Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   RX-Snake (Project Car) (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   RX-Snake: Engine Related (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1054)

joedls 01-12-2009 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 13359)
Born in 1951:leaving:

I was born in 1961. You're 10 yrs older than I am. You don't look too bad for a card carrying member of AARP.

joedls 01-12-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 13319)
Roger. I'll put the carb acquisition into a holding pattern until you give clearance. Can you post pics of the parts that are needed? I think you said shaft housing and end plate. I'll do some rooting around and see what I can find.

I think I'm going to Pomona to the Swapmeet on Sunday. I'll be looking for these parts, among other things. I'll probably take my wife's VW bus and try to sell it there. Anyone wanna go?

Vettezuki 01-12-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 13379)
I think I'm going to Pomona to the Swapmeet on Sunday. I'll be looking for these parts, among other things. I'll probably take my wife's VW bus and try to sell it there. Anyone wanna go?

Is that like one of those in the morning things? Put me in for tentative but I'm REALLY not a morning person. . .

joedls 01-12-2009 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 13387)
Is that like one of those in the morning things? Put me in for tentative but I'm REALLY not a morning person. . .

The best deals are always first thing in the morning. I'll be there with the VW first thing, but I'll be there till early afternoon unless someone buys the bus.

Vettezuki 01-12-2009 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 13390)
The best deals are always first thing in the morning. I'll be there with the VW first thing, but I'll be there till early afternoon unless someone buys the bus.

Define "first thing in the morning". BTW, is that the one where they have the Vette corral. :huh:

joedls 01-12-2009 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 13391)
Define "first thing in the morning". BTW, is that the one where they have the Vette corral. :huh:

Yup. First thing means I'm usually there by 6.

Vettezuki 01-13-2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 13392)
Yup. First thing means I'm usually there by 6.

Mmm, bed time. . . I give it 50/50. Can you get new bits there as well? Depending on how some other things shake out, maybe I'll get some ignition stuff, starter, rear sump pan, pickup, etc. While Ron has the car for caging I'd like to kick the ball as far down field as possible for engine stuff.

big2bird 01-13-2009 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 13393)
Mmm, bed time. . . I give it 50/50. Can you get new bits there as well? Depending on how some other things shake out, maybe I'll get some ignition stuff, starter, rear sump pan, pickup, etc. While Ron has the car for caging I'd like to kick the ball as far down field as possible for engine stuff.

All the GOOD stuff is long gone at Pomona, or it's stupid money.
You can buy a brand new MSD streetfire HEI for $150 at Summit.
Starter, you get one cheap at the Zone, and forfeit the $10 core charge
Pan? The cheap Chinese chrome ones leak like sieves.
Get a used Milodon or Canton or Moroso or Hamburger on the bay, or you MIGHT find one at Pomona
. You can always add trap doors and a deep sump to a stocker for little $$$. Melling oil pumps and HV pickups are $40 all day at Top's.

BRUTAL64 01-13-2009 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 13387)

Yea, 5:30 AM is what time I used to get there.:barf:

Vettezuki 01-13-2009 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 13399)
All the GOOD stuff is long gone at Pomona, or it's stupid money.
You can buy a brand new MSD streetfire HEI for $150 at Summit.
Starter, you get one cheap at the Zone, and forfeit the $10 core charge
Pan? The cheap Chinese chrome ones leak like sieves.
Get a used Milodon or Canton or Moroso or Hamburger on the bay, or you MIGHT find one at Pomona
. You can always add trap doors and a deep sump to a stocker for little $$$. Melling oil pumps and HV pickups are $40 all day at Top's.

Thanks for the heads up bird. What's Top's though?