Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   RX-Snake (Project Car) (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   RX-Snake: Project Management and General Issues (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1033)

Shaolin Crane 05-11-2010 09:02 AM

so whats still needed? i have buttloads of SBF parts that im not using

Vettezuki 05-11-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 51250)
so whats still needed? i have buttloads of SBF parts that im not using

Dizzy
Plugs and Wires
Head Gaskets
Oil Pan Gasket
Headers and gaskets

Note this is a 60s Era SBF 302. I think these parts are common up through the 80s 5.0, but I'm not 100% sure.

Shaolin Crane 05-11-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 51252)
Dizzy
Plugs and Wires
Head Gaskets
Oil Pan Gasket
Headers and gaskets

Note this is a 60s Era SBF 302. I think these parts are common up through the 80s 5.0, but I'm not 100% sure.

i have stock headers for a 88 5.0 if that would work

Vettezuki 05-11-2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 51255)
i have stock headers for a 88 5.0 if that would work

I'll keep it in mind. Probably gonna go with some LT Swap Headers. Thanks for your consideration. Maybe I can suck you into a work day when I get rolling again. :)

89StangGuy 05-11-2010 11:30 AM

I think I might have some stuff to donate to your project. I have a shit ton of SBF Parts. I think i have a complete motor gasket set, header gaskets, head gasket, valve cover gaskets, intake gaskets, i also have a noisy gear drive. I Can probably just donate the gaskets if you need them. I'm in the process of looking for another fox body, but i have alot of parts i have sitting around i might be able to donate. Let me know.

Vettezuki 05-11-2010 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 89StangGuy (Post 51261)
I think I might have some stuff to donate to your project. I have a shit ton of SBF Parts. I think i have a complete motor gasket set, header gaskets, head gasket, valve cover gaskets, intake gaskets, i also have a noisy gear drive. I Can probably just donate the gaskets if you need them. I'm in the process of looking for another fox body, but i have alot of parts i have sitting around i might be able to donate. Let me know.

We'll be in need of all gaskets. Since we'll be running boost, I want to use MLS HGs, but for everything else, regular stuff would be great. Gear drive for timing (right?) would be cool, whatever you feel like throw'n in. :drink:

89StangGuy 05-11-2010 01:32 PM

Ok, well i've been trying to pick up another fox body. But I've been looking for a notch back 5.0. Haven't been having any good luck finding any. So I'm almost at the brink of giving up looking for a Ford and picking up a chevy. I have a 77 Nova but it's all stock, and slow as nuts. But as for the the gaskets, i have alot of doubles, so I'll get them together and when i plan on going to a meet which probably wont be soon (lack of car) i can hand them over to the proper people. And yes it's for timing, it's the noisy type so it might sound like you have two blowers, but if i end up not finding a mustang soon, I might think about throwing it in.

94cobra69ss396 05-11-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 51252)
Dizzy
Plugs and Wires
Head Gaskets
Oil Pan Gasket
Headers and gaskets

Ben, the block is an 87 or newer roller block, not a 60's. Remember when we took it apart it had the spider tray in the top that holds the roller lifters in place? That's how you can tell that it's the newer block. The older blocks didn't have those.

Vettezuki 05-11-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 51277)
Ben, the block is an 87 or newer roller block, not a 60's. Remember when we took it apart it had the spider tray in the top that holds the roller lifters in place? That's how you can tell that it's the newer block. The older blocks didn't have those.

Didn't remember. Just remebered the motor came out of Joe's sixty something. :judge:

Shaolin Crane 05-11-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 51256)
I'll keep it in mind. Probably gonna go with some LT Swap Headers. Thanks for your consideration. Maybe I can suck you into a work day when I get rolling again. :)

sure, i have many specialty tools that i could bring over and help with, i also have a friend that fabricates headers...