Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Car, Motorcycle, and Driving Themed Songs (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=933)

joedls 12-09-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 10325)
You feel bad about missing that one. How about

Drive - The Cars

Not even in the same league.

Vettezuki 12-09-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 10329)
Before I deluge you with EVERY song that even mentions a vehicle, what are some guide lines.:huh::D

See first post.

gunfish 12-09-2008 10:05 PM

How 'bout "Warm Leatherette" by The Normal? :motorsmile:

Vettezuki 12-09-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunfish (Post 10337)
How 'bout "Warm Leatherette" by The Normal? :motorsmile:

Holy Crap, I thought I could get obscure. A+ for gunfish :hail:

There's gotta be a story behind why you know that song.

gunfish 12-10-2008 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 10338)
Holy Crap, I thought I could get obscure. A+ for gunfish :hail:

There's gotta be a story behind why you know that song.

You know, the first time I heard it we were hanging out at Sean Plunk's Grandma's house after dinner, listening to records (yeah, good ol' LP's on a turntable. For all of you youngsters out there, google it!)
Anyway, the lights were low and we started talking about and playing songs that creeped us out. The 2 songs that stuck in my memory were "Warm Leatherette" and "DOA" by Bloodrock.

Creepy but cool memories! :eek:

Vettezuki 12-10-2008 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunfish (Post 10355)
You know, the first time I heard it we were hanging out at Sean Plunk's Grandma's house after dinner, listening to records (yeah, good ol' LP's on a turntable. For all of you youngsters out there, google it!)
Anyway, the lights were low and we started talking about and playing songs that creeped us out. The 2 songs that stuck in my memory were "Warm Leatherette" and "DOA" by Bloodrock.

Creepy but cool memories! :eek:

How that heck did that album end up at that house I wonder??? That is some wayyy obscure stuff. That's like something you'd learn about in an electronic music class at university OR in the original somewhat underground scene and that's about it. Wow.

BRUTAL64 12-10-2008 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 10356)
How that heck did that album end up at that house I wonder??? That is some wayyy obscure stuff. That's like something you'd learn about in an electronic music class at university OR in the original somewhat underground scene and that's about it. Wow.

So me knowing that song makes me an intelle.......intelllepoc.....iteliouck.........sm art?:rolleyes:

Vettezuki 12-10-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 10364)
So me knowing that song makes me an intelle.......intelllepoc.....iteliouck.........sm art?:rolleyes:

Nothing surprises me in your case. . . :pot_stir:

gunfish 12-10-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 10356)

I'm sure those were through the courtesy of "The Old Man" aka Sean Plunk's pop. He and I enjoyed some of those obscure little nuggets, especially a group called "The Residents".

Before anyone thinks we were too funky, I also remember a fall afternoon where most of the same bunch sat around spinning albums from "The Monkees." Wait.....that could be the definition of funky - or sad.
:sm_up_there:

BRUTAL64 12-10-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 10369)
Nothing surprises me in your case. . . :pot_stir:

Yea, I've heard THAT before.

Tomarrow you get more car songs-----Oh, boy.:p