Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Derailers Anonymous (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34166)

Shaolin Crane 11-11-2012 09:14 PM

I found THE truck. Going down to pick it up ASAP 3600

fiveohwblow 11-11-2012 09:20 PM

Nice!

Vettezuki 11-11-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 106666)
I found THE truck. Going down to pick it up ASAP 3600

Like a boss.

Vettezuki 11-11-2012 10:27 PM

So we're in competition on the property we're after. We were the first with an offer in, which helps, and it was certainly a decent offer, but if the Buddhists come in with a cash offer for the asking price we're toast. Little nervous. Really want this place, but I'm not going to do something stupid to get it.

Shaolin Crane 11-12-2012 09:48 AM

Buyer accepted my offer of 3200. He's in SD/Calexico so my buddy is going to look at it for me, if it checks out. I will have a new truck tomorrow.

Shaolin Crane 11-12-2012 12:10 PM

So i'm starting to think I'm not gonna get the truck, the guy barely speaks english so I had to speak to his wife. He's been difficult to set up a time and a place to have the truck looked at and she said she'd call back 3 hours ago with the VIN. I R sad, really liked that truck.

Vettezuki 11-12-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 106713)
So i'm starting to think I'm not gonna get the truck, the guy barely speaks english so I had to speak to his wife. He's been difficult to set up a time and a place to have the truck looked at and she said she'd call back 3 hours ago with the VIN. I R sad, really liked that truck.

Could just be flaky and the truck still a good find. Who knows. But understand getting frustrated and hitting eject when other parties drag their feet much.

In other news, the owners of that property came back with a counter offer. We are in the front running.

Shaolin Crane 11-12-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 106739)
Could just be flaky and the truck still a good find. Who knows. But understand getting frustrated and hitting eject when other parties drag their feet much.

In other news, the owners of that property came back with a counter offer. We are in the front running.

I finally got a hold of him, a buddy is going to look at it for me tomorrow. I think he was using a translator program and thats why his emails were all exactly 16min apart.

Nice job on the property, i'm liquidating whatever payments I have in the hopes of a home soon.

Vettezuki 11-12-2012 08:58 PM

As far as I can tell, this market is a combination of cheapest houses/property and cheapest money we're likely to see. I can also say the market seems to be moving, houses are starting to sell (banks are constraining supply heavily). I don't know how long the window will be open and I don't have a crystal ball, but I do think that if anyone has a hankering to get a place, and they even sort of have the means, I don't think it's going to get much better. JMO.

Shaolin Crane 11-12-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 106742)
As far as I can tell, this market is a combination of cheapest houses/property and cheapest money we're likely to see. I can also say the market seems to be moving, houses are starting to sell (banks are constraining supply heavily). I don't know how long the window will be open and I don't have a crystal ball, but I do think that if anyone has a hankering to get a place, and they even sort of have the means, I don't think it's going to get much better. JMO.

I agree, I did the math and I likely can afford an 80-100k house. Not a large window, but there are a few places out by Ron that fit the bill. Nothing near Covina unfortunately

Vettezuki 11-12-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 106743)
I agree, I did the math and I likely can afford an 80-100k house. Not a large window, but there are a few places out by Ron that fit the bill. Nothing near Covina unfortunately

If you want to own, you gotta get your foot in the door somewhere. Just make sure to check the neighborhoods in person. You'll be making a fairly huge step down at those prices in Fontana. Fine for you maybe, Vanessa may be less than thrilled.

Shaolin Crane 11-13-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 106745)
If you want to own, you gotta get your foot in the door somewhere. Just make sure to check the neighborhoods in person. You'll be making a fairly huge step down at those prices in Fontana. Fine for you maybe, Vanessa may be less than thrilled.

These were all properties near the 210. If Vanessa was fine with me purchasing a shop lot and living in it i'm sure she'll be fine with a house in basically any location.
However, it would be stupid for me to not check out the neighborhood before purchasing.

Vettezuki 11-13-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 106747)
These were all properties near the 210. If Vanessa was fine with me purchasing a shop lot and living in it i'm sure she'll be fine with a house in basically any location.
However, it would be stupid for me to not check out the neighborhood before purchasing.

Shops are on the whole ghost towns at night and relatively safe. Some of the neighborhoods out there are anything but, and it can be real hit and miss within just a few blocks. I like crimereports.com, but it seems the PD out there don't report their stats so it's a bit blank. When you get to making an offer you can have your buying agent have the seller provide a property report from the title company which will include crime stats. No way you're going to have a real safe area, but you don't want to be surrounded by gangs and meth heads either and they're out there. Anyway, you know what you're doing I'm just being preachy. Good luck.

enkeivette 11-13-2012 11:13 AM

Good for you Ben. Now is the time to buy if youre strong, while shit is still low and before it makes sense to everyone else.

Shaolin Crane 11-13-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 106758)
Shops are on the whole ghost towns at night and relatively safe. Some of the neighborhoods out there are anything but, and it can be real hit and miss within just a few blocks. I like crimereports.com, but it seems the PD out there don't report their stats so it's a bit blank. When you get to making an offer you can have your buying agent have the seller provide a property report from the title company which will include crime stats. No way you're going to have a real safe area, but you don't want to be surrounded by gangs and meth heads either and they're out there. Anyway, you know what you're doing I'm just being preachy. Good luck.

Shops are not qhost town unfortunately. People know there arent many people there at night so the risk of burglary is often much much higher. I know i've stopped a few at our shop here.

I'm not going for just any place in fontana/rancho. It will need to be near the 210 as much as possible. If not, i'm not going to make an offer on a property just because it's in my price range.

Thanks for the words though. I'm on the cusp of having everything gone and paid off. I've been taking small loans out for things and paying them off pretty quickly so my credit has been shooting through the roof. Last I checked in march I was up to 720. I've paid off a few since then so i'm likely in the 740ish range which should easily net me the house I need as long as my debt to income is in line.

Shaolin Crane 11-13-2012 10:34 PM

Getting giddy for the truck. Likely pick it up thursday, if...

I can figure out how to get it back across the border without a passport. My mexican buddies say just to bring my birth certificate and CDL and the paperwork for the truck. It's still registered here in CA and is legit. Had Nate run the numbers for me and I did my own digging. If the birth certificate thing is true, then i'll be taking a greyhound down and getting it.

Vettezuki 11-13-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 106799)
Getting giddy for the truck. Likely pick it up thursday, if...

I can figure out how to get it back across the border without a passport. My mexican buddies say just to bring my birth certificate and CDL and the paperwork for the truck. It's still registered here in CA and is legit. Had Nate run the numbers for me and I did my own digging. If the birth certificate thing is true, then i'll be taking a greyhound down and getting it.

I'm under the impression Ryridesmotox is border patrol. Maybe shoot him a PM. I also have a friend who works customs and immigration, I'll ask him.

Are you sure this is not some sort of a shake down. You're not going into Mexico with a wad of cash to meet strangers are you? Some folks down there ain't so nice . . .

Shaolin Crane 11-13-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 106800)
I'm under the impression Ryridesmotox is border patrol. Maybe shoot him a PM. I also have a friend who works customs and immigration, I'll ask him.

Are you sure this is not some sort of a shake down. You're not going into Mexico with a wad of cash to meet strangers are you? Some folks down there ain't so nice . . .

Hell no. I have a buddy who lives in calexico on the MX side, he's been meeting and arranging with the guy for me in my absence. The dude is going over to his business tomorrow so my buddy can inspect the truck and take pics for me. If it all checks out i'll take the greyhound to the border and my buddy will take me back across to his place, we'll complete the sale at the safety of his property and i'll drive my ass back (hopefully)

Vettezuki 11-13-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 106801)
Hell no. I have a buddy who lives in calexico on the MX side, he's been meeting and arranging with the guy for me in my absence. The dude is going over to his business tomorrow so my buddy can inspect the truck and take pics for me. If it all checks out i'll take the greyhound to the border and my buddy will take me back across to his place, we'll complete the sale at the safety of his property and i'll drive my ass back (hopefully)

Sounds good.

Shaolin Crane 11-13-2012 11:16 PM

Me sees the one who rides the moto viewing the thread

Ryridesmotox 11-14-2012 10:38 AM

Sorry fellas, I forget to close the browser on my phone sometimes and it leaves me logged in. I do work for the Border Patrol as an Agent. It really isn't in my scope as far as what you need to get across but... an birth certificate and drivers license should work, social security and driver's license.

To be technical about it, you really don't need anything, as an American citizen you have every right to be here. But based on the nature of who is crossing out border they need some way to verify who you are for security reasons. Basically hey want to make sure you are not a terrorist. If you have your birth certificate and a drivers license you should be straight.

Shaolin Crane 11-14-2012 11:23 AM

Perfect. Then I guess i'm going to mexico tomorrow.

Shaolin Crane 11-14-2012 11:25 AM

Another question. What about traveling with my side arm? Locked and unloaded when I pass of course.

Vettezuki 11-14-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 106830)
Another question. What about traveling with my side arm? Locked and unloaded when I pass of course.

Do NOT go into Mexico with a gun or at least be aware of the risk you are taking. That is a major violation there and if you get nickced on their side of the border you can be in a world of shit in a hurry. This is serious.

Quote:

Do not take this stuff to Mexico. Period.

Guns are illegal in Mexico. Do not attempt to cross the border with a gun and/or ammunition. You will be put in jail.

. . .
Guns and drugs mean jail time

Bringing guns into Mexico is a bad idea, period. Even a lone bullet rolling around in your trunk can get you thrown in jail . So if you have ever had any firearms, ammunition or associated paraphernalia in your vehicle, check it thoroughly for any remnants and remove them before going to Mexico. You do not want to play with this one.

Shaolin Crane 11-14-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 106831)
Do NOT go into Mexico with a gun or at least be aware of the risk you are taking. That is a major violation there and if you get nickced on their side of the border you can be in a world of shit in a hurry. This is serious.

Major violation or not, EVERYONE has iron over there. It's not a bad idea logically to bring it with me. I was asking specifically for entering the US with a registered hand gun, to an American citizen.

Even if I don't go with it, I have a good friend who made a call for me to "people" we'll call them to make sure that i'm looked out for. I just have a thing about traveling with my slug slinger, anywhere I go, it comes with me.

Ryridesmotox 11-14-2012 12:07 PM

Don't go to mexico with it. The federal PD there will find it and will take it, and you, to a prison that has no rules like ours for well being. And on the way back if you got caught customs would shit the bed. They have no concept about dealing with armed citizens like I do. They sit in their box all day.

Vettezuki 11-14-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox (Post 106835)
Don't go to mexico with it. The federal PD there will find it and will take it, and you, to a prison that has no rules like ours for well being. And on the way back if you got caught customs would shit the bed. They have no concept about dealing with armed citizens like I do. They sit in their box all day.

:iagree:

Ryridesmotox 11-14-2012 12:10 PM

The difference between you and 'everyone' there I'd that the 'everyone' you speak of belong to organizations that contribute Billions every year to many politician's ummm shall we call them "children's college funds" (safety and hookers) You sir, don't lol. Unless you are holding out on us!

Shaolin Crane 11-14-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox (Post 106837)
The difference between you and 'everyone' there I'd that the 'everyone' you speak of belong to organizations that contribute Billions every year to many politician's ummm shall we call them "children's college funds" (safety and hookers) You sir, don't lol. Unless you are holding out on us!

Well. uhm, yeah I uhm no contributions, uhm but yeah. We'll leave it at that.

Shaolin Crane 11-14-2012 04:57 PM

So, little update on the truck. The seller sent some VERY high res pics today. Trucks been repainted and has some orange peel but nothing that cant be wet sanded. Also found out while speaking to his wife (translator) that he's Federal P.D. and can bring the truck across the border for me to chula vista. Which just so happens to have an AAA office as well, so i'll be able to obtain the temp permit to drive it home. Woot! So friday i'll be making my trip to get my new truck.

fiveohwblow 11-14-2012 07:33 PM

This thread needs some help

Shaolin Crane 11-14-2012 07:35 PM

Word. :drool:

Shaolin Crane 11-14-2012 07:41 PM

I'll be a band waggoner

fiveohwblow 11-14-2012 07:50 PM

YESPLEASE :drool:

Shaolin Crane 11-14-2012 09:17 PM

Shaolin Crane 11-14-2012 09:22 PM

Vettezuki 11-15-2012 12:09 AM

The seller accepted our counter offer to their counter offer. Now it's a bit tense because they insist on closing by 12/26 or they'll cancel the purchase agreement and keep the property. Thanks Obama! This is a tax related issue as the investment sur tax for funding Obama-care takes effect on January 1st and that makes a difference of tens of thousands to them. Unfortunately the lenders are Fucking swamped so it might be a little tight. Fingers crossed.

Vettezuki 11-15-2012 12:24 AM

My personal favorite Cybernetic Lifeform Node: No. 8.

Ryridesmotox 11-15-2012 12:26 AM

Ugh not into Asians.I like white chicks with big tits

Vettezuki 11-15-2012 01:50 AM

Physical attraction is a fascinating subject. Purely subjective and based on both biological and cultural factors. As for me, I'm attracted to a fairly large range of women, any race or mix, fairly petite to Amazon queen, doesn't matter so much to me. My wife is a petite Japanese, the attraction was more on common interest and personality. Curiously, God forbid, if anything happened to her, I would probably end up with another Japanese because at this point the way I communicate and relate to a woman has been profoundly influenced by that experience. Worse, she's quirky for Japanese so I'd have a real hard time. Here's hoping it's never a problem.