Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorgen Events (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Angeles Crest Part II - Sunday, June 12th (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28388)

landshark99 06-12-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Small White Car (Post 76984)
was coming up on an STi in the ditch, better than down the cliff,

Do you remember what color it was, someone asked me,
Thanks

firstshadow 06-13-2011 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fisa (Post 76983)
Hey guys, I just registered to let ya know we made it out ok. Just had to wait for the RX7 FC to cool down and we were back on track.
I took some footage from the first 20mins out and will be back to post once I upload it.
Thanks again for coming back to make sure everything was ok.

Fisa

Was wondering where you went when you disappeared from my rearview in the beginning. Glad to hear it worked itself out!

Overall, awesome cruise - no u-turns this time! :sm_laughing:

amphora001 06-13-2011 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rornelas (Post 76996)
Did anyone have a problem with the white hatchback civic?

nope, that civic was surprisingly fast. I was driving behind him on the 2nd half.

duhveed 06-13-2011 05:10 AM

I have to bring my car to the dealer to have the car checked out i ran over a nice sized rock and it broke some things underneath. Hopefully it's just the plastic undertray

Small White Car 06-13-2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landshark99 (Post 77018)
Do you remember what color it was, someone asked me,
Thanks

Why, blue, of course...

For the radio guys, they just don't work, that's why there is a somewhat uniform code of hand signals that folks should learn, at least the basics.

For trailing cars:

'Point past' - hand out the window, index finger pointing down and forward, let's the bikes know you are aware of them and they can pass safely.

'Do not pass!' - Hand extended out window, palm facing rearward, let drivers coming up on you there is a hazard.

'Oh shit!' - Arm extended straight up with a slight waving motion, usually reserved for when you've broken down or need some other assistance.

Woo Hoo!!!! - Both hands extended straight up as you crest a hill on a beautiful sunny day, this signal is reserved for those of us in Roadsters!

Oncoming traffic:

'Watch out for cops ahead' - Is either a hand patting the top of your helmet or a hand out the window, palm down in a patting sort of motion.

'Accident ahead' is the same motion as cops but with much bigger eyes usually.

You can pass hand signals down the line pretty quickly since your job as a driver is to pay attention to the car in front and watch the car behind you and if it isn't there to let the guys in front of you know.

Fisa 06-13-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firstshadow (Post 77028)
Was wondering where you went when you disappeared from my rearview in the beginning. Glad to hear it worked itself out!

Overall, awesome cruise - no u-turns this time! :sm_laughing:

Oh in the beginning I was filming. I pulled over to film people driving by and to get as many cars as I could. I go some good footage of the champagne colored Z28, the Maroon SS Cobalt and the Blue Z06, then the Z3 and a few miatas in front of him before my battery died :(
I had a great run with the other RX7, Grey MX-5, and the Black A4. I think we had about 5 good minutes of no obstructions up in that snow area. I wish my camera had caught it!

Vettezuki 06-13-2011 09:59 AM

Speaking of video, in case ya'lls missed it in the pics and vids thread, here ya go for the MG footage.

boilerdam 06-13-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fisa (Post 77051)
Oh in the beginning I was filming. I pulled over to film people driving by and to get as many cars as I could. I go some good footage of the champagne colored Z28, the Maroon SS Cobalt and the Blue Z06, then the Z3 and a few miatas in front of him before my battery died :(
I had a great run with the other RX7, Grey MX-5, and the Black A4. I think we had about 5 good minutes of no obstructions up in that snow area. I wish my camera had caught it!

Hey! I'm the black A4 guy :D just registered to get access to all videos & pics...thought I'd drop in a hello as well! I turned off once I saw the 138 sign, hope he/you both reached safely down to Fudds...

AntiPerfS4 06-13-2011 11:30 AM

Where we going on the 10th? haha

boilerdam 06-13-2011 11:44 AM

My first drive/meetup and it was great! especially, the first part of the climb with the fog & stuff, epic! Looking forward to doing this next time too...I also have a few pics & videos taken on my phone that I'll upload later today...