Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   B.S. Lounge (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   whats up from the East Coast... (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47254)

nordy racer 09-28-2013 02:24 PM

thanks.. i was really wanting 119 to 120mph..

nordy racer 10-03-2013 05:40 PM

car went 11.54 at 118 last night with a 1.60ft

enkeivette 10-04-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordy racer (Post 122206)
car went 11.58 at 117.4 mph with 1.61 60ft this past wednesday night.. once i learn more with the car launching, i think i can get mid 1.5's and a 11.4's time slip.. not bad for a car that has a race weight of 3820lbs...

also the car picked up 23rwhp and 27tq with the long tube install :)

Woah, shes a pig. Perform lipo.

Vettezuki 10-04-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordy racer (Post 122206)
car went 11.58 at 117.4 mph with 1.61 60ft this past wednesday night.. once i learn more with the car launching, i think i can get mid 1.5's and a 11.4's time slip.. not bad for a car that has a race weight of 3820lbs...

also the car picked up 23rwhp and 27tq with the long tube install :)

BTW, what is your current RWHP/TQ?

I'm at around 3,300 race weight (full tank of gas plus me). 390RWHP/360RWTQ and the best on DRs I could ever get was 12.6@113 with like a 2.0 60' . Admittedly that was at Fontana on a street legal day, kinda hot, not terribly well prepped track. Now that's in a C3 Vette, hard sprung IRS and a manual transmission. I'm not a great drag driver, but I'm not terrible either. Just curious where you're at for power:weight relative to the impressive times you're getting.

enkeivette 10-05-2013 10:22 AM

Those new GTs are fast and soft. They go in stock form, no complaining.

nordy racer 10-12-2013 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 122546)
BTW, what is your current RWHP/TQ?

I'm at around 3,300 race weight (full tank of gas plus me). 390RWHP/360RWTQ and the best on DRs I could ever get was 12.6@113 with like a 2.0 60' . Admittedly that was at Fontana on a street legal day, kinda hot, not terribly well prepped track. Now that's in a C3 Vette, hard sprung IRS and a manual transmission. I'm not a great drag driver, but I'm not terrible either. Just curious where you're at for power:weight relative to the impressive times you're getting.

413rwhp and 388rwtq.. my weight with me and a half of tank is 3820 (true scale weight) my 60ft time was 1.60ft. launch the car off the two step at 3200rpm..

Vettezuki 10-12-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordy racer (Post 122778)
413rwhp and 388rwtq.. my weight with me and a half of tank is 3820 (true scale weight) my 60ft time was 1.60ft. launch the car off the two step at 3200rpm..

Damn. I'm considerably lighter, somewhat less powerful, but not a lot, but much slower. I wonder what the most important differences are. I think it's probably track>suspension>transmission>driver.

I put track number 1, because my 60' was a little better at Irwindale, but my 1/8 ET and trap were considerably higher.

Suspension next for planting and best 60'. Basically I have an ancient IRS and it's hard to boot. Ok for farting around, not so good for drag or best track performance (does weird shit under hard braking).

Transmission next as I'm undoubtedly losing more time between shifts, but not as much time as above factors.

Driver is not particularly relevant here as the car and everything else are so different. Maybe you or Ron could get an extra <=.2~ at Fontana based on way more experience, but I'd be surprised if it was much more than that.

:huh:

enkeivette 10-12-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 122779)
Damn. I'm considerably lighter, somewhat less powerful, but not a lot, but much slower. I wonder what the most important differences are. I think it's probably track>suspension>transmission>driver.

I put track number 1, because my 60' was a little better at Irwindale, but my 1/8 ET and trap were considerably higher.

Suspension next for planting and best 60'. Basically I have an ancient IRS and it's hard to boot. Ok for farting around, not so good for drag or best track performance (does weird shit under hard braking).

Transmission next as I'm undoubtedly losing more time between shifts, but not as much time as above factors.

Driver is not particularly relevant here as the car and everything else are so different. Maybe you or Ron could get an extra <=.2~ at Fontana based on way more experience, but I'd be surprised if it was much more than that.

You have a Corvette with IRS and stiff front suspension. It was designed in the 70s to be Cobra competitive on a road course. Now you've set it up semi-Gymkhana. You want to drag race buy a drag car.

BADDASSC6 10-12-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 122779)

He has an auto with a torque convertor and he is running MT tires. Huge difference in acceleration in the first 60' and 330'. It the same thing for me in my corvette, all the drag car launch hard on me and it's just a matter if there is enough track to reel them in. He launches as 3200 you launch at 1500? Those are great times an mph because he has the supporting mods. I could resist the 6 speed, but I know I'm going to be leaving some et on the table because of it.

enkeivette 10-12-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 (Post 122783)
He has an auto with a torque convertor and he is running MT tires. Huge difference in acceleration in the first 60' and 330'. It the same thing for me in my corvette, all the drag car launch hard on me and it's just a matter if there is enough track to reel them in. He launches as 3200 you launch at 1500? Those are great times an mph because he has the supporting mods. I could resist the 6 speed, but I know I'm going to be leaving some et on the table because of it.

Thread is messed up, your message looks like a repeat of Bens until I quote it. Same thing happened to me this morning.