Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Derailers Anonymous (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34166)

94cobra69ss396 11-08-2012 10:33 AM

Me too but I think 600-650rwhp would be just fine and is a lot move power than anything I have now. The Chevelle only put down 461rwhp on the engine.

Shaolin Crane 11-08-2012 11:13 AM

That's about all i'd shoot for unless I was drag racing

Shaolin Crane 11-08-2012 03:08 PM

Man, I have the worst luck with injuries. Of all the shit I do, getting punched in the face, punching people, kicking trees and other bone strengthening drills. I have the oddest things that injure me. I had a tic tac split my molar in half. Back spasm that pulled 2 ribs from my spine, now today. I stepped over a case of water and somehow fractured my right knee. I've broken it pretty badly before so this is likely an aftershock of prior injuries.

Vettezuki 11-08-2012 03:22 PM

You're going to be in a wheelchair by 30 . . . like a rodeo clown.

Vettezuki 11-08-2012 03:25 PM

We'll see how it goes, but may be fixing to buy a family compound. Yes, for serious. 10 acres on a hill with some awesome views, 1,000 square foot shop, orchard, well (needs fix'n) and stuff. I have to pay a price in commute distance, my present 4 miles to 40, but it's gonna be worth it overall I think. Plus I need some shake up in my life. I've wanted land for a long time and this is a peculiar opportunity in a weird ass market condition. So, gotta strike while the iron is hot.

The neighbor with a water tank lightly camoflauged in the trees. He also has a hell of a solar array and wind turbine. I'm guess'n he might be one of "those" guys.

Shaolin Crane 11-08-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 106504)
You're going to be in a wheelchair by 30 . . . like a rodeo clown.

Sadly my doctor made the same joke :(
He did say though that since most of my nerve endings are dead I wont actually feel my body falling apart

94cobra69ss396 11-08-2012 06:31 PM

That sucks Guy.

Ben, that's awesome. I hope all goes well.

enkeivette 11-08-2012 07:53 PM

650 as reasonable?? Im not making more than that

enkeivette 11-08-2012 07:55 PM

I really want a straight line car that will do a wheelie on the street. As much power as I can reasonably make on 91 octane. Like a GN or 4th gen F-body

enkeivette 11-08-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 106512)
Sadly my doctor made the same joke :(
He did say though that since most of my nerve endings are dead I wont actually feel my body falling apart

Why dont you fight professionally if youre all about it? MMA or something.

Shaolin Crane 11-08-2012 07:58 PM

Good luck doing a wheelie on the street

enkeivette 11-08-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 106464)
Me too but I think 600-650rwhp would be just fine and is a lot move power than anything I have now. The Chevelle only put down 461rwhp on the engine.

Thats good, 460 is gay but 461 is bad ass. Thats the cut off

enkeivette 11-08-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 106527)
Good luck doing a wheelie on the street

It can be done, already proved it to you :p hahaha

Shaolin Crane 11-08-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 106526)
Why dont you fight professionally if youre all about it? MMA or something.

No money in professional fighting, at least not for a very very long time. Besides, It's not just the fighting I enjoy, it's the martial arts as a whole. I've done amateur fights and didn't enjoy it much. Mostly they want you to fight as many times in a night as it takes until you lose or they're happy.

Doesn't mean I can't put forth as much effort into it as if it was my livelihood. That's what martial arts is all about. I made my profession in the exact area I wanted.

Shaolin Crane 11-08-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 106529)

No you didn't. You found a video where someone prepped their home street just as the would the track. Hardly a cry from doing a wheelie at a street light, Dominic.

Vettezuki 11-08-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 106528)

:sm_laughing:

enkeivette 11-09-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 106461)
I'd only make as much horsepower as I could afford to use. No need to make 800rwhp if i'm afraid to drive the car because the trans will grenade, axles snap, control arms break or running the sump dry. I like to build my cars in a useable window. The blue car and the gray car are both perfect examples of this, my diesel, well that was my lesson.

And not everyone can afford to build a car with all the right pieces at once: me. Like I keep saying, plans to upgrade to the 12 bolt, axle hoops, and now 13.5" Z51 brakes sitting in my garage thanks to Carlos... then my car will be able to make use of the power ;)

94cobra69ss396 11-09-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 106528)

I was just stating what the dyno sheet said which was 461rwhp and 462rwtq.

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 106529)

Like Guy said, launching on a prepped street isn't the same as launching on a normal street. Even with my slicks on if I floor the Chevelle from a stop on the street it will spin the tires and that without the transbrake or N2O. At the track the car pulls the front tire about an inch or two.

fiveohwblow 11-09-2012 10:52 AM

My car is so powerful I can't register it. Asphalt tears below it, so the DOT restricted me.

My penis is subsequently just as large. Imagine that.

Shaolin Crane 11-09-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 106560)
And not everyone can afford to build a car with all the right pieces at once: me. Like I keep saying, plans to upgrade to the 12 bolt, axle hoops, and now 13.5" Z51 brakes sitting in my garage thanks to Carlos... then my car will be able to make use of the power ;)

And i'm just saying I work the other way around. Start with suspension, brakes, safety, then move to the motor. You subsequently have a safer car and is plenty fun till the power goes in.

enkeivette 11-09-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiveohwblow (Post 106564)
My car is so powerful I can't register it. Asphalt tears below it, so the DOT restricted me.

My penis is subsequently just as large. Imagine that.

Lol, nice. I dont know if youre trying to make fun, but Im prob one of the most humble guys on here. Im not saying my car is the fastest car on the forum, Im sure its not... but its still the fastest thing Ive ever driven. And it impresses me every time.

If anyone has large penis syndrome its Guy. Haha, sorry Guy... you pro racing Bruce Lee nerve damaged mother fucker you. Lol. I kid though, jack of all trades is very impressive. I wish I knew how to fight.

enkeivette 11-09-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 106568)
And i'm just saying I work the other way around. Start with suspension, brakes, safety, then move to the motor. You subsequently have a safer car and is plenty fun till the power goes in.

More Dangerous = More Fun

Haha

enkeivette 11-09-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 106531)
No money in professional fighting, at least not for a very very long time. Besides, It's not just the fighting I enjoy, it's the martial arts as a whole. I've done amateur fights and didn't enjoy it much. Mostly they want you to fight as many times in a night as it takes until you lose or they're happy.

Doesn't mean I can't put forth as much effort into it as if it was my livelihood. That's what martial arts is all about. I made my profession in the exact area I wanted.

No I understand completely, sort of like how I have no interest in racing my car.

I want to take up kick boxing or ju jitsu or something like that. Something thatll teach me how to throw punches with less time invested... I dont have ten years to learn karate and proper form. Or maybe I do... but dont want to. Ha

fiveohwblow 11-09-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 106569)
Lol, nice. I dont know if youre trying to make fun, but Im prob one of the most humble guys on here. Im not saying my car is the fastest car on the forum, Im sure its not... but its still the fastest thing Ive ever driven. And it impresses me every time.

If anyone has large penis syndrome its Guy. Haha, sorry Guy... you pro racing Bruce Lee nerve damaged mother fucker you. Lol. I kid though, jack of all trades is very impressive. I wish I knew how to fight.

Lol not poking at you directly. I've just noticed car guys swing dicks based on how fast their cars are so I make fun of that nomenclature.

enkeivette 11-09-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiveohwblow (Post 106575)
Lol not poking at you directly. I've just noticed car guys swing dicks based on how fast their cars are so I make fun of that nomenclature.

Oh no, Im not trying to boast. But I hadnt fully put my foot into the car for a long ass time, and Ive never been in another car with lots of power. So after a few months of driving my Jeep it makes me giddy.

In hs the fastest car I had ever been in was an LS f body, bone stock. Then Seans Cobra (before the pulley and tune I think?) so Im hp deprived.

I want someone to give me a ride in a 9/ 10 second car.

Shaolin Crane 11-09-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 106571)
No I understand completely, sort of like how I have no interest in racing my car.

I want to take up kick boxing or ju jitsu or something like that. Something thatll teach me how to throw punches with less time invested... I dont have ten years to learn karate and proper form. Or maybe I do... but dont want to. Ha

If you want to throw punches kickboxing and jiujitsu are not what you want. Kempo, krav maga, or san shao.

Shaolin Crane 11-09-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 106569)

I do. Its so large i keep a hose reel in my pants. In all seriousness, i've never claimed to be a pro driver, or even a great one. Adequate more like, i've said many times i'd like to toss Ron and Carlos the keys to my race car for a comparative lesson.

However, i'm a jack of all trades because i'm poor. Some day i'd like to have my badge and go to the dojo in my toys without working on jack shit.

Vettezuki 11-09-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 106579)
If you want to throw punches kickboxing and jiujitsu are not what you want. Kempo, krav maga, or san shao.

AFAIK, Krav Maga and Systema (Russian, but quite similar) are the most to the point combat effective real world martial arts I'm aware of. They teach brutality to end fights as fast possible, defending against multiple attackers, and disarming an armed attacker. They spend a lot of time getting your head wrapped around the idea of being massively violent without any real restrictions to an opponent. I would actually like to pick up some basic hand to hand self defense skills, but I don't want to hurt my hands in the process (musician).

If I had forever I'd do Aikido. Not really that physically practical, but I just like the style and philosophy. Though the way it's still taught in Japan is much closer to its Aikijutsu roots, which was a genuine martial (combat) art. But it's designed for fighting armored people, so sort of all about locks and breaks given that punching someone in armor is of limited utility.

Along similar lines for psychological/mental reasons, I'd like to do Kendo.

Shaolin Crane 11-09-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 106593)
AFAIK, Krav Maga and Systema (Russian, but quite similar) are the most to the point combat effective real world martial arts I'm aware of. They teach brutality to end fights as fast possible, defending against multiple attackers, and disarming an armed attacker. They spend a lot of time getting your head wrapped around the idea of being massively violent without any real restrictions to an opponent. I would actually like to pick up some basic hand to hand self defense skills, but I don't want to hurt my hands in the process (musician).

If I had forever I'd do Aikido. Not really that physically practical, but I just like the style and philosophy. Though the way it's still taught in Japan is much closer to its Aikijutsu roots, which was a genuine martial (combat) art. But it's designed for fighting armored people, so sort of all about locks and breaks given that punching someone in armor is of limited utility.

Along similar lines for psychological/mental reasons, I'd like to do Kendo.

Shorinji Kempo is the same FYI. Most techniques when performed are identical and very difficult to decipher between the two. As with san shao. In fact san shao is the oldest of the combat martial arts, next shaolin chuan fa, then shorinji kempo.

Aikido was developed by the samurai as a way to defend themselves while in armor without their swords, or if someone was too close to practically draw their sword.

Kempo, kung fu, tai chi, muay thai, ninjutsu(although requires a great deal of prior training) would all be perfectly acceptable forms of practical defense to practice without injury to your hands.

If you're just looking for an art to practice for the sake of discipline, shinkendo(battojutsu) kendo, happkido, budo arts, jiujitsu, so bak doh, and ecsrima would fit well.

Vettezuki 11-09-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 106598)
Shorinji Kempo is the same FYI. Most techniques when performed are identical and very difficult to decipher between the two. As with san shao. In fact san shao is the oldest of the combat martial arts, next shaolin chuan fa, then shorinji kempo.

Aikido was developed by the samurai as a way to defend themselves while in armor without their swords, or if someone was too close to practically draw their sword.

Kempo, kung fu, tai chi, muay thai, ninjutsu(although requires a great deal of prior training) would all be perfectly acceptable forms of practical defense to practice without injury to your hands.

If you're just looking for an art to practice for the sake of discipline, shinkendo(battojutsu) kendo, happkido, budo arts, jiujitsu, so bak doh, and ecsrima would fit well.

I did Aikido for a while. While it grew out of Aikijutsu, which was a Samurai martial art, it is relatively new and integrates many thoughts of the founder on peace and harmony. For example, there are no strikes really and everything is oriented around redirection. It's essentially an anti-agressive "martial" art. Which is what I like about it . . but, in a street fight bar room brawl, not sure how useful it would be, plus takes a long time to get good at since it depends heavily on being extremely aware of yourself and your opponent. At it's best though, it's pretty gnarly what a far weaker person can do to a far stronger one.

FTR, motochi, my partner and background coder of MG has been training and teaching San Su Kung Fu for decades.

Vettezuki 11-09-2012 05:49 PM

Put an offer in on some property. There are a couple other interested parties, including a Buddhist temple, but I think we're the first ones in with a solid offer. We'll see how it goes.

Shaolin Crane 11-09-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 106601)
I did Aikido for a while. While it grew out of Aikijutsu, which was a Samurai martial art, it is relatively new and integrates many thoughts of the founder on peace and harmony. For example, there are no strikes really and everything is oriented around redirection. It's essentially an anti-agressive "martial" art. Which is what I like about it . . but, in a street fight bar room brawl, not sure how useful it would be, plus takes a long time to get good at since it depends heavily on being extremely aware of yourself and your opponent. At it's best though, it's pretty gnarly what a far weaker person can do to a far stronger one.

FTR, motochi, my partner and background coder of MG has been training and teaching San Su Kung Fu for decades.

Like I said, it was developed not for damage, but exactly as you stated, for redirecting in close attackers then following up with a different sort of attack, sword, tonfa, boken, kama, hand strike etc. If you'd like i'd be happy to teach you battojutsu/shinkendo.

And I recall you saying motochi was an avid instructor as well.

Vettezuki 11-09-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 106604)
Like I said, it was developed not for damage, but exactly as you stated, for redirecting in close attackers then following up with a different sort of attack, sword, tonfa, boken, kama, hand strike etc.

And I recall you saying motochi was an avid instructor as well.

I guess all I'm saying is making a distinction between Aikido and its direct ancestor.

DaitoRyu AikiJuJutsu= fuck their shit up, goal to kill, functional martial art

Aikido = disable with least amount of damage, minimal force doctrine,

Quote:

If you'd like i'd be happy to teach you battojutsu/shinkendo.
I'll keep it in mind. :)

Shaolin Crane 11-09-2012 07:00 PM

I guess the training I received in battoujutsu when labeled as aikido was radically different when used in conjunction with a sword. It wasnt about not causing harm, just putting yourself in a better position to fuck shit up.

Shaolin Crane 11-10-2012 02:31 PM

Potential new trucks

Unfortunately none are 4x4. But all less then 4k and all diesel

Shaolin Crane 11-10-2012 05:40 PM

I'm torn, the first truck is by far the cleanest. Original owner, clean inside and out, all records availabe. But Vanessa says the color looks ghey. The second, crew cab, slightly less miles, but I get a weird feeling about. That and for whatever reason is looking fucking dated. Where as the blue one I actually like the color and doesnt look so old. Not sure If I can do without a crew cab though.

Ryridesmotox 11-11-2012 01:37 AM

Whichever is cheaper... plastic dip the whole truck black... weld in straight pipe exhaust... put some decent looking wheels on if.

Vettezuki 11-11-2012 01:59 AM

Not this year, but last, I actually saw a truck at the OC Car Show that had a bedliner finish over the whole truck. It had a note, and it seemed serious, not ironic, that said, "Do Not Touch."

Shaolin Crane 11-11-2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 106650)
Not this year, but last, I actually saw a truck at the OC Car Show that had a bedliner finish over the whole truck. It had a note, and it seemed serious, not ironic, that said, "Do Not Touch."

I had a buddy who did the entire truck. Added 750lbs when all said and done.

Shaolin Crane 11-11-2012 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox (Post 106647)
Whichever is cheaper... plastic dip the whole truck black... weld in straight pipe exhaust... put some decent looking wheels on if.

Or I can spend the same amount of effort that I would plasti dipping it and actually make the truck look presentable. :huh:

I'm going with the blue one, paint is in excellent shape, he's the original owners, interior is in excellent condition, all records available. He wants 3750, has high miles 288k, but its not an issue for the engine, however i'll be buying a spare trans to work on before the original pops.

The crew cab is what I want but has had shoddy paint repair that is yellowing, looks like its been through it's paces and I get a weird feeling about it. And the one in hollywood looks fuckin beat and the owner is super hard to get a hold of.