Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Derailers Anonymous (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34166)

Shaolin Crane 06-28-2013 04:16 PM

My mileage took a pretty substantial hit from the new tires. 24mpg was my best. Now it's around 15-16 I think

enkeivette 06-29-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 117537)
My mileage took a pretty substantial hit from the new tires. 24mpg was my best. Now it's around 15-16 I think

Damn, ditch em, theyre not THAT much cooler

94cobra69ss396 06-29-2013 09:46 AM

Part of that is the gearing. If you regear to match the stock gearing you'll get some of that back.

blackax 06-29-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 117537)

also your speedometer odometer is now off so that can account for some as well.

enkeivette 06-30-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackax (Post 117555)
also your speedometer odometer is now off so that can account for some as well.

Oh ya, you have to multiply your trip to make it actual milegae before you do the math.

Shaolin Crane 06-30-2013 12:40 PM

Did that. Drove around using a GPS speedo and actual listed distances, no bueno.

Can't go back to the old ones, they're toast.

enkeivette 07-03-2013 11:36 PM

Walked the Golden Gate bridge yesterday. Its um... a bridge that was painted red. Cool?

Do not drive across it btw. I lucked out and saw a sign in a parking garage ten mins before I planned to do so, warning that its only electronic toll now. Meaning, if you dont have a fast track, theyll mail you a lovely $50+ ticket. Motherless cock suckers. Nice way to fuck your tourists after they dump all of their money into your city. Fucking local gov, Im sure theyre getting a piece of that action.

Shaolin Crane 07-10-2013 07:47 PM

So I have a quandary. I'm thinking about getting a small loan to get both cars running, if I get picked up by CHP having three Cars down will make things significantly more difficult logistics wise. That and trying to save for two cars with other bills will take years as opposed to the small monthly it would be for the loan. 4K is about 100t a month and would get both cars running, and finish one of them. What y'all think?

Vettezuki 07-10-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 117831)
So I have a quandary. I'm thinking about getting a small loan to get both cars running, if I get picked up by CHP having three Cars down will make things significantly more difficult logistics wise. That and trying to save for two cars with other bills will take years as opposed to the small monthly it would be for the loan. 4K is about 100t a month and would get both cars running, and finish one of them. What y'all think?

I have strong feelings about this. Do not loan for toys. If you need transportation, don't dick around and get one reliable car working. (Truck?) If you must borrow to do this, then so be it, you can't be without reliable transportation in SoCal. But don't borrow for play things. Who cares if it takes years. Irrelevant.

1st - Essentials
Food, Clothing, Shelter, Transportation, Current Medical, etc.

2nd - Saving and Investing
So you have money for lean times and build for a half decent future and so you can take care yourself when you're older if you make it that far. This should be around 10%+ of your income. (Being hardcore, some people actually put this No. 1, it's called "pay yourself first".)

3rd - Play
Then play things with whatever is left that you can waft off the top. Consumption comes AFTER production. Horse goes BEFORE cart.

enkeivette 07-10-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 117832)
I have strong feelings about this. Do not loan for toys. If you need transportation, don't dick around and get one reliable car working. (Truck?) If you must borrow to do this, then so be it, you can't be without reliable transportation in SoCal. But don't borrow for play things. Who cares if it takes years. Irrelevant.

1st - Essentials
Food, Clothing, Shelter, Transportation, Current Medical, etc.

2nd - Saving and Investing
So you have money for lean times and build for a half decent future and so you can take care yourself when you're older if you make it that far. This should be around 10%+ of your income. (Being hardcore, some people actually put this No. 1, it's called "pay yourself first".)

3rd - Play
Then play things with whatever is left that you can waft off the top. Consumption comes AFTER production. Horse goes BEFORE cart.

2nd that. Put your truck parts on a low interest credit card.

Although I would argue that hookers should also be under column one somewhere.