Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Drunken Brawl Cafe (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Conspiracy (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=995)

redvetracr 01-01-2009 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Dep (Post 12225)
The problem is people are looking for a career that pays big money TO START. With the economy going down the drain those jobs will be non-existent. A "good JOB" in todays market is gonna end up being a Walmart greeter or flipping burgers at the local fast food chain. Many people won't take those jobs, so they sponge off girlfriends, parents, or society. Or they will turn to a life of crime, which includes scamming and FRAUD. The ones that pick scamming and fraud better be ready for the consequences. All it takes is ripping off the wrong guy and you will get a visit from "fat Louie", and he doesn't give a damn about BS excuses. :nutkick::crutches:

I would pay money to see db in a fast food outfit (hat and all) flipping burgers at MacDonalds....

big2bird 01-01-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redvetracr (Post 12239)
I would pay money to see db in a fast food outfit (hat and all) flipping burgers at MacDonalds....

Offer him a job. Need your house painted? How about a dual winshield washer pump? He can make you one. I know, I read the thread. Mr Harris says it's quite a work of art.:sm_laughing:

DJ Dep 01-01-2009 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redvetracr (Post 12239)

ROFLMAO!!!! :rolling: Hey!!!! There's two ways for DB to make money. Flip burgers and we will pay to see him do it!!! I would pay just for a picture of him mopping the greezy floors at Macs!!!!

redvetracr 01-01-2009 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Dep (Post 12242)
ROFLMAO!!!! :rolling: Hey!!!! There's two ways for DB to make money. Flip burgers and we will pay to see him do it!!! I would pay just for a picture of him mopping the greezy floors at Macs!!!!

unfortunately he probably isn`t qualified to do either job.....

big2bird 01-02-2009 08:24 AM

Quote:

"Not professionally" (Of course):smack:

Rodsknockin 01-04-2009 07:38 AM

Quote:

Yeh but you want him in short shorts the same way you prefer all your men.:smack:

redvetracr 01-04-2009 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodsknockin (Post 12462)
Yeh but you want him in short shorts the same way you prefer all your men.:smack:

besides YOU who said a word about shorts?? I think those trips to the GAY burger bar and whatever they are serving as a "beverage" are rotting your brain cells...what brain cells you have left that is....

Red 01-04-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwplot34 (Post 12221)
Now that there is funny :rolling: Beware of the Kool-aid dispensing super hero :barf:

D_B since you have so many friends that speak on your behalf,about what kind of stand up,generous,giving,donating,and soon to be accepted into Saint hood,guy that you are. How come none of them give you the money to take of your debt???????????????????
Insert your pathetic story here.

Well put, after my first post about not receiving the paid for heads on CF, many members there were on DB's side. That would be the, "Durango_Boy Where are My Heads" thread. This really upset me, but not much I could do with the mods there on his side and locking the thread. When DW offered to start a thread to pass the hat, I accepted. My goal was to see how many of those who supported DB, and put me down, were willing to buy their hero's debt. I would have taken their money, but not from those who were just trying to help me. A pit buddy giving me $50 in sympathy wasn't my goal. It turned out his supporters were hard to find when it was going to cost them, so I declined the offers made. The comment I like best was to collect to pay an attorney to prosecute. You are so right, where are those DB supporters in his time of needed support? Could it be the Kool-Aid has worn off?

DJ Dep 01-04-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 12467)
The comment I like best was to collect to pay an attorney to prosecute.

Heh-heh...I will take credit for that comment :D

But that may have been what got the thread locked down. Would be kinda cool to suddenly see money start pouring in to see DB locked up in jail :thumbs_up:

mybad79 01-04-2009 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 12467)
Well put, after my first post about not receiving the paid for heads on CF, many members there were on DB's side. That would be the, "Durango_Boy Where are My Heads" thread. This really upset me, but not much I could do with the mods there on his side and locking the thread. When DW offered to start a thread to pass the hat, I accepted. My goal was to see how many of those who supported DB, and put me down, were willing to buy their hero's debt. I would have taken their money, but not from those who were just trying to help me. A pit buddy giving me $50 in sympathy wasn't my goal. It turned out his supporters were hard to find when it was going to cost them, so I declined the offers made. The comment I like best was to collect to pay an attorney to prosecute. You are so right, where are those DB supporters in his time of needed support? Could it be the Kool-Aid has worn off?

well said !!

hopefully this whole thing opens some people's eyes

DJ Dep 01-12-2009 06:53 AM

So DB is tieing the knot. I wonder if his bride-to-be knows he's a crook and a liar? Maybe he will use some of the presents he gets to convert them into cash so that he can pay back what he owes for the heads? :rolleyes2:

I'm not holding my breath on that.

SeanPlunk 01-12-2009 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Dep (Post 13287)
So DB is tieing the knot. I wonder if his bride-to-be knows he's a crook and a liar? Maybe he will use some of the presents he gets to convert them into cash so that he can pay back what he owes for the heads? :rolleyes2:

I'm not holding my breath on that.

If that's true I'm sure he'd get enough money to cover it, hopefully a full refund will be coming quick.

DJ Dep 01-12-2009 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 13304)
If that's true I'm sure he'd get enough money to cover it, hopefully a full refund will be coming quick.

That's the latest poop posted at CF after someone got all worried that they hadn't seen DB flooding the forum with useless posts. :p

DJ Dep 01-14-2009 06:26 AM

There was a question earlier about CF mods being in DB's back pocket. Here is a thread that gives ASOLUTE PROOF that at least one mod has taken sides and is a DB supporter. Note post #5 in this thread:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...rango-boy.html

"If you turn this thread into something other than what it started out as I will be handing out one way tickets to I Can't Post Ville"

The thread started with an adulation post of the great and wonderful DB. But when people started posting legitimate questions about DB's dealings, the moderator stepped in and threatened to SILENCE anyone who did anything but worship DB. If that's not being in DB's back pocket, I don't know what is. And believe me, that's not the only mod who feels that way.

The thread was locked after people kept asking asking why "These other guys prob had what was coming to them!".

saudivette 01-14-2009 11:41 AM

Hi guys, I just found this site, or more correctly, this thread. I don't really have as much time as I'd like to read and post on forums as it is, so please forgive me if I don't post often.

But, after losing two hours of my life reading this thread from front to back, I felt compelled to join so I could add something.

Matt, I first had dealings with you a few years ago when you volunteered to buy and send me a Hydroboost unit. That was pretty much the first I really had to do with anyone 1 to 1 on the forum (CF) and I was pretty impressed that you jumped in straight away to help me.

I would have posted this in CF but chose not to for two reasons: the first reason is that you're in the naughty corner and couldn't answer anything I say and the second reason is that I would be sent to the naughty corner!

Anway, I'm not going to rip you a new arsehole and I already actually spoke about this very same thing some time ago, but I do have to agree with the general sentiment of the so called "VM boys". Originally I saw you as a very helpful guy on CF but now, even I can see that you jump in and answer shit loads of threads that you know bugger all about. As of yet, your incorrect information hasn't caused (that I'm aware of) injury or even death to a CF member but mate you really need to wind your neck in and if you DON'T know the answer to a posted question, then don't answer it as if you do know the answer. If you have an opinion or a guess, say that when you post - don't answer everything as if it were gospel.

Myself included, we all know "stuff", some more than others and unless you're trained to be an expert in a certain field, there's certainly no shame in NOT being an expert. If your "friend" Matt who posted earlier is utterly honest with what he posted before, that still doesn't make you a Corvette guru - I too have done charity work but it doesn't make me a Vette expert. I've spent days at a time, living in a tent in the pissing down rain, lugging a rifle with me everywhere, maintaining and launching the mighty F111C and even that doesn't make me a Vette expert. In the big Corvette picture, I know nothing and will happily admit that I've asked some serious dumb-arsed questions! Nothing wrong with being "normal" Matt.

If you DO post something incorrect and someone calls you on it, what's wrong with saying "sorry, I fucked up?". For some time, I thought you were being hammered unfairly but of late, reading most of your posts is like "what's he going to come out with NOW?" Add to what V-Twin said before about thanking individuals on behalf of other members and I think you have some sort of superiority complex going on and it's actually bloody annoying.

But, what really prompted me to join and post this ramble is the "case of the missing heads". Mate, for what it's worth, you have lost all respect I had for you. Obviously I've not been privvy to all your emails back and forth etc but this is what I see: You were paid for some parts, you kept that money but (for whatever reasons) the buyer doesn't have the parts. Within that time, you've bought something (furnace) for your own comfort.

Yep, no doubt it's bloody freezing where you are but what would you have done if you didn't have the money when your furnace crapped out? What was wrong with a couple of small electric heaters (instead of over $4k) so that you could pay what you owe? Failing that, regardless of what you said about a loan against your uninsured Corvette, how about selling the wheels? The serp setup? Stereo? Probably all stuff you desperately don't want to lose, but no doubt similar to the money Red didn't want to lose! Unless I was fucked up in hospital or something, I would move heaven and earth to pay up if I had a debt like that. You're looking for a career? How about looking for some immediate Benjamins? Nothing wrong with working at a fast food place to raise some cash. Work for the council patching up holes in the road etc, ANYTHING! Posting a gazillion times a day on various forums while waiting for a Career to drop into your lap is bullshit! If nothing else, where is your dignity?

If nothing else, you will lose more and more of your supporters over at CF and if you don't cough up the readies soon, you could wind up having legal action taken against you, which for years, will stick with you like shit to a blanket. I actually think you're lucky in that no one's come visiting you with a Louisville Slugger, yet!

Seriously mate, you've lost your cred :rant:

Where's your dignity and self respect :confused:

DJ Dep 01-14-2009 11:59 AM

Well said Saudi and welcome to Motorgen. :bigthumbsup:
As to DB losing followers at CF...I doubt that will happen. He is protected by the mods. He has them convinced there is a vast conspiracy against him and they will ban or moderate anyone who even hints at criticism of DB. You can post endless threads thanking and praising DB for being so helpful and kind and wonderful, but post one time about him not paying his debts and you are threatened by a mod with moderation and banning. He has the mods and admins at CF baffled with bullshit...plain and simple.

BRUTAL64 01-14-2009 12:12 PM

Hey, Wayne welcome here.

That is the longest post I've ever seen you write. I've been hangin with the Motorgen Dudes for over a year now. They are pretty good mates. It's too bad you can't be here for some of the runs.

How's the Vette doing? The last thing I read was that it was running.:drink:

BTW;
I haven't been able to log on to Vettemod AGAIN. According to my computer, Vettemod's wed site does not exist.

mybad79 01-14-2009 05:22 PM

Hey Saudi - welcome :drink:

You lost two hours of your life reading all this ??? How long did it take you to type all that ??? I agree with you 100% but holy crapola, I've never seen you post a reply this long....:sm_laughing:

I'll let the IT dept. know about the problem.... although the site seems to be fine, at least for me ... been fine all day....

DARROW 01-14-2009 05:29 PM

I could not log on to vettemod untill this afternoon. all others ok.

big2bird 01-14-2009 07:29 PM

Hey Wayne. Glad you joined up here, and told your version. I feel the same way. When DB first joined, I tried to help him understand the problem. I asked him in many ways to just admit when he was wrong, or refrain from posting "Guesses." I REALLY tried to help him adjust and fit in. For my help, all I recieved was a lengthy, long nasty letter telling me off. One of the most NASTY e-mails I ever have recieved. There is a side to this "boy" that I have seen, and it's not the "Personna" he "Portrays" online.:rant::nutkick:

DJ Dep 01-15-2009 06:48 AM

And here is proof of a SECOND mod in DB's pocket:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-t...-aka-matt.html

"Guys, Matt is taking care of the problem. He will be posting again soon."

That was made by moderator Crossram just before he locked the thread. He is obviously living in Fantasyland, as DB hasn't made one move to "take care of the problem". Hell, DB is trying to turn things around and say that Red received the heads and is trying to rip him off!!! :rolleyes2:

jackson 01-15-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Dep (Post 13625)
And here is proof of a SECOND mod in DB's pocket:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-t...-aka-matt.html

"Guys, Matt is taking care of the problem. He will be posting again soon."

That was made by moderator Crossram just before he locked the thread. He is obviously living in Fantasyland, as DB hasn't made one move to "take care of the problem". Hell, DB is trying to turn things around and say that Red received the heads and is trying to rip him off!!! :rolleyes2:

You're damn right that's PROOF enough for me! I either was unaware of his debt to red69 or I didn't recall it. Have y'all noted in the above locked thread how I asked very nicely about DB ... and that nobody else got out of line either ... then this "crossram" mod locks it .. I don't know him ... I don't get in trouble at CF either ... never been banned opr time out ... but that mod's action is BS ... he needs to be furloughed ... better yet, keelhauled & discharged!

I've corrected DB on his errant advice a time or two ... I doubt I ever got into namecalling ... but there's been probably a hundred times I've winced at his goofy advice ... then wince again when I read he posts an even goofier question ... and that continues ad naseum. After I started the above CF thread, someone emailed me & directed me to this MG thread. I read this entire ~ 46 page saga ... WHEW! Then I see here at MG that CF locked my thread at CF. I went to it & read & verified. I registered here & I reply here.

I notice red69 asked DB to just send him DB's heads regardless off steamer hole etc... I don't see DB offer to comply.

This bar brawl subforum seems a good place ... I'm not fond of argue/fight/bitch but there needs to be a place to say what they clearly quash at CF ... and it's quite true about CF having too many posts/advice by those who don't know seem to know squat.

I am curious, about the "aluminum vortec" heads that DB contracted to supply ... are they modded GM LT1/LT4 reverse cool heads ... or are they aftermarket ?

Best advice for DB was posted WAY earlier by someone in this thread: STFU & Pay The Man ... and do it yesterday! And CF has really pissed in my flakes for locking my thread that CLEARLY was mild & bland. Oh, me thinks "crossram" mod should have sent me an email with his brief explanation & reasoning for locking my mild thread where nobody misbehaved.

As for the roller lifter conversion issue ... I had a "small" role in it. I had already gained a fair amount of knowledge of the process ... then I heard of the instructions for sale ... then DB offered copies for free ... I asked for them & I got them. They really didn't tell me anything I hadn't already learned but they were well-organized. I dunno if they're copyrighted or not ... but in retrospect, I was wrong to ask for & wrong to accept them. I apologize. The conversion is an interesting option; but I've gone no further than acquiring some parts.

You know, I RARELY ask a question on CF except to help me understand an OPs original Q ... VAST majority of what I post is reasonable advice on repair/rebuild/mild performance to sbc. In other words, I gain about diddly squat zero from being at CF ... except some entertainment & a bit more feelgood from trying to help someone. I've been at CF for about 7 years... & after helping more than a few folks ... they lock up a damn benign thread of mine? I just dunno? ... maybe I don't help much at all. Oh well wtf.

I don't know red69 & I don't know DB & I don't know crossram

Regardless ... DB/Matt you'd better pay red69.

redvetracr 01-15-2009 09:56 AM

have you sent crossram a PM asking why your thread was locked? you might try that, I might also ask if you were interested in where he was why wouldn`t you go directly to the source and send him a PM?.....we all have and have had the same frustrations with db and the CF mods who seem to lock and sanitize threads where he has stepped in shit while they all claim they are not protecting him...have you noticed very few of the original C-3 group still there posting? members from say 1999-2000? probably not they are all at VM or posting here.

DJ Dep 01-15-2009 10:54 AM

jackson: If you do contact a mod, be VERY careful about how you word things. Questioning a mod's DECISION is a quick way to get banned. And the CF mods don't hesitate to ban anyone who asks a question related to DB. We know that Crossram and Pewter99 are both in DB's corner. There are certainly others. Try and be as "respectful" as possible, even if you think the mod is a complete putz. :)

Dep

big_G 01-15-2009 10:55 AM

Good to see you here , Jackson. I too got tired of the playground over at CF a few years ago and haven't posted since. Way too much dribble.

mybad79 01-15-2009 11:21 AM

Good to see you here Jackson :thumbs_up:

jackson 01-15-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redvetracr (Post 13640)
have you sent crossram a PM asking why your thread was locked? you might try that, I might also ask if you were interested in where he was why wouldn`t you go directly to the source and send him a PM?.....we all have and have had the same frustrations with db and the CF mods who seem to lock and sanitize threads where he has stepped in shit while they all claim they are not protecting him...have you noticed very few of the original C-3 group still there posting? members from say 1999-2000? probably not they are all at VM or posting here.

Thanks for the tip, but ... No I have not PM'd crossram ... I do not plan to ... he/she should have emailed me rather than me find an explanation elsewhere as why it's locked. I don't do IM/PM anyway but no email between crossram & me either. If the thread had been particularly abusive/derogatory I could agree it'd be locked ... but I cannot see any derogatory or abuse in it at all. I've had only a very few folks nick me personally with a remark at CF only maybe twice ... but it was far more than anything in the above (don't take much as there's nothing in the above locked CF thread) ... and I didn't whine to a mod ... I never got an apology and nobody locked the thread. Oh yes, I've noticed the absence of older names at CF ... much of its former knowledgebase gone ... and like a Madoff sure thing ... perhaps never to return.

Until I read this thread here at MG I was also unaware that many folks had complained to CF mods re: DB bad advice. Sanitizing all new too. But, I knew of the bad advice all too well.

I don't owe CF a thing and, for the most part, vice versa. However, me thinks crossram crossed the line and I should have gotten a brief or an apology or both from CF.

The following:
(1) the reports of CF sanitizing DB are so very numerous there's likely some substance there, and...
(2) DB continued/continues to field bad advice at CF and ...
(3) CF mod locked my thread above that was not abusive/derogatory ...

in my mind are adequate to indict CF management in the court of clowns.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate anyone referenced here; some may be jerks or thieves or fools ... I dunno? But I don't hate em. By the same token, since I didn't know him, I didn't hate Ted Bundy either ... but I hate what he did & I'm glad he can't do it again.

Perhaps my clicks/traffic/advice/time might be better spent somewhere other than CF? ... we'll see.

Thanks for the welcome y'all!

mybad79 01-15-2009 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackson (Post 13652)
Perhaps my clicks/traffic/advice/time might be better spent somewhere other than CF? ...

www.Motorgen.com
www.Adamfixedthelink.com

and for Vette specific stuff and lotsa fun:
www.VetteMOD.com
No credit check, no sign up fee, no bull....... :D

enkeivette 01-15-2009 01:58 PM

Sorry MyBad, couldn't resist. :rolling:

mybad79 01-15-2009 02:19 PM

Hey, that's censorship :nutkick:

:rolling:

big2bird 01-15-2009 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mybad79 (Post 13656)
Vettemod.com

No credit check, no sign up fee, no bull....... :D

There ya go.:D

big2bird 01-15-2009 03:43 PM

Jackson, I am thrilled to death you took the time to read this crap. Your one of the old timers I really miss at CF, and hope you check in on the growing crew at Vettemod and Motorgen. The MG folks are an ambitious lot, to say the least.

mybad79 01-15-2009 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 13668)
Sorry MyBad, couldn't resist. :rolling:

couldn't resist either :D

BRUTAL64 01-15-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 13682)
The MG folks are an ambitious lot, to say the least.

Remember when we were their age?

That's what I like about them, all the fire they have.:D

big2bird 01-15-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 (Post 13693)
Remember when we were their age?

That's what I like about them, all the fire they have.:D

I totally agree. I wish I had 1/2 their ambition.

94cobra69ss396 01-15-2009 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 13695)
I totally agree. I wish I had 1/2 their ambition.

It's all a matter of how you feel. I will be 38 tomorrow and by the time my dad was 38 he pretty much quit doing the pysical labor on projects. He would get ideas but it was my brother and I that would do all the work. Me I still think I'm 25.

big2bird 01-15-2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 13699)
It's all a matter of how you feel. I will be 38 tomorrow and by the time my dad was 38 he pretty much quit doing the pysical labor on projects. He would get ideas but it was my brother and I that would do all the work. Me I still think I'm 25.

I understand. I started slowing down at 40. At 50, well, you start hurting. I turn 54 in March, and it ain't getting better. 30 years in coinstruction takes it's toll.

94cobra69ss396 01-15-2009 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 13701)
I understand. I started slowing down at 40. At 50, well, you start hurting. I turn 54 in March, and it ain't getting better. 30 years in coinstruction takes it's toll.

I think that's one advantage that I have is that I work from home and don't have the physical labor that's hard on the body during the day. Back when I worked in an office I use to play basketball everyday at lunch. Now I get from working on my cars, lifting weights and keeping up with my daughters.

BRUTAL64 01-15-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 13699)

Happy Birthday :drink:

BRUTAL64 01-15-2009 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 13704)
I think that's one advantage that I have is that I work from home and don't have the physical labor that's hard on the body during the day. Back when I worked in an office I use to play basketball everyday at lunch. Now I get from working on my cars, lifting weights and keeping up with my daughters.

I have been at the weights since I was 19. I just doubled my work out this last week. I'm 57. I think I'm 16.:laugh: