Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Body Work, Paint, Detailing & Fabrication (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   s2000 makeover (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13150)

trymev8 02-22-2010 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 45620)
What's the status buddy, is your car all fixed up I hope?

nope who would have guessed that the body shop would be behind. Went down there to see the car today, will be done late wednesday.:thumbs_up:

trymev8 02-24-2010 09:28 AM

i went to the shop yesterday and they have totally ruined my car. They installed the fenders incorrectly and dont have any idea how to paint / prep a urethane bumper. Im going down there today to take pics then finding a new shop to finish the job. Will post pics later.

kdracer73 02-24-2010 10:38 AM

That sucks !! I would want to :gatlin:

SeanPlunk 02-24-2010 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trymev8 (Post 45953)
i went to the shop yesterday and they have totally ruined my car. They installed the fenders incorrectly and dont have any idea how to paint / prep a urethane bumper. Im going down there today to take pics then finding a new shop to finish the job. Will post pics later.

Unreal, my situation was VERY similar. I know of a good shop though - let me see if I can find the name.

BRUTAL64 02-24-2010 12:30 PM

Sorry to hear that. I went thru the same thing on a custom painted 64 Fairlane. Do NOT back down. Fight them all the way.

enkeivette 02-24-2010 12:52 PM

Get the new body shop owner to write you a letter about the poor quality work/ installation of the old shop. In case they sue you.

And get your car out of there like now. It's your car, don't let them tell you that you can't take it.

trymev8 02-24-2010 05:47 PM

my insurance will not cover it if I take it to another shop. My buddy and I are going to fit all the panels to the car this weekend and prep all the parts. The shop is going to just paint them. Hopefully it will look good. My buddy knows what he is doing and I really appreciate him helping me with this

enkeivette 02-24-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trymev8 (Post 46017)
my insurance will not cover it if I take it to another shop. My buddy and I are going to fit all the panels to the car this weekend and prep all the parts. The shop is going to just paint them. Hopefully it will look good. My buddy knows what he is doing and I really appreciate him helping me with this

:bsflag: You have the right to take it to ANY shop of your choosing. If someone told you something else they are wrong. :judge:

SeanPlunk 02-24-2010 08:11 PM

Multiple sources tell me this is the best painter in the area. I have never heard a bad thing about them.

trymev8 02-24-2010 08:44 PM

i know i have the right to take it to any shop the only problem is that once a shop has started the work and has been paid by the insurance it is really difficult to have it taken anywhere else. My insurance (progressive) has told me they already paid the shop that is having problems with my car so they will not pay anyone else anything to work on my car. I would have to get the shop to pay the other shop to do the work and they said no