Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   RX-Snake (Project Car) (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   RX-Snake: Body, Paint, Name, Logos (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1053)

SeanPlunk 03-20-2009 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 18351)
It's suppose to be cold on saturday.:)

LOL, I hate you :p

BRUTAL64 03-20-2009 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 18353)
LOL, I hate you :p

You know I didn't mean any disrespect. Just watchin out for ya.:thumbs_up:

SeanPlunk 03-20-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 18364)
You know I didn't mean any disrespect. Just watchin out for ya.:thumbs_up:

I know buddy. You're coming tomorrow, right?

Vettezuki 03-20-2009 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 18349)
What time are we starting? I really want to learn the body work stuff so I want to be there at the beginning.

I'd say no earlier than 11. Honestly the first parts are going to be a lot of setup and head scrtching, just getting it up in the air for easier working. A lot of cleaning . . . on second thought be there at 11 and get ready to be dirty. . .

BRUTAL64 03-20-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 18366)
I know buddy. You're coming tomorrow, right?

No, I had no plans to go anywhere on Saturday. Just what you guys need, me telling you are doing everything all wrong.:judge:

Anyway, it's going to be too cold.

Vettezuki 03-20-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kameleongt (Post 18340)
I'll drop off a gal of rage extreme,what glaze did you guys want?, ill have a few rolls of each grit for you guys also

I think we're good for glaze at the moment. We'll have a meeting of the minds tomorrow on what kind of filler we like to use according to the work to be done. enkei was voicing some concern about using rage on anything that flexes. I know nothing about this subject so it's all new to me. Tomorrow, we'll mostly just be setting it up, cleaning and beginning the scuffing process as well as thinking about what we really want the bumpers and flares to look like.

BRUTAL64 03-20-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 18382)
I think we're good for glaze at the moment. We'll have a meeting of the minds tomorrow on what kind of filler we like to use according to the work to be done. enkei was voicing some concern about using rage on anything that flexes. I know nothing about this subject so it's all new to me. Tomorrow, we'll mostly just be setting it up, cleaning and beginning the scuffing process as well as thinking about what we really want the bumpers and flares to look like.

You don't need any help from me? You know how I do body work. :drink:

kameleongt 03-20-2009 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 18382)

I have some rage gold with me and ill have it at my buddies house down the street incase you guys want to try it or need it

Vettezuki 03-20-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kameleongt (Post 18399)
I have some rage gold with me and ill have it at my buddies house down the street incase you guys want to try it or need it

Cool. My brother filled me in on Rage a bit.

Rage will be used for skim coating, filling in small imperfections, etc. Not for "bonding", major dings and certainly nothing structural.

When Aaron shows up around 5-6 we can review material usage and make sure we're all on the same page and have a common understanding.

So we'll focus on just the labor bits of cleaning, stripping, scuffing and the like. Then pondering what kind of bumpers we want. We'll hold off on "flare" discussion until Aaron gets there because he's had some other thoughts, but there's plenty to do until then for sure.

kameleongt 03-21-2009 12:42 AM

I will most likely roll by around 12 ish see if you guys are out there :x i will be at my buddies down the street at 8 in the morning working on some stuff with him. feel free to give me a call and ill roll by anytime after 10 numbers 7147206865 `Art