda shape back from it.

He bent the Radiator and A/C condenser pretty good. They where not leaking, but could have started anytime. I gave them a " no confidence" rating.
It is soooo slow at work, decided to take care of it, for a Christmas gift.

Front frame rail. Before....

After I beat the snot out of it with a BFH.

Radiator, damn that was jacked up !

I hate these cars, that require this much teardown, just to replace a radiator.

Shaolin Crane 12-21-2010 09:32 AM

Wow, i cant believe that radiator didnt spring a leak.