Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   RX-Snake (Project Car) (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   RX-Snake: Project Management and General Issues (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1033)

Vettezuki 08-24-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 30298)
Okay Ben. I'm off for 3 weeks. Let's hook up and go to Chuck at ABC Welding, and get that part going.

I am also curious. Did the recycler accept the shocks/struts. I have two more sets of shocks/rotors here for ya, along with a Lincoln bumper.

I've worked on almost every car/truck that my crew at work has.:smack:

My in-laws leave on Wednesday morning. Can I drop by in the afternoon?

Yes the recycler to all the steel scrap, including shocks, at $70 ton. I didn't have to separate anything. That was the minor portion at like $35. The stripped copper came in at $115. :hail:

big2bird 08-25-2009 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 30301)
My in-laws leave on Wednesday morning. Can I drop by in the afternoon?

Yes the recycler to all the steel scrap, including shocks, at $70 ton. I didn't have to separate anything. That was the minor portion at like $35. The stripped copper came in at $115. :hail:

Yep. Just give me a ring. Chuck is there till 5PM.

Vettezuki 11-18-2009 09:17 AM

All right kids, the new biz is now up and running (and hemorrhaging money like all good new businesses). There will be dangling issues and it'll be a little while before I have the couple g of play money I need to finish RX-Snake, but I'm starting to have time to work on it again. My brother and I are going to start putting in time every week on Tuesday's, and I'll catch what I can on the weekends as well.

Likewise, big2bird has the blower and is putting it back together.

enkeivette 11-18-2009 06:36 PM

Count me in, in a few weeks. I have about a month off after finals. We need to get the body done and primered at least.

big2bird 11-19-2009 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 38330)

Likewise, big2bird has the blower and is putting it back together.

Kinda. It's at Doug's, and close to landing with the right guy. It may take the winter, but it will be done right and cheap/free.:nuts:

enkeivette 11-19-2009 10:55 PM

Is it just me or does Bird know a guy for everything?

Vettezuki 11-19-2009 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 38435)

He knows some people. And when he doesn't, he knows people who do.

big2bird 11-20-2009 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 38435)

I have people. And like Ben says, my people have people. Iv'e just been around this hobby since I was 16 or so. That's a LONG time guys.

The guy that won Pebble Beach one year with the oldest known Model T Ford in existence sat next to me in H.S. He took over that job from me, although he was/is the better man for the job. He later became president of the Model T Ford Club of America for about 10 years running. we are still close friends.

The one master craftsman I can't seem to find anymore is a leadworker. I have just about given up. Although I do know a few 'show quality" bodywork/painters now.

It's getting quite hard to find good people now, but I keep my ears open. There are still guys around here that pour in place and machine babbitt bearings. Truely a dying art form.

joedls 11-20-2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 38464)

The one master craftsman I can't seem to find anymore is a leadworker. I have just about given up. Although I do know a few 'show quality" bodywork/painters now.

I had a guy that did lead work. His name was Art Barker of Barker Customs. He did several projects with Stan Betz. Unfortunately Art fell victim to a brain tumor last year. He was a neat old guy and a magician with metal.

big2bird 12-15-2009 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joedls (Post 38470)
I had a guy that did lead work. His name was Art Barker of Barker Customs. He did several projects with Stan Betz. Unfortunately Art fell victim to a brain tumor last year. He was a neat old guy and a magician with metal.

http://www.customclassictrucks.com/f.../photo_06.html

Yep. Art did the panels on the 2032. Never did meet him, but heard about him from Leonard Jennings.