Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   4th Annual Angeles Crest Cruise May 15th! (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27562)

wkarma 05-15-2011 08:34 PM

Maybe next time we can figure out a way to mass-text important info to cut down on the confusion or something.

SeanPlunk 05-15-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wkarma (Post 74809)
Maybe next time we can figure out a way to mass-text important info to cut down on the confusion or something.

No signal on the mountain :suicide:

sinaSRT-4 05-15-2011 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wkarma (Post 74809)

It can be as simple as a sign that we can use to show the person behind us that we either need to turn around or keep going/safe to proceed. Mass text would not work but a simple jester can travel fairly quick to everyone that's following. Of course, if someone is too far back with unknown cars in between they would simply know that everything is cool if no one has gone back. :thumbs_up:

sinaSRT-4 05-15-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkestSpade (Post 74808)
Had a great time as always! Little ticket is no biggie for me. Posted all my pictures up on the Picture thread!

We were told that the CHP had closed the road...:bang: Then we heard that it was just front license plate tickets--after we had gone back to the meet spot. We need to do the ACH run again. :jester:

wkarma 05-15-2011 09:01 PM

By the time I got to the turn point, every car I could see was turning around. Maybe a few more marshals spread out through the pack with FRS radios?

Lead car is fine and dandy until the group gets strung out and you can't see em anymore!

Lead, trail, and a couple in the middle to help move info around would have saved the day!

SeanPlunk 05-15-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sinaSRT-4 (Post 74814)
We were told that the CHP had closed the road...:bang: Then we heard that it was just front license plate tickets--after we had gone back to the meet spot. We need to do the ACH run again. :jester:

THAT SUCKS! The road was definitely open, and awesome. I feel bad for you guys. By the time I drove up and figured out what was going on, everyone was turning around and bolting.

silverscmustang 05-15-2011 09:45 PM

well good thing i didnt have my car and couldnt go, no front plate here lol

cant wait till the next one Sean. Hopefully my car is ready to go next time.

kdracer73 05-15-2011 10:19 PM

The guys coming back down where yelling " FIVE-OH " I'm thinking " 5.0 ? Chit man, that's nothin, I gots 6.2 " :sm_laughing:

mciggy 05-15-2011 11:09 PM

we should definitely do this one again

Vettezuki 05-15-2011 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mciggy (Post 74833)
we should definitely do this one again

We do ACH a minimum of once a year, usually twice. I'm actually talking Sean about possibly re-running this one next month instead of the scheduled Palomar since so many people bailed.