Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Drunken Brawl Cafe (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Conspiracy (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=995)

Durango_Boy 12-29-2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 11835)
I already posted links (The two you asked for) about the flexplate and the brake booster. You have yet to respond to those. :huh:Answer to those first, and I'll find yet another link to show your wrong. There is no shortage of material.;)

I must have missed those, maybe I'll have time to go back and read through again tomorrow.

Dep, storing my Corvette in my own garage doesn't cost anything...what storage fee are you talking about?

kwplot34 12-29-2008 06:22 PM

I would like to see copies of the work order,bill,and proof of payment for this new furnace. You could of bought a space heater and paid RED back his money that you OWE him.

mdbelanger 12-29-2008 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdbelanger (Post 11834)
Would it be possible to see a photo and scanner receipt of this new heating system?

Just offering ya an opportunity to prove a truthfull statement.

Over 4 grand is an ouch.

Michael.

Not that easy if its not there.

I believe it should have been installed at 2311 Bluff BLVD.

big_G 12-29-2008 06:40 PM

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Rodsknockin 12-29-2008 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_G (Post 11857)
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I agree. Come on guys this is going to small claims court and DB is going to be making payments,let it be.

kwplot34 12-29-2008 09:34 PM

Areal man would just pony up the cash,all of it at once,just like the way he received it.

heypal 12-30-2008 01:55 AM

Sweet 37 pages of shit. Just what I like to see.

Vettezuki 12-30-2008 02:23 AM

I just have fun dissecting things sometimes while I'm waiting for toast.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrharris32 (Post 11783)
Obviously I'm "new" to your community. I am not much for forums, never have been. As an IT man by day I spend my share of time behind the bright light but never really found it worthwhile to spend time "posting" on, or for that matter wasting so much time assessing other peoples lives. In the real world those people are usually women who watch Soaps, gossip, and live off their husbands income.

Apparently not . . . sexist. Back to the IT bit later.

Quote:

I've read all 33 pages of crap here and am amazed, is this what people are spending their time on?

Now, for the biggie that should spark another 30 pages of wasted time and cloaked bitching from guys who wrench on their pet projects and have spent so much time reading GM tech data they believe to be "master mechanics". My name is Matt, and I am a personal friend of DB/Matt...I have been for many many years. Before you fall off your chair I stumbled on this thread during a conversation with DB, he simply recommended it as a good read.
So DB recommenced a good read of crap to waste your time on?

Quote:

I was there the day this man signed up for CF, he was in MY shop on one of the terminals we used to diagnose or obtain tech data for repairs.
So you're an IT guy with your own shop? That's a lot of work.

Quote:

DB is not some half ass sitting behind a computer...this man has put in hundreds upon hundreds of hours turning wrenches.
Mere hundreds? I think I've hit that level and certainly consider myself an amateur.

Quote:

He was my partner for 4 years at a classic car restoration shop . . .
Thought you were an IT guy.

Quote:

where we put together everything from a 77 Charger to an 87 Toyota Pickup...an interesting restore based on the truck shown in the movie "back to the future". The truck belonged to a young man who died, his brother wanted the truck as his brother did...DB being the asshole that he is spent hundreds of hours, 18 hour shifts, etc working on this vehicle so it would be done in time for a very special memorial service. What did he get paid? NOTHING.

Christmas last year we got a plea from a father wanting to give his daughter a vehicle on Christmas, a 99 Tahoe that had belonged to her deceased mother....a bent piston rod and severe bearing damage. This was a paying customer that found us about 7 days before Christmas...one that we provided a beautiful christmas to due to working non-stop for 3 days without a break. DB was there for all of it, sliced up, knuckle busted and still kicking for the sake of a young girl with a dead mother...we made a measly $750 on the job including the cost of parts/machine work.
Let me be clear. Hell, I'll take you at your word. I do charity work and always admonish my young friends to do the same. Guess what I can't do. When I get my mortgage each month I don't get to say, "yeah, sorry I don't have the payment. But you know I volunteered a lot last summer. Will you take partial payment?" That would be met with a polite chuckle I'm sure.

Quote:

I've seen the man build 2 trucks from spare parts that performed beautifully, I've witnessed and worked with him on hundreds of brake jobs, clutch replacements, tranny rebuilds, complete wiring (try doing a full rewire on a 65 Dodge A100 sometime)....
That isn't rarified air here. That's all I'm going to say about that before it gets really lame.

Quote:

you name it, DB and I did it together.
Must . . . resist. . . . temp . . . tation. Bad Vettezuk. Bad.

Quote:

He's one of the most stand up guys I've ever known, guaranteed to be loyal 100% of the time....I can't count the number of times I depended on him when nobody else was willing to help.
I feel a tear trickling down my face. Sadly not everyone seems to have had this experience. They're expressing their opinion, which is coming from a different POV.

Quote:

With that said get off the dual alternators and dual washer systems, I've seen both with my own eyes and they're great. Who cares really? The dual alternator hurts nothing and the dual washer system is just neat....it's for FUN, it's unique. Lighten up...really. It may not be necessary but DB isn't building track cars.
Ok, I actually kinda agree with on this one. I don't get it. But I'm a happy person because I don't go through life needing to understand why everyone does what they do.

Quote:

The crap with the heads...for starters it's between 2 men, not a bunch of people who have nothing better to do on a forum. The heads to be sent were put in care of a machine shop who may or may not have fulfilled it's obligation. We've both used the shop in the past with mixed results, typically they turn out truly quality product and it's worth the wait.
Business tip: Mixed results are shit. Consistency and professionalism are everything. Make that one to live by and you'll be far better off.

Quote:

Bottom line is you all know NOTHING about DB, the man gives away more auto parts than you probably have in your shop, if he had the money or credit to refund he would've done it. Apparently none of you have ever experienced hard times, I know most of the country is doing just peachy right now.
Maybe most of the country is learning a lesson like DB is learning. . . but that's a thread for the P&R Forum.

Ah, toast is done. Peace.

enkeivette 12-30-2008 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrharris32 (Post 11783)
Obviously I'm "new" to your community. I am not much for forums, never have been. As an IT man by day I spend my share of time behind the bright light but never really found it worthwhile to spend time "posting" on, or for that matter wasting so much time assessing other peoples lives. In the real world those people are usually women who watch Soaps, gossip, and live off their husbands income.

I've read all 33 pages of crap here and am amazed, is this what people are spending their time on?

Now, for the biggie that should spark another 30 pages of wasted time and cloaked bitching from guys who wrench on their pet projects and have spent so much time reading GM tech data they believe to be "master mechanics". My name is Matt, and I am a personal friend of DB/Matt...I have been for many many years. Before you fall off your chair I stumbled on this thread during a conversation with DB, he simply recommended it as a good read.

I was there the day this man signed up for CF, he was in MY shop on one of the terminals we used to diagnose or obtain tech data for repairs. DB is not some half ass sitting behind a computer...this man has put in hundreds upon hundreds of hours turning wrenches. He was my partner for 4 years at a classic car restoration shop where we put together everything from a 77 Charger to an 87 Toyota Pickup...an interesting restore based on the truck shown in the movie "back to the future". The truck belonged to a young man who died, his brother wanted the truck as his brother did...DB being the asshole that he is spent hundreds of hours, 18 hour shifts, etc working on this vehicle so it would be done in time for a very special memorial service. What did he get paid? NOTHING.

Christmas last year we got a plea from a father wanting to give his daughter a vehicle on Christmas, a 99 Tahoe that had belonged to her deceased mother....a bent piston rod and severe bearing damage. This was a paying customer that found us about 7 days before Christmas...one that we provided a beautiful christmas to due to working non-stop for 3 days without a break. DB was there for all of it, sliced up, knuckle busted and still kicking for the sake of a young girl with a dead mother...we made a measly $750 on the job including the cost of parts/machine work.

I've seen the man build 2 trucks from spare parts that performed beautifully, I've witnessed and worked with him on hundreds of brake jobs, clutch replacements, tranny rebuilds, complete wiring (try doing a full rewire on a 65 Dodge A100 sometime)....you name it, DB and I did it together.

He's one of the most stand up guys I've ever known, guaranteed to be loyal 100% of the time....I can't count the number of times I depended on him when nobody else was willing to help.

With that said get off the dual alternators and dual washer systems, I've seen both with my own eyes and they're great. Who cares really? The dual alternator hurts nothing and the dual washer system is just neat....it's for FUN, it's unique. Lighten up...really. It may not be necessary but DB isn't building track cars.

The crap with the heads...for starters it's between 2 men, not a bunch of people who have nothing better to do on a forum. The heads to be sent were put in care of a machine shop who may or may not have fulfilled it's obligation. We've both used the shop in the past with mixed results, typically they turn out truly quality product and it's worth the wait.

Bottom line is you all know NOTHING about DB, the man gives away more auto parts than you probably have in your shop, if he had the money or credit to refund he would've done it. Apparently none of you have ever experienced hard times, I know most of the country is doing just peachy right now.

Be glad you have your jobs, quit wasting so much of your life trying to discredit someone else you don't even know (how many hours could you have spent volunteering to actually help someone instead?), and embrace all opinions on automotive maintenance, customization, and troubleshooting. None of us are right 100% of the time, most of the time we ALL have to try things 2, 3, or a 100 times before we get it right...particularly on a classic car. I don't recall any of the threads being referred to as "100% guaranteed accurate answers". We work on old cars, try new things, cuss, and aspire to build things other people cannot...leave it at that.

I welcome any questions on DB, and before any of you geek out I live in Arma, KS, Comcast provides my internet connection...feel free to check me out...you will not find me or pages of posts you can criticize.

Post some pics of your shop, to lend some credibility.

Rodsknockin 12-30-2008 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heypal (Post 11910)
Sweet 37 pages of shit. Just what I like to see.

I can agree with that but you have to admit its been good for business.Over 5000 views,the largest you guys have had.Hopefully some of you guys have gone over to CF and searched the threads over the past couple of years and seen that the Vettemod boys were hellbent on making everyones life miserable at CF because they couldnt have their way.For instance go look at all posts by 68L71 and you will see when he posted 95 percent of the time it was just to harass.Sourgrapes--if the boys couldnt get their way then no one would have peace.
Another example-Dwncchs cautioned a member to not use his wifes vacuum cleaner to remove remaining gasoline from his tank because it might blow up. The internet smart Twin Turbo chimed in and said (something to the effect) Bullshit it WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT BLOW UP.I think he just wanted to argue with DWncchs.How could you argue that there was the real possibility that it COULD blow up? So what if 9 times out of 10 Mythbusters tried it it didnt blow up-do we know under what conditions this test was performed ? No at least I dont and if it will blow up 1 time out of 10 why would you tell a rookie member its OK to use your 110volt vacuum cleaner to remove highly volatile gasoline from your fuel tank ? Probably because Twin Turbo had been looking for a subject to argue with DWncchs. You ever turned your shop vac on in the dark and seen that ring of fire around the armature ? Fuel vapor and a source of ignition can very well lead to an explosion. I believe DW chose to err on the side of caution and not put the safety of a member asking for advice in jeopardy based on 1 test Mythbusters did. Then when brought up to read the caution labels on your shop vac Twin Turbo changed his approach and blamed the USA for spreading bullshit. Who was spreading bullshit ? Guys do the internet a favor and go to CF and DC and search the archives for these guys posts and see how much of what they have said is the truth. They have come in in numbers and bombarded this forum with their slanted side of the story please go find out the truth so some of this crap can be stopped.

big2bird 12-30-2008 07:56 AM

Hey Dr Phil,
You post that link to here at CF yet?:laugh:

Rodsknockin 12-30-2008 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 11923)
Hey Dr Phil,
You post that link to here at CF yet?:laugh:

Your the link Queen,you do it.:D

big2bird 12-30-2008 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodsknockin (Post 11924)
Your the link Queen,you do it.:D

I can't. I was banned during the great "Cover up DB's ass again " copywrite paper scandel of 07.:D

BRUTAL64 12-30-2008 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 11911)
I just have fun dissecting things sometimes while I'm waiting for toast.

Apparently not . . . sexist. Back to the IT bit later.

So DB recommenced a good read of crap to waste your time on?

So you're an IT guy with your own shop? That's a lot of work.

Mere hundreds? I think I've hit that level and certainly consider myself an amateur.

Thought you were an IT guy.

Let me be clear. Hell, I'll take you at your word. I do charity work and always admonish my young friends to do the same. Guess what I can't do. When I get my mortgage each month I don't get to say, "yeah, sorry I don't have the payment. But you know I volunteered a lot last summer. Will you take partial payment?" That would be met with a polite chuckle I'm sure.

That isn't rarified air here. That's all I'm going to say about that before it gets really lame.

Must . . . resist. . . . temp . . . tation. Bad Vettezuk. Bad.

I feel a tear trickling down my face. Sadly not everyone seems to have had this experience. They're expressing their opinion, which is coming from a different POV.

Ok, I actually kinda agree with on this one. I don't get it. But I'm a happy person because I don't go through life needing to understand why everyone does what they do.

Business tip: Mixed results are shit. Consistency and professionalism are everything. Make that one to live by and you'll be far better off.

Maybe most of the country is learning a lesson like DB is learning. . . but that's a thread for the P&R Forum.

Ah, toast is done. Peace.

:pot_stir::judge::bigthumbsup:

68L71 12-30-2008 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodsknockin (Post 11922)
For instance go look at all posts by 68L71 and you will see when he posted 95 percent of the time it was just to harass.

What no links???? I might have to get a friend to write up a long post about what a great guy I am. :rolleyes2:

Come on DWncchs stop posting about yourself in the third person….no way anyone else would put in such an effort to prove that YOU are so great.

Durango_Boy 12-30-2008 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68L71 (Post 11933)
What no links???? I might have to get a friend to write up a long post about what a great guy I am.

I didn't ask Matt to join the forum, or post anything at all about me for that matter. He asked what I was doing and I pasted the link in the IM window, said, "Here, this should keep you busy for a while."

Next thing I knew he had joined and posted.

Glad he did though, he might make a valuable addition to this forum. Buys and sells and works on a lot of different makes and models so he has a lot of good experience.

Rodsknockin 12-30-2008 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 11925)
I can't. I was banned during the great "Cover up DB's ass again " copywrite paper scandel of 07.:D

Oh my gosh your still whining because you couldnt get your way. I can just see you now laying on the floor kicking and screaming.:laugh:
You VM boys have always whined about DB having the mods in his pocket.He didnt have them in his pocket,the mods decided you guys were in the wrong and you got banned for it-because you BROKE the rules.
And talking about having mods in your pocket at CF geesh --your all hypocrites.Go back to Page 27 post #268 in this thread and read how Twin Turbo owner of Vettemod openly admits that you guys helped that nut Patrocinum get info about DB to put on his website.You guys thought you could bury DB by siding with this nut and you guys got stabbed in the nuts by him. VM boys ---wise up --all your comments are in the archives of several forums.You guys need to go back to your very lonely little forum (14 guys a day) and play amongst yourselves.(before I really start digging into the archives)
800 members.....Bull:rolleyes2:

Better yet I just went and got post #268.....Who is this guy calling a Hoodlum?

Yesterday, 10:48 PM

Twin_Turbo
| Dr. Crankenstein
My Photos: (402)

That abcoremedical guy used to post here under the name Patrocinum but after people here tried to help him (I know some people helped him get the info he posted on his website because most of it had been sanitized) instead of being thankful for the help and trying to get along here he made a stink and basically bit the hand that fed him. He is to this day the only banned person on this forum.

That's what I find most amazing, with the bad rep some of you hoodlums have over on CF, I don't undertstand why none of you are banned here
Most users ever online simultaneously was 57, 06-24-2008 at 03:44 AM.

68L71 12-30-2008 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodsknockin (Post 11939)
Oh my gosh your still whining because you couldnt get your way. I can just see you now laying on the floor kicking and screaming.:laugh:
You VM boys have always whined about DB having the mods in his pocket.He didnt have them in his pocket,the mods decided you guys were in the wrong and you got banned for it-because you BROKE the rules.
And talking about having mods in your pocket at CF geesh --your all hypocrites.Go back to Page 27 post #268 in this thread and read how Twin Turbo owner of Vettemod openly admits that you guys helped that nut Patrocinum get info about DB to put on his website.You guys thought you could bury DB by siding with this nut and you guys got stabbed in the nuts by him. VM boys ---wise up --all your comments are in the archives of several forums.You guys need to go back to your very lonely little forum (14 guys a day) and play amongst yourselves.(before I really start digging into the archives)

Twin_Turbo
| Dr. Crankenstein

That abcoremedical guy used to post here under the name Patrocinum but after people here tried to help him (I know some people helped him get the info he posted on his website because most of it had been sanitized) instead of being thankful for the help and trying to get along here he made a stink and basically bit the hand that fed him. He is to this day the only banned person on this forum.

That's what I find most amazing, with the bad rep some of you hoodlums have over on CF, I don't undertstand why none of you are banned here

Seek help DWncchs...

Rodsknockin 12-30-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68L71 (Post 11933)
What no links????

Wow I guess you knew something I didnt.Have you been deleting all your past posts or were they of such "little" value to the forum the automatic trash compactor kick them out ? :rolling:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...ing-posts.html

big2bird 12-30-2008 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durango_Boy (Post 11934)
I didn't ask Matt to join the forum, or post anything at all about me for that matter. He asked what I was doing and I pasted the link in the IM window, said, "Here, this should keep you busy for a while."

Next thing I knew he had joined and posted.

:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

big2bird 12-30-2008 10:25 AM

Quote:

Wrong again Rodger. I just answered your question. You will find ZERO requests from me about reinstatment.

You have nothing on me to make me kick and scream.:sm_laughing:

The only reason this thread exists, is because DB is on the bench at CF, and was going thru "posting withdrawls.":rolling:

mdbelanger 12-30-2008 01:44 PM

YO......................... Durango_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango_Boy
I didn't spend his money for my own needs. I spent my own money for my needs, and to be honest heating my house in the dead of winter is very important to me as it should be to all of you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdbelanger (Post 11834)
Would it be possible to see a photo and scanned receipt of this new heating system?

Just offering ya an opportunity to prove a truthfull statement.

Over 4 grand is an ouch.

Michael.

There a problem with proving your plight?

Durango_Boy 12-30-2008 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdbelanger (Post 11963)
YO......................... Durango_Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango_Boy
I didn't spend his money for my own needs. I spent my own money for my needs, and to be honest heating my house in the dead of winter is very important to me as it should be to all of you.

There a problem with proving your plight?

I don't have to prove that to you, by any means. None of it is any of your business. I had a personal emergency here that required every penny I had plus credit cards and that's what I took care of. I could care less if you believe me or not...it doesn't change the fact that I still have to pay Mike his money...it just means it can't happen as fast. The fact that I am working as hard as I can to put together that money is all Mike needs to know...which is more than any of you are entitled to know. Period.

68L71 12-30-2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodsknockin (Post 11943)
Wow I guess you knew something I didnt.Have you been deleting all your past posts or were they of such "little" value to the forum the automatic trash compactor kick them out ? :rolling:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-g...ing-posts.html

What do you know, DWncchs has visited my profile page a CF....

redvetracr 12-30-2008 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68L71 (Post 11976)
What do you know, DWncchs has visited my profile page a CF....

yea the "twin clowns" dwncchs (aka rodsaknockin/18436572) and his sonny boy db are always looking at my CF page...it must be a cyberstalking thing....gee I might have to talk to someone about that...gramps maybe.

Rodsknockin 12-30-2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redvetracr (Post 11988)
yea the "twin clowns" dwncchs (aka rodsaknockin/18436572) and his sonny boy db are always looking at my CF page...it must be a cyberstalking thing....gee I might have to talk to someone about that...gramps maybe.

Run to the mods wah wah wah ,thats what you do best.:rolling: Oh isnt that what you accused DB of doing ?

TimAT 12-30-2008 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodsknockin (Post 11992)
Run to the mods wah wah wah ,thats what you do best.:rolling: Oh isnt that what you accused DB of doing ?

And we've all seen d_b run to the CF mods how many times? And how many times did HE break the rules a CF? A simple "OOPS, I may have made a mistake" in the thread would have been an easy way out. From what I saw, it was more like, "I am right, you are picking on me" and then the person that pointed out the bad/poor info got spanked by the CF Mods.:huh:

TimAT 12-30-2008 05:33 PM

Quote:

Twin_Turbo
| Dr. Crankenstein

I'll throw a thought in on this one- VM started 23 MARCH 2008. Since it started, VM has collected 800+ members, some 300 are really active. So you're trying to point out that a NEW FORUM (by my thoughts anyway) can't compete with a forum that has 207,000 members and a corporation backing it with some big bucks? Not to mention some fairly big sponsor money coming in.

big2bird 12-30-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodsknockin (Post 11992)
Run to the mods wah wah wah ,thats what you do best.:rolling: Oh isnt that what you know DB was doing ?

Fixed it for ya,:thumbs_up:

big2bird 12-30-2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimAT (Post 11996)
And we've all seen d_b run to the CF mods how many times? And how many times did HE break the rules a CF? A simple "OOPS, I may have made a mistake" in the thread would have been an easy way out. From what I saw, it was more like, "I am right, you are picking on me" and then the person that pointed out the bad/poor info got spanked by the CF Mods.:huh:

Tim nails it on the head again.;)

big2bird 12-30-2008 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durango_Boy (Post 11852)
I must have missed those, maybe I'll have time to go back and read through again tomorrow.

So, CF bench warmer, you have time to reflect on history as you wrote it yet? Just curious. I don't really expect you to fess up. It's just not your thing.

Durango_Boy 12-30-2008 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 12007)
So, CF bench warmer, you have time to reflect on history as you wrote it yet? Just curious. I don't really expect you to fess up. It's just not your thing.

Do you remember what page they were on? I really don't feel like sifting through 40 pages.

big2bird 12-30-2008 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durango_Boy (Post 12008)
Do you remember what page they were on? I really don't feel like sifting through 40 pages.

mybad79 12-30-2008 07:33 PM

You know... this entire thing is so far beyond ridiculous, it's unbelievable.

This is not about a frigging furnace nor does anybody want to know how much it was to replace it, it's not about how much money you have and how much you make or if you have job or what not.... most people don't care at this point.... the one thing I agree with you on is the fact that it is nobody's business what you spend YOUR money on.
Simple fact is that you received $770 for a set of heads that was your responsibility to deliver - you did not deliver anything but a story that as far as I heard changed quiet a few times.
Now.... I'm not telling what you should be doing, I'm just telling you what I would have done: I'd be embarrassed having to tell the guy that the item was unusable and I'd be sending HIS money back right away - or better: not cash the check. :bigthumbsup:

No money ? Well... I've been thru hard times too.... but I have dignity and pride: If I did not have the money to pay someone back i'd be selling my rims, my car stereo, my computer.... SOMETHING ... to pay that guy's money back....

I would NEVER let 7 weeks + pass and let this story be posted publicly on the net accessible to everybody.... I'd be ashamed and embarrassed...

Now ... you're proudly posting about the great deal and the $200 you made.... wonderful.... so it took this much to get you moving ??? Why did you not move and do something weeks before the infamous "hey DB, where are my heads" thread ??

Oh, and please don't take anything to PM or email.... if you cannot say it publicly, don't say it....

Now, again, before you start whining about being attacked by the "known bad guys".... I have never personally attacked anyone or even posted anything negative about forum members here, there, or elsewhere so don't even think about playing the cry and blame game with me.

It's as simple as this: you cashed a check that you received for something that you did not deliver, give the man his money back and move on.

Scroll up a little and look for the words "pride" and "dignity" :bigthumbsup:

Rodsknockin 12-30-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodsknockin (Post 11922)
I can agree with that but you have to admit its been good for business.Over 5000 views,the largest you guys have had.Hopefully some of you guys have gone over to CF and searched the threads over the past couple of years and seen that the Vettemod boys were hellbent on making everyones life miserable at CF because they couldnt have their way.For instance go look at all posts by 68L71 and you will see when he posted 95 percent of the time it was just to harass.Sourgrapes--if the boys couldnt get their way then no one would have peace.
Another example-Dwncchs cautioned a member to not use his wifes vacuum cleaner to remove remaining gasoline from his tank because it might blow up. The internet smart Twin Turbo chimed in and said (something to the effect) Bullshit it WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT BLOW UP.I think he just wanted to argue with DWncchs.How could you argue that there was the real possibility that it COULD blow up? So what if 9 times out of 10 Mythbusters tried it it didnt blow up-do we know under what conditions this test was performed ? No at least I dont and if it will blow up 1 time out of 10 why would you tell a rookie member its OK to use your 110volt vacuum cleaner to remove highly volatile gasoline from your fuel tank ? Probably because Twin Turbo had been looking for a subject to argue with DWncchs. You ever turned your shop vac on in the dark and seen that ring of fire around the armature ? Fuel vapor and a source of ignition can very well lead to an explosion. I believe DW chose to err on the side of caution and not put the safety of a member asking for advice in jeopardy based on 1 test Mythbusters did. Then when brought up to read the caution labels on your shop vac Twin Turbo changed his approach and blamed the USA for spreading bullshit. Who was spreading bullshit ? Guys do the internet a favor and go to CF and DC and search the archives for these guys posts and see how much of what they have said is the truth. They have come in in numbers and bombarded this forum with their slanted side of the story please go find out the truth so some of this crap can be stopped.

Hey bigbird does TT still tell guys its OK to use a 110v vacuum cleaner to remove gasoline from the fuel tank? Would you recommend it ?

mybad79 12-30-2008 08:22 PM

wasted time.

Durango_Boy 12-31-2008 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mybad79 (Post 12017)
Now ... you're proudly posting about the great deal and the $200 you made.... wonderful.... so it took this much to get you moving ??? Why did you not move and do something weeks before the infamous "hey DB, where are my heads" thread ??

Simple, when Mike posted that thread it had only been several days from when I was told the heads were shipped so as far as I knew they were in transit and being delivered to Mike. There would have been no reason to refund him if there was still the chance that they were just held up.

Once we came to an agreement on when the heads were considered 'not received' I told him he was getting a refund. At that point I decided to withdraw money from an account that I really am not allowed to withdraw from except for emergency purposes and I waited for that check. I was going to convert it to a cashier's check or postal money order for Mike and mail it off the following day. Enter furnace purchase.

Since that point, I have been emailing and listing, and trying to sell as much stuff as I can to accumulate the full $770 since he will not accept anything less, even half payment.

So don't assume I should have been saving for a refund since the day he paid me and I have just been holding out. I started trying to put the money together immediately when I no longer had the funds.

Durango_Boy 12-31-2008 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big2bird (Post 12011)

Cool, I would have gone backwards and it would have taken two more days.

First off, and I think it's kind of funny that you extrapolated your inside joke of me not knowing what a flexplate or flywheel is based on that quote. It was a combination of me typing the wrong word because I was thinking of a different make car, and a sarcastic response to a very nasty PM from a member then.

I didn't tell him to flip it or to take anything out or put anything back...I was giving him an option to look into because of a symptom I dealt with on a different make car that was extremely similar and the fix was simply putting the flexplate on correctly.

It's always been known to me that automatics have flexplates and manuals have flywheels, except when some makes use both for a manual. Either way, that's a bit of a stretch because I just typed the wrong word. Thinking one thing and writing another. Happens to you older guys a lot I'd imagine. :nutkick:

As for the brake booster thread, I was just confused from the start. Oh, and I like how you used that as an example of information that will get someone killed when in that very thread BBShark even said, "At least your bad information was not dangerous this time." That's funny.

Oh and I think having that brake pedal return spring is nice...it feels better than the pedals on the cars they had broken off of. Being that it's on most power brake cars too I see no reason why I should not suggest someone look to see if it's there or broken. At the very least the broken ones rattle and that's annoying. :D

68L71 12-31-2008 08:13 AM

The above two posts are your problem d_b (this and giving answers when you are unsure)…if you are wrong just say something like “oh shit, my mistake” instead of a paragraph explaining, you knew but you didn’t, you typed one thing and thought another etc…all these excuses makes you the king of BS.

big2bird 12-31-2008 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68L71 (Post 12071)
The above two posts are your problem d_b (this and giving answers when you are unsure)…if you are wrong just say something like “oh shit, my mistake” instead of a paragraph explaining, you knew but you didn’t, you typed one thing and thought another etc…all these excuses makes you the king of BS.

He doesn't get it, and never will. That is why we left, and that is why we get more members every day. Give it up. It's like teaching a pig to sing. As soon as he gets back on CF, and has a "heroe's welcome" by the fellow cool aid drinkers, VM and MG can get back to normal. ;)