Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   June 13th Motorgen Meet/Angeles Crest Run! (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3971)

SeanPlunk 06-12-2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason89rs (Post 24524)
I use the same screen name over there so it's probably the same car you're thinking about, but yeah it has full suspension :D and some other goodies.

Goodies? Do tell :drink:

Vettezuki 06-12-2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 24525)
1) college buddy not my best friend.

2) Now that my vette is out of the shop it's hard to get him out to play.

C6Z is nice for sure. I will be keeping my current vette for a while and slowly transitioning it to a full on race car.

I'll go over this with you again tomorrow, but I want you to be at the head of the staging group at the base of Angeles Crest. I'll head up about 15 minutes before you take off with the "A" group. This will give me enough time to reach the nice big sweeping curve and set up to catch everybody going through.

Leedom 06-12-2009 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 24529)
Excellent :D

:iagree: Glad you are coming Ron!!

94cobra69ss396 06-12-2009 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leedom (Post 24532)
:iagree: Glad you are coming Ron!!

Thanks. My wife and the girls will be with me so I'll make sure that they bring enough movies to keep themselves entertained.

Vettezuki 06-13-2009 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalC55 (Post 24527)
yay there are some VW Bugs coming!

:surrender:

Dude, I live right by Nicks and while getting gas tonight, there were about 700 people and some Bugs that'd full tilt bitch slap your Kraut-mobile! Actually that sounds like kraut on kraut action and now I need to take a shower. Thanks.

SoCalC55 06-13-2009 12:40 AM

I was referring to my dislike of Porches. Although I cannot discredit their performance

Looking forward to the vast array of cars tomorrow! Looks like it's going to be a nice turnout, hopefully I got enough euros to rain on everyone’s parade :sm_laughing:

Vettezuki 06-13-2009 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalC55 (Post 24538)
I was referring to my dislike of Porches. Although I cannot discredit their performance

Looking forward to the vast array of cars tomorrow! Looks like it's going to be a nice turnout, hopefully I got enough euros to rain on everyone’s parade :sm_laughing:

Don't be hating on Porsche. They bad. My uncle who had a C5 ZO6 then a 911 (one of AWD models) and various other objects of play said something like this: Keep in mind, he's about as dyed in the wool red blooded American as it gets.

The Vette would flat destroy the Porsche for raw speed. But where am I going to get anywhere near that potential on the streets? The Porsche is a joy to drive anywhere anytime.

Except for a piece of crap 914 (which I had a ball in) I've never driven a porsche. I've only driven a couple of Vettes, so I'm not really qualified to say, but I get the idea. There's definitely a lot more to cars and driving pleasure (uh oh) than raw objective performance unless you're just racing.

ZexGX 06-13-2009 01:36 AM

I'll probably meet you guys at the base of Angeles Crest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 24530)
Goodies? Do tell :drink:

If he's related to TPI TERROR then it's quite a set of goodies indeed. :bigthumbsup:

jason89rs 06-13-2009 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZexGX (Post 24542)
I'll probably meet you guys at the base of Angeles Crest.

If he's related to TPI TERROR then it's quite a set of goodies indeed. :bigthumbsup:

Oh heck no wer're not even in the same league. I saw TPI TERROR's car at the La Invasion and it looked pretty potent.

Mines only an 89 RS with a TBI (for now) and bad paint :o. I put the money into rebuilding the steering and building the suspension first. I wanted something that handled like it was on rails and that I could possible autox if I wanted. The few goodies I have are not really power adders: 4th gen seats, LS1 alum drive shaft, open element air cleaner.....stuff like that.

SexyLxy 06-13-2009 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 (Post 24533)
Thanks. My wife and the girls will be with me so I'll make sure that they bring enough movies to keep themselves entertained.

Hehe I sound like your girls. I've got crochet projects, photos to put in albums and a few other tricks up my sleeve. The question becomes am I going to be able to keep my cookies down while sitting passanger on the mountain roads. Time will only tell :)