Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Derailers Anonymous (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34166)

Vettezuki 03-20-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 112475)
. . . Literary analysis has got to be the most useless shit i've ever experienced.

You're not experiencing it. You're avoiding it.

Shaolin Crane 03-20-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 112474)
Also I strongly encourage you to use any and all academic resources your instituiton offers that you think you might need. Most places have VERY cheap or free tutors, guidance councilors, office hours, etc.

In martial arts, originally for war anyway, the object is to win the fight . . period. In school there are two related objectives: 1- learn and 2- get the piece of paper that represents that you done learned to others. Use the same focus you have for MA, negotiating new concepts and techniques,etc.,and you'll do better than fine. You'll come out the other side a more knowledgeable person.

Not even the same thing. I know people with tons of stripes, certificates blah blah that are dog shit fighters and applicators. Even myself have a better reputation for close quarters combat and weapon defense at a "lowly" 1st degree.

I get what you're saying, I have no issue with my AJ classes, but seriously this is not what I expected when I went into english. Shit, I tested above 103 and was still required to take 101 because of "school policy" Sounds like bullshit to get money.

Shaolin Crane 03-20-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 112476)
You're not experiencing it. You're avoiding it.

50/50

Vettezuki 03-20-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane (Post 112477)
Not even the same thing. I know people with tons of stripes, certificates blah blah that are dog shit fighters and applicators. Even myself have a better reputation for close quarters combat and weapon defense at a "lowly" 1st degree.

I get what you're saying, I have no issue with my AJ classes, but seriously this is not what I expected when I went into english. Shit, I tested above 103 and was still required to take 101 because of "school policy" Sounds like bullshit to get money.

See previous post about elements of success in school. I'm not arguing that the system is optimal, but how to get the most out of it.

enkeivette 03-20-2013 11:01 AM

Told you the thesis agreement was bullshit.

Shaolin Crane 03-20-2013 11:58 AM

It's all bullshit.

enkeivette 03-21-2013 02:43 AM

'Im sorry, I underestimated you...'

'Ya, well maybe next time youll estimate me.'

Vettezuki 03-21-2013 02:50 AM

Probably I'll misunderestimate you.

Shaolin Crane 03-21-2013 08:50 AM

Well I churned out about 5 pages of bullshit. If you asked me a single sentence of what I wrote I would give you this face -__-

Shaolin Crane 03-21-2013 02:58 PM

So I went to get fitted for glasses today. For the record, hot optomologist=awesome way to spend the afternoon.