Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Drunken Brawl Cafe (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Conspiracy (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=995)

DJ Dep 12-31-2008 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 11851)
I prefer Judy.:sm_laughing:

Ewwww....the judge I love to HATE. :smack:

big2bird 12-31-2008 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Dep (Post 12073)
Ewwww....the judge I love to HATE. :smack:

How about Nancy Pelosi?:laugh:

DJ Dep 12-31-2008 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 12075)
How about Nancy Pelosi?:laugh:

Ahhhhhh...Ms Zoomers:D

big2bird 12-31-2008 08:47 AM

I was going to quit beating myself on this thread, but I see old "red" joined. This should be good.
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::kali::kali::kali:

Red 12-31-2008 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durango_Boy (Post 12060)
Simple, when Mike posted that thread it had only been several days from when I was told the heads were shipped so as far as I knew they were in transit and being delivered to Mike. There would have been no reason to refund him if there was still the chance that they were just held up.

Once we came to an agreement on when the heads were considered 'not received' I told him he was getting a refund. At that point I decided to withdraw money from an account that I really am not allowed to withdraw from except for emergency purposes and I waited for that check. I was going to convert it to a cashier's check or postal money order for Mike and mail it off the following day. Enter furnace purchase.

Since that point, I have been emailing and listing, and trying to sell as much stuff as I can to accumulate the full $770 since he will not accept anything less, even half payment.
So don't assume I should have been saving for a refund since the day he paid me and I have just been holding out. I started trying to put the money together immediately when I no longer had the funds.

Hey-Matt,
I just found this site and thread to my surprise. MYBAD79 and I think alike; he stated my feeling eloquently. Also, if I had a debt to pay with as much time as you seem to have, I'd get another job. You have way too much time on your hands IMO. I am so busy I don't have much time for the internet. I know how badly you must feel about not being able to refund me my money, and selling parts from your car aren't working for you, so here is my deal.

The Vortec heads on your 406 are the same heads you were selling me, your words. You take the heads off your motor, send them to me in place of those I did not receive, and include the Vortec intake manifold for my trouble. I think that is a fair offer, since you are trying to sell your used parts unsuccessfully anyway. Of course, before the parts were shipped, they would be inspected and photographed by my mechanic for condition and authenticity. I wouldn't want a stock pair of warped Vortec heads to find their way to me. If I got myself into your situation, which would never happen; I would have offered that option for consideration. Accepting this offer will help you clear your conscience and square yourself with me, so what do you say?
Mike

Durango_Boy 12-31-2008 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 12072)
He doesn't get it, and never will. That is why we left, and that is why we get more members every day. Give it up. It's like teaching a pig to sing. As soon as he gets back on CF, and has a "heroe's welcome" by the fellow cool aid drinkers, VM and MG can get back to normal. ;)

See, you think this is all my problem, but it's your own problem. You say I'm the reason you left yet you can't seem to leave me alone. I know all of you joined here on this forum because you Googled my name and found I was a member here. You say this place will get back to normal? It was fine the entire time I was a member, until YOU joined, with this huge wave of harassment towards one person. Don't delude yourself, any departure from normalcy happened the day the Vettemod crowd piled in here to 'flush out a poser' using your own words.

I mean, seriously. Grow up and let it all go. If you don't like what I write, don't read it. If you don't like me then stay away from me. If you see me in a post and don't like it, move on to the next. Who cares if people like me around over there and who cares that you guys leave to exist on your own. Just pick one and stick with it. Enough of this, "We left because of you yet we follow you around everywhere crap."

Durango_Boy 12-31-2008 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 12082)
The Vortec heads on your 406 are the same heads you were selling me, your words. You take the heads off your motor, send them to me in place of those I did not receive, and include the Vortec intake manifold for my trouble. I think that is a fair offer, since you are trying to sell your used parts unsuccessfully anyway. Of course, before the parts were shipped, they would be inspected and photographed by my mechanic for condition and authenticity. I wouldn't want a stock pair of warped Vortec heads to find their way to me. If I got myself into your situation, which would never happen; I would have offered that option for consideration. Accepting this offer will help you clear your conscience and square yourself with me, so what do you say?
Mike

Mike I thought of that a long time ago. However, these heads have already been modified. They have had steam holes drilled...two unsuccessfully by a local machine shop, where brass was driven in to plug the holes. The mistakes were corrected at another machine shop, and while the steam holes are functional, I may still have to mill them for the damage to the mating surface.

Oh and I HAVE been searching for new jobs. Have been for a while. I have an interview Friday and another on the 14th. They look like great options but with screening for drugs and such any job hiring isn't going to happen over night.

Durango_Boy 12-31-2008 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 12081)
I was going to quit beating myself on this thread, but I see old "red" joined. This should be good.
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::kali::kali::kali:

I have a feeling the word spread first, since you seem to have 'seen that old Red joined' before he made his first post. Seems conveniently planned...not like it matters. Everything I have shared with you guys has been shared with him first.

68L71 12-31-2008 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durango_Boy (Post 12083)
If you don't like what I write, don't read it. If you don't like me then stay away from me. If you see me in a post and don't like it, move on to the next.

I am done with this thread…I hope you do what red asked but I doubt you will. As for at CF…you and your pal DWncchs are on my ignore list. Maybe I need to add all his (Roger) aliases to my ignore list just to be safe.

big2bird 12-31-2008 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durango_Boy (Post 12085)
I have a feeling the word spread first, since you seem to have 'seen that old Red joined' before he made his first post. Seems conveniently planned...not like it matters. Everything I have shared with you guys has been shared with him first.

Your paranoid. I was logging off when I saw his name at the bottom.:rolling:

big2bird 12-31-2008 09:35 AM

Quote:

I mean, seriously. Grow up and let it all go.

:sm_laughing:I have sox in my drawer older than you. Serious.:sm_laughing:

TimAT 12-31-2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Don't delude yourself, any departure from normalcy happened the day the Vettemod crowd piled in here to 'flush out a poser' using your own words.

Enough of this, "We left because of you yet we follow you around everywhere crap."

Easy enough to pin it all on the VetteMod crowd. Saves having to man-up and admit there's a problem.

That's the one recurrent thing I've seen throughout this thread. Everything is being put on the VetteMod guys. Bottom line is that if someone needs true, accurate info on what works and what won't work CF is NOT the place to get it 100% of the time. There is a lot of good info there, and to a novice it may seem that it's right on, but after watching, reading, and seeing how the mods at CF react to someone getting "corrected", it's no big leap to understand why there has been a mass exodus of guys that have been doing the car repair gig for 30+ years. And that's an exodus by choice or by being kicked off that forum for making an attempt at correcting someone else's "poor choice of words".

And FWIW, Vettemod was NOT the initial place everyone went off to. I can think of 3 or 4 other forums that were already on-line and running before VetteMod, and you can find many of us on those forums.

Durango_Boy 12-31-2008 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 12093)
:sm_laughing:I have sox in my drawer older than you. Serious.:sm_laughing:

Do you mean 'socks' or one of these guys?

big2bird 12-31-2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durango_Boy (Post 12096)
Do you mean 'socks' or one of these guys?

Sox knucklehead. Sox=socks. It's an alternate spelling. Look it up.
(Can't you get ANYTHING right?):huh:

redvetracr 12-31-2008 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 12099)
Sox knucklehead. Sox=socks. It's an alternate spelling. Look it up.
(Can't you get ANYTHING right?):huh:

It`s really sad that this "guy" finds it more important to keep posting BS and arguing with (almost) everyone (he can`t really argue much with what all I have posted as it`s 100% true) than it is to GET A JOB and EARN SOME MONEY to PAY HIS DEPT....matt rogers you must have NO SHAME....

big2bird 12-31-2008 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redvetracr (Post 12100)
maybe what he meant to say was?????????

That's so old. He needs a new line/life/career/job/hobby.
He's looking for a job, NOT because he is getting married, but because he's in hot water. (Or is it hot air? I forget.)

Red 12-31-2008 09:58 AM

My posting here was not planned and I am part of no conspiracy I am aware of. I happened to see motorgen referred to in a couple posts over on VM. The name motorgen went over my head until I decided to do a search and up came this site. More searching brought me to this thread. It was almost shocking for me to find this exchange and not be aware of its existance. As I said, I don't have alot of time for the internet. In any event, I'm not interested in putting anyone down or finding fault. All I want to do is get my money refunded asap so I can get back on track. This has already taken me away from my goals and set me behind. Make no mistake, after I'm back on track you won't have me around, so get me back on track by doing the right thing.

I don't have a problem taking your heads with the steam holes drilled. They can be plugged and put back on a 350. Of course, I'd rather have my money, but the offer to accept your heads and intake stand. I don't need hydroboost, so that unit won't help me.

Durango_Boy 12-31-2008 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 12102)
That's so old. He needs a new line/life/career/job/hobby.
He's looking for a job, NOT because he is getting married, but because he's in hot water. (Or is it hot air? I forget.)

Interesting assumption. I have been looking for a new career for over a year now. Problem is I want a career, not a job, and it has nothing to do with Mike and the money I owe him. Assuming that, is about as stupid as some of you telling me to get a job, JUST because I owe Mike money.

big2bird 12-31-2008 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durango_Boy (Post 12106)
Interesting assumption. I have been looking for a new career for over a year now. Problem is I want a career, not a job, and it has nothing to do with Mike and the money I owe him. Assuming that, is about as stupid as some of you telling me to get a job, JUST because I owe Mike money.

Might I suggesst "Fiction" novelist?:rolling:

big2bird 12-31-2008 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 12104)
My posting here was not planned and I am part of no conspiracy I am aware of. I happened to see motorgen referred to in a couple posts over on VM. The name motorgen went over my head until I decided to do a search and up came this site. More searching brought me to this thread. It was almost shocking for me to find this exchange and not be aware of its existance. As I said, I don't have alot of time for the internet. In any event, I'm not interested in putting anyone down or finding fault. All I want to do is get my money refunded asap so I can get back on track. This has already taken me away from my goals and set me behind. Make no mistake, after I'm back on track you won't have me around, so get me back on track by doing the right thing.

He has a problem with truiths. Don't expect him to believe you.
Would you accept his heads as is? I would.

big2bird 12-31-2008 10:06 AM

You two could apply to Judge Judy. You'll both get $$. A win-win. I could get to see her rip DB a new ass on Network TV. I might just die laughing, and DB could live "happily ever after.":laugh:

DJ Dep 12-31-2008 10:43 AM

As usual DB's priorities are arranged for HIS benefit, and screw the people he affects like Red. So he's looking for a career, not a job. Great. People are getting laid off like crazy from "careers" and he wants one. I want to be a brain surgeon, but that ain't gonna happen either. But I can get a bunch of jobs flipping burgers part time in my town that would pay off $770 rather quickly. But I guess that's "beneath" DB's standards, and I'm sure they wouldn't allow him to BS all day on the computer.

The frigging BS detector is broken on my comp from all the lies and horsecrap being shovelled by DB. I will say he is lucky in one regard; he's lucky Red hasn't used a "bill collector" to get his money back. It would be pretty difficult to look "cool" in front of those Hooters bimbos with both your legs in full casts.

redvetracr 12-31-2008 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durango_Boy (Post 12106)

It appears you have a career..."internet post whore"...I suppose now you`ll find a way to blame the VM guys for the fact that your career doesn`t come with a pay check (or maybe you`ll have your boy friend Rogerrodsaknockin break out another alias and blame the VM guys for you).....when you need the money you take whats available you dumb fu*k....but not you...you just keep posting away proclaiming it`s everyone else`s fault....you are whats known as a LOSER...a LEECH on society...your relatives must be so proud of you....

redvetracr 12-31-2008 10:56 AM

DJ Dep 12-31-2008 12:11 PM

Yep!!! That's my broken BS detector!!!! I've had to download 5 since this thread started. :rolleyes:

SeanPlunk 12-31-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 12104)

I don't have a problem taking your heads with the steam holes drilled. They can be plugged and put back on a 350. Of course, I'd rather have my money, but the offer to accept your heads and intake stand. I don't need hydroboost, so that unit won't help me.

First of all, welcome to the board. Please feel free to stick around after this whole thing is resolved by the way. As for the offer of taking the heads, that sounds like a reasonable compromise on your part and if you can get them faster than the cash seems like a good idea. How about it Durango?

Durango_Boy 12-31-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 12141)
First of all, welcome to the board. Please feel free to stick around after this whole thing is resolved by the way. As for the offer of taking the heads, that sounds like a reasonable compromise on your part and if you can get them faster than the cash seems like a good idea. How about it Durango?

Like I said I considered that some time ago but I really didn't want to create more of a problem by sending them to him. The damage to the mating surface is one down side he would have to deal with, and I wouldn't feel comfortable with what might happen if I send them and he's still unhappy with them and the situation. Then he'd be stuck with the heads modified for my engine and still no money.

mdbelanger 12-31-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durango_Boy (Post 12176)
Like I said I considered that some time ago but I really didn't want to create more of a problem by sending them to him. The damage to the mating surface is one down side he would have to deal with, and I wouldn't feel comfortable with what might happen if I send them and he's still unhappy with them and the situation. Then he'd be stuck with the heads modified for my engine and still no money.

THIS I IS ACCECTABLE, FROM WHAT I GATHER. FINALLY THE BOY MAY BE TELLING THE TRUTH.So I would read between the lines. They dont exsist or they were for that motor he had on Craigslist for some other poor sole that may think he has special abilities. [disabilites]

Michael

big2bird 12-31-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

So let me get this straight. You don't want to pull your heads and send them as "debt paid in full", BECAUSE of your concern for Mike. That right? And it has NOTHING to do with what YOU might want. Correct?

So, let's say for instance, if Mike said "pull your heads, cut em in half, and send me the scrap and I'll forgive your debt, you would say................

mybad79 12-31-2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

I know all of you joined here on this forum because you Googled my name and found I was a member here.

BS

Many know Vettezuki and Enkeivette from CF, DC and VM..... they told everybody about this forum a long time ago.

Red 12-31-2008 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 12141)

Yeah...you know I meant be gone from this thread, or any thread about DB. This site is fine!!:bigthumbsup:

Red 12-31-2008 07:47 PM

Quote:

Matt, send me your one good head with steam holes drilled and the one good head from my set where you damaged one by dropping it. That would get me one good set and I will call us even. This way you won't need to lose any sleep over my getting any damaged parts, and meet your obligation. I can easily deal with the steam holes in one head. Make your New Years resolution to resolve this issue now!

big2bird 12-31-2008 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red (Post 12208)
Matt, send me your one good head with steam holes drilled and the one good head from my set where you damaged one by dropping it. That would get me one good set and I will call us even. This way you won't need to lose any sleep over my getting any damaged parts, and meet your obligation. I can easily deal with the steam holes in one head. Make your New Years resolution to resolve this issue now!

What an excellent, noble idea. Well DB? It sounds like he is willing to work with you in an equitable way.:bigthumbsup:

kwplot34 12-31-2008 09:27 PM

D_B won't do it,that would inconvenience him because then he would need another head for his motor. Instead he will just try and talk his way out of it as usual in that d_b fashion BS artist that he is.

elevatordude 12-31-2008 09:55 PM

Maybe D_B's two pal's that think the world of him should send Red a check for the full amount and then they can collect the money from him. I know if a friend of mine was in this position I would do that in a second (even tho a friend of mine would NEVER have been in this position in the first place)

Red you are a real stand up guy I have never seen someone give someone so many chances to make a deal right. You have my respect and sympathies.

Ray

big2bird 12-31-2008 10:12 PM

Wasn't superman about "Truith, justice, and the American way?" So much for the first two. :barf:

big2bird 12-31-2008 10:21 PM

I'm truly sorry Red. If one person realised what this was all about, it will have been worth it. Somehow, American values have really gone to hell. Reasons have morphed into excuses. Work has been replaced by "getting by."
Kids are "looking for a career" at age 30. I went to University for two years, then got into the IBEW appreticeship and spent 4 years EARNING a career.
Have I fucked up, hell yeh. But I never lost sight of the morales taught by my father. I have always tried to do the right thing, but I'm not claiming sainthood either.

elevatordude 12-31-2008 10:24 PM

Don't drink the koolaid!

kwplot34 01-01-2009 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elevatordude (Post 12218)

Don't drink the koolaid!

Now that there is funny :rolling: Beware of the Kool-aid dispensing super hero :barf:

D_B since you have so many friends that speak on your behalf,about what kind of stand up,generous,giving,donating,and soon to be accepted into Saint hood,guy that you are. How come none of them give you the money to take of your debt???????????????????

Insert your pathetic story here.

DJ Dep 01-01-2009 07:08 AM

The problem is people are looking for a career that pays big money TO START. With the economy going down the drain those jobs will be non-existent. A "good JOB" in todays market is gonna end up being a Walmart greeter or flipping burgers at the local fast food chain. Many people won't take those jobs, so they sponge off girlfriends, parents, or society. Or they will turn to a life of crime, which includes scamming and FRAUD. The ones that pick scamming and fraud better be ready for the consequences. All it takes is ripping off the wrong guy and you will get a visit from "fat Louie", and he doesn't give a damn about BS excuses. :nutkick::crutches: